Betting Scandal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterSoul
Club Player

Betting Scandal

The sniping moron from The Footy Show broke this story last night, but refused to name names.

Didn't see any discussion on this....but, the word is that this might be close to home. Obviously, this is just chinese whispers. I hope it's not us.

Apparently this type of bet can only be made on a couple of different games each weekend - Us V Port, Filth V Freo. Apparently it was made in our game (though there is conjecture over this).
Last edited by SainterSoul on Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:31am, edited 3 times in total.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Betting Scandal

SainterSoul wrote:The sniping moron from The Footy Show broke this story last night, but refused to name names.

Didn't see any discussion on this....but, the word is that this might be close to home. Obviously, this is just chinese whispers. I hope it's not us.
Its an assisant coach who placed a bet not involving his club.

SainterSoul
Club Player

Re: Betting Scandal

Old Mate wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:The sniping moron from The Footy Show broke this story last night, but refused to name names.

Its an assisant coach who placed a bet not involving his club.
He said it involved the club he coaches, didn't he? That's what I've read. See: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1jol9.html
Last edited by SainterSoul on Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:12am, edited 2 times in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint4life
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

And over on BF, after expressing relief/hope that it's not another Collingwood Betting Scandal' the luminaries seem to be pointing to someone from the Saints vs North game.

No names mentioned but clues pointing to someone who played with the Club they are an assistant coach at, whose coached the team at senior level and was a 'rugged defender'.

Apropos of nothing in particular, anybody like Bazza McKenzie as a movie?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

apologies for the repeated link!

saint4life
SainterSoul
Club Player

We get it chook! :wink:

He said it involved the club he coaches, didn't he? That's what I've read. See: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1jol9.html.

Also confirmed in chooks link.

McGuire confirmed it's not the Pies on Triple M this morning, so it will be 1 of the other 3 clubs.

sainterjo
Club Player

SainterSoul wrote:We get it chook! :wink:

He said it involved the club he coaches, didn't he? That's what I've read. See: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1jol9.html.

Also confirmed in chooks link.

rSoul, you read about as well as the rest of your Collingwood mates:

The Footy Show last night claimed the league was looking into another betting scandal, alleging an unnamed assistant coach placed a bet involving his team last weekend.

But it's now believed the wager, understood to be a three-figure quarter-quad bet, was not on a match involving the coach's club.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
SainterSoul
Club Player

^ Collingwood mates? Seriously, is that the way this place works? As soon as you read a post about something you don't like or want to hear, accuse them on supporting the filth? Pathetic.

I didn't actually read the Herald Sun article (just read the initial line - my bad) but The Age article still says it involved a bet on his own club. Apologies.
Last edited by SainterSoul on Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:25am, edited 1 time in total.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Denham on SEN just indicated St Kilda but not confirmed.

saint4life
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

chook23 wrote:Denham on SEN just indicated St Kilda but not confirmed.
What a complete wanker.. why the hell didnt he just name us, he all but said it.....

Hallalj#3
Club Player

I did see harves at the Mt Eliza tab Friday night before the port game.. He was waiting around for me to finish my bet on the machine but he did have a form guide in his hand so didn't think anything of it we walked in at the same time.. It would be out of character

chook23
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
What a complete wanker.. why the hell didnt he just name us, he all but said it.....
he did when ....KB commented (indicated pretty obvious given Denham comment re off field problems over 2 years) but Denham mentioned not confirmed.

Hoping like hell it is not us.....

and not involving rodney

saint4life
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

chook23 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
he did when ....KB commented (indicated pretty obvious given Denham comment re off field problems over 2 years) but Denham mentioned not confirmed.

and not involving rodney
If it is us then i hope we sack the dumb arse as seriously how stupid can they be doing this onyl a few weeks after Heath Shaw got suspended..... :roll:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Well is it wrong to bet on game's you're not involved in?

I'd hate for the journo's to interrupt their scuttlebutting to incorporate in their stories a reasonably important fact...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
chook23
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
chook23 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:

and not involving rodney
If it is us then i hope we sack the dumb arse as seriously how stupid can they be doing this onyl a few weeks after Heath Shaw got suspended..... :roll:
even more reason to hope it is not rodney

saint4life
SainterSoul
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Well is it wrong to bet on game's you're not involved in?
The rules are well know, aren't they?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I'd hate for the journo's to interrupt their scuttlebutting to incorporate in their stories a reasonably important fact...
Good point. Is it like racing where if you are involved at the pointy end like a jockey, you cant have a bet on anything?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterSoul wrote:
What are they?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterSoul wrote:
I don't know them.

Shoot me.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterSoul
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:
I don't know them.

Shoot me.
As far as I know, the players and coaches would know the rules (and certainly would after Shaw got caught putting bets on). So, the rules would be well known now by those who should know.

sainterjo
Club Player

SainterSoul wrote:^ Collingwood mates? Seriously, is that the way this place works? As soon as you read a post about something you don't like or want to hear, accuse them on supporting the filth? Pathetic.
I'd define 'pathetic' in this instance as a Filth troll masquerading as a Saints supporter. The evidence speaks for itself.

You must have even more wrong with you than the average braindead Poifan...and even less to do.

They will not grow old, as those from more northern States grow old.
For them it will always be three-quarter-time, with the scores level
and the wind advantage in the final term.
SainterSoul
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:
I don't know them.

Shoot me.
See my post above. I meant by coaches and players.