Fev: The Should or Shouldn't Debate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fev in a Saints Jumper?

yes, no questions asked
5%
yes, with a serious water tight contract in case of idiotness
59%
nope, deadwood, a useless unfit loser
27%
maybe, i trust whatever the recruit dept does tho
9%

Total votes: 113

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He should never be in our jumper. Doesnt matter how cheap. He has no negative skills so he just wouldnt work in the forward line of an AFL club the way footy is played today.

I am now convinced we should get him!
:lol: Gold.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

he has no negative skills
rightio
if they are positive skills then i suggest we should have a look
lol

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Negative skills???

Plugger66 would be a shoe in for a mature rookie spot then. I've never encountered a more negative person.

PJ
SS Life Member

We need to go forwards not backwards - No

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we should be having a serious look at him. Surely the moron has learnt his lesson. Surely any club willing to take a punt on him would also be smart enough to add clauses to a contract that'll keep him on the straight and narrow. A definate yes from me.

I'd imagine the Dogs would be thinking this over quite seriously. Hall has left them with a big hole to fill.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

Fev is a gun. We already have a senior group so his influence on a young list would be minimal. No one has ever questioned his ability with a footy in his hands and power forwards don't grow on trees. He's exactly what we need for ONE last crack at a flag.

We're being pretty much handed an opportunity to pick up one of the best forwards of the last 10 years. He's really good mates with a lot of the players already... Ross Lyon coached him for a period of time at Carlton... We're in the best position of any of the clubs to help him through this period of his life and get well and truly back on track.

He grew up loving the Saints... And he almost came to the club when G Train retired.

Riewoldt, Milne, Schneider. Fevola, Kosi (ruck/forward), Siposs...... That's a pretty frigging awesome forward line right there. You could probably chuck a couple of others running through there as well.

Cro
Club Player

If we are serious about having a real crack next year then it's a big YES.

We of all clubs should know how much the media over plays things, and they've made this bloke sound a lot worse than he really is.

You can't say no to a forward of this quality if all you're giving up is a rookie spot.

The days of seeing Roo tripple teamed would be gone.

PJ
SS Life Member

If you think we should go for Fev then forget about Tommy Walsh getting a crack.

Cro
Club Player

Just because we give Fev a go doesn't mean Walsh won't get picked ahead of him if he deserves it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:If you think we should go for Fev then forget about Tommy Walsh getting a crack.
That's about the size of it PJ.

After a couple of years of Fev there'll be some other aging forward we should look at.

We've already got Roo & Kosi heading towards 30 - time to develop someone like Tommy.

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

PJ wrote:If you think we should go for Fev then forget about Tommy Walsh getting a crack.
Can't Walsh play as a defender as well? Blake's probably retiring... Seems a pretty good replacement.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Cro wrote:Just because we give Fev a go doesn't mean Walsh won't get picked ahead of him if he deserves it.
Agreed. If he's good enough, he'll get a gig. if not, he's just got to to get better. We're not a charity.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Cro
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:
Cro wrote:Just because we give Fev a go doesn't mean Walsh won't get picked ahead of him if he deserves it.
Agreed. If he's good enough, he'll get a gig. if not, he's just got to to get better. We're not a charity.
That's it, and having two blokes (three if we count Kozi?) fighting for the FF gig can't be a bad thing.

At his peak Fev was the best FF in the game, surely he'd teach Walsh a few things too. Might even tell Roo how to kick.

PJ
SS Life Member

Saints need some long term thinking and planning. Not sure exactly how Fev would go but if you think it's simply a matter of dropping him in the forward line then have a look at how the lions went with him and Brown in the team.

I don't know if Walsh will or won't make it but he needs his opportunity sooner rather later. I think preseason you'll see a bit of him.

Cro
Club Player

PJ wrote:Saints need some long term thinking and planning. Not sure exactly how Fev would go but if you think it's simply a matter of dropping him in the forward line then have a look at how the lions went with him and Brown in the team.

I don't know if Walsh will or won't make it but he needs his opportunity sooner rather later. I think preseason you'll see a bit of him.
Fev and Brown were both injured for most of that season, and the Lions midfield at the time cannot be compared to the class of ours.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Cro wrote:
PJ wrote:Saints need some long term thinking and planning. Not sure exactly how Fev would go but if you think it's simply a matter of dropping him in the forward line then have a look at how the lions went with him and Brown in the team.

Fev and Brown were both injured for most of that season, and the Lions midfield at the time cannot be compared to the class of ours.
Fev & Browny worked exceptionally well until Brown got injured, Fev did his groin (& kept playing) and quite a few others got hurt as well.

IF they are having another serious crack at the flag then Fev has to be a consideration.

I have a feeling that unless something miraculous happens & we got deep into Sept/Oct then the rebuild will commence.

PJ
SS Life Member

Fev & Browny worked exceptionally well until Brown got injured, Fev did his groin (& kept playing) and quite a few others got hurt as well.
How many games did they win? just curious.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Negative skills???

Plugger66 would be a shoe in for a mature rookie spot then. I've never encountered a more negative person.
Does a positive person knock everything because that is what most people have a go at me for, not knocking everything. Sorry i think Fev would be no good for us and sorry i dont think we will get Butcher or Clarke or Pendlebury and sorry I dont hate umpires, the AFL, MRP and the Queen. i would suggest I am more positive than 90% of people on here.

Cityboy
Club Player

I'd take him in a heartbeat while they're premiership window is slightly ajar. Take some pressure off Roo & Milney to carry the goal scoring load. Either he gets the best full back and Rooey gets a breather, or vice versa.

Put him on a performance based contract with strict conditions. I doubt he'll cost anything.

GO SAINTA!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Cityboy wrote:I'd take him in a heartbeat while they're premiership window is slightly ajar. Take some pressure off Roo & Milney to carry the goal scoring load. Either he gets the best full back and Rooey gets a breather, or vice versa.

Put him on a performance based contract with strict conditions. I doubt he'll cost anything.
why? because you want to reduce our chances of getting a premiership?

kick it to me, kick it to me, kick it to me, well fcuks you all I'm going to have a dummy spit...oh and heres me on the pine again.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Does a positive person knock everything because that is what most people have a go at me for, not knocking everything. Sorry i think Fev would be no good for us and sorry i dont think we will get Butcher or Clarke or Pendlebury and sorry I dont hate umpires, the AFL, MRP and the Queen. i would suggest I am more positive than 90% of people on here.
No a positive person does not knock everything......and you may feel that your 90% more positive because you get a great positive feeling from telling children the truth about santa and the easter bunny while popping their balloons.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No a positive person does not knock everything......and you may feel that your 90% more positive because you get a great positive feeling from telling children the truth about santa and the easter bunny while popping their balloons.
So we are comparing 6 year olds to me saying we wont get Butcher, Clark or Pendlebury? I thought most were over 10 years old here so that is why I was popping the balloons.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It wasn't a metaphor, I thought when you won't handing out parking fines or umpiring you actually had a past time besides SS.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:It wasn't a metaphor, I thought when you won't handing out parking fines or umpiring you actually had a past time besides SS.
No.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: So we are comparing 6 year olds to me
I would not have thought so, obviously most 6 year olds are far more intelligent than you!