A sign from above

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Carl
Club Player

A sign from above

I am not one to believe in omens or other claptrap, however.....

Cycling to work today through Glen Waverley I was swooped on by a magpie.

As it is the 31st of August, and therefore still winter, I can declare that the magpies are getting ahead of themselves and that they may have peaked a little early this year.

I am now checking to see if Nostradamus said something like "and the magpie did come tumbling down in the first half of preliminary as the saints made their way past to snatch the most holiest of grails"

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself!

St Carl
mullet
Saintsational Legend

That is exactly what nostradamus said :shock:

saint tash
Club Player

How about we worry about things we can control and our own backyard and let others' worry about themselves.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:How about we worry about things we can control and our own backyard and let others' worry about themselves.
Fun Police 8-)

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:How about we worry about things we can control and our own backyard and let others' worry about themselves.
If you're worried about things your club can control and it's own backyard, what the hell are you wasting time for over on our club's forum :roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
If you're worried about things your club can control and it's own backyard, what the hell are you wasting time for over on our club's forum :roll:
:D Took the words out of my mouth. WTF is with this twit?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, that's good logic. How much control do you think you actually have over anything that happens in the world of AFL footy?

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Well said Doc!

The Saints are coming!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I had a dream the other night where we met the Weagles in the GF and won by a massive margin. It's the first dream I can remember after waking up for years. I'm hoping if thats right the next one involves lottery numbers.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I had a dream the other night where we met the Weagles in the GF and won by a massive margin. It's the first dream I can remember after waking up for years. I'm hoping if thats right the next one involves lottery numbers.
Nice dream but can't happen anyway as we are on same side of the draw

Actually, sorry... Just realized I'm wrong!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
gringo wrote:I had a dream the other night where we met the Weagles in the GF and won by a massive margin. It's the first dream I can remember after waking up for years. I'm hoping if thats right the next one involves lottery numbers.
Nice dream but can't happen anyway as we are on same side of the draw
Of course it can happen. When they lose to the pies they go on the other side of the draw. It wont happen though because nether side will get there.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

and my cat did a sh1t in my room the other day. does that mean we are s*** compared to the cats? or just that the cat deserves a good boot in the head? i believe it is the latter, altough would never do such a thing.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:and my cat did a sh1t in my room the other day. does that mean we are s*** compared to the cats? or just that the cat deserves a good boot in the head? i believe it is the latter, altough would never do such a thing.
What our cheersquad? Compared to the Cats we are probably shitter.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Has your foot recovered yet Saint Dooley?

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Let's remember that Collingwood have not won a premiership in September since 1958.
Both GF's they have won we're in October, as we sadly remember from last year.
Unfortunately this year's GF is in October, let's hope they crash around prelim time.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saint tash
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Let's remember that Collingwood have not won a premiership in September since 1958.
Both GF's they have won we're in October, as we sadly remember from last year.
Unfortunately this year's GF is in October, let's hope they crash around prelim time.
"Both GF's they have won we're in October"

Since '58 or before? Could u clarify as your post is a tad unclear.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
jays
Club Player

hate magpies

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

it would be an omen if mary mckillop suddenly flew down upon wings, swooped the magpie up and flew off into the clouds.
later you see a dead magpie in the gutter, next to a cat with the blues, it looks at the bird, then up at you and says, a saint killed her.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

58 was the filth's last September flag.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Why not substitute the word "we" with "you" and "our" with the word "your"? :wink: :idea:

Mods, perhaps taking away this poster's false Sainthood is in order, so they can just be referred to as just Tash? :idea: :idea: :idea:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Re: A sign from above

St.Carl wrote:I am not one to believe in omens or other claptrap, however.....

Cycling to work today through Glen Waverley I was swooped on by a magpie.

As it is the 31st of August, and therefore still winter, I can declare that the magpies are getting ahead of themselves and that they may have peaked a little early this year.

I am now checking to see if Nostradamus said something like "and the magpie did come tumbling down in the first half of preliminary as the saints made their way past to snatch the most holiest of grails"

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself!
Did the magpie also drop a message on you? That is also a very auspicious thing to happen.

Magpies really give me the willies though. A lot like Filth supporters.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!