Betting Scandal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterSoul
Club Player

sainterjo wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:^ Collingwood mates? Seriously, is that the way this place works? As soon as you read a post about something you don't like or want to hear, accuse them on supporting the filth? Pathetic.
I'd define 'pathetic' in this instance as a Filth troll masquerading as a Saints supporter. The evidence speaks for itself.

You must have even more wrong with you than the average braindead Poifan...and even less to do.
Yeah okay. Thanks for your input. Mods, delete the thread and ban me. Apparently I'm a Collingwood supporter.
Last edited by SainterSoul on Fri 02 Sep 2011 10:49am, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterSoul wrote:
Thinline wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:
Thinline wrote:Well is it wrong to bet on game's you're not involved in?
The rules are well know, aren't they?
I don't know them.

Shoot me.
See my post above. I meant by coaches and players.
I still don't have a clue what the rules are nor if they are well known.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

From what I can gather, it appears to be an assistant at a club below us but in the eight, who had gambling issues as a player.

SainterSoul
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:it appears to be an assistant at a club below us but in the eight, .
I hope so.

Middo
Club Player

Beno88 wrote:From what I can gather, it appears to be an assistant at a club below us but in the eight, who had gambling issues as a player.
Sounds like a Good Win then ... :wink:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote:From what I can gather, it appears to be an assistant at a club below us but in the eight, who had gambling issues as a player.
where is this supported in anyway?

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterSoul wrote:
Beno88 wrote:it appears to be an assistant at a club below us but in the eight, .
I hope so.
I don't care who it is or at what club.

It is simply stupid that a bloke can't have a punt on an unconnected game.

And before you say: oh, but they may know something...What on earth is the difference between that and me chucking twenty on the third at Rosehill on the basis of what a syndicated horse owner told me about said race...

So over the micro-meddling of this f****** administration.

And all the while they advertise gambling all over the place...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterSoul
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
SainterSoul wrote:
I hope so.
I don't care who it is or at what club.

It is simply stupid that a bloke can't have a punt on an unconnected game.

And before you say: oh, but they may know something...What on earth is the difference between that and me chucking twenty on the third at Rosehill on the basis of what a syndicated horse owner told me about said race...

So over the micro-meddling of this f****** administration.

And all the while they advertise gambling all over the place...
Absolutely agree. Only issue that I can think of is that a friend from another club may give them inside information.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Does not matter.

Rules are rules. They all know it. They all KNOW it.

Whatever club this has come from, no matter who it is, they are a complete and total moron.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-sport-b ... 1jp06.html
The AFL is investigating another potential betting scandal.

An AFL assistant coach last weekend allegedly placed a $100 bet on a game involving his team.

All AFL employees are banned from betting on matches and League boss Andrew Demetriou has told Neil Mitchell an investigtation is underway.

Both Demetriou and Mitchell agree that given the recent eight-week ban for Heath Shaw of Collingwood for a similar offence, it would be very 'stupid' of the assistant coach if found guilty.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

With what has happened recently on Betting matters, all AFL Employees know that they cannot bet on Football.

This so-called Assistant Coach would have to be nuts to place any type of bet on AFL football. There are plenty of other betting opportunities if they must bet.

"If" that person is connected to St Kilda, with the Saints in the Finals and with all that has gone before us earlier in the year, it would be a very very stupid thing to do - a real let-down for the Club. Let's hope that it is another stupid fool!
Last edited by Junction Oval on Fri 02 Sep 2011 11:31am, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I still dont know the rules.

Does anybody know.

The article says ALL employees are banned. Is this true. So if you are an office assistant down at Punt Road on 40k a year, the AFL imposes their authority on your life and forbids you to have a bet on the weekend?

Whats next? A blanket ban on ALL AFL employees having a drink?

Really it is so typical of the AFL. They cover up real corruption in the Whispers inthe Sky incident where it was uncovered that an umpire conspired to help one club win over another, but someone has a minor bet and it is a "scandal" :roll:

FFS the AFL take us all for fools. They have their snout in the trough and use these "scandals" as a smokescreen for the punters (exceuse the Pun (ter)) while they plunder the riches.

A total joke to sidetrack the gullible masses.
Last edited by joffaboy on Fri 02 Sep 2011 11:37am, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I still dont know the rules.

Does anybody know
I don't.

But if I was anyone involved in the footy in any way (particularly a coach or player!) I'd play it safe and simply not bet on the footy at all!

Or, if I did, I certainly wouldn't do it via a betting account and I wouldn't place it myself at a tote in person!

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Joffaboy, this may throw some light on the AFL's position on gambling :

Excerpt from "Statement on AFL Betting Investigation" 5th May 2010.

[quote]Anderson said the AFL's rules around gambling on the AFL were central to the integrity of the competition.

"All AFL players, coaches, umpires and officials should be in no doubt that betting on the AFL is prohibited,â€

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Junction Oval"]Joffaboy, this may throw some light on the AFL's position on gambling :

[quote]Anderson said the AFL's rules around gambling on the AFL were central to the integrity of the competition.

"All AFL players, coaches, umpires and officials should be in no doubt that betting on the AFL is prohibited,â€

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Junction Oval"]Joffaboy, this may throw some light on the AFL's position on gambling :

saint4life
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Keep this in mind the next time you are about to repeat a rumour or spread gossip.

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom.

One day an acquaintance ran up to him excitedly and said,
"Socrates, do you know what I just heard about Diogenes?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied,
"Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."
'Triple filter?" asked the acquaintance.

"That's right," Socrates continued,
"Before you talk to me about Diogenes let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say.

The first filter is Truth.

Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "Actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates,

"So you don't really know if it's true or not.
Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness.

Is what you are about to tell me about Diogenes something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued,
"You want to tell me something about Diogenes that may be bad, even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed.

Socrates continued,
"You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter, the filter of Usefulness.

Is what you want to tell me about Diogenes going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates,

"If what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even useful, why tell it to me or anyone at all?"

The man was bewildered and ashamed.

This is an example of why Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

It also explains why Socrates never found out that Diogenes was shagging his wife..

Another opportunity awaits!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Probably a stupid view, but if it does end up involving St Kilda, is it wrong to just be relieved it isn't a player?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Moccha wrote:It also explains why Socrates never found out that Diogenes was shagging his wife..
And why Diogenes was called Diogenes. :wink:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Probably a stupid view, but if it does end up involving St Kilda, is it wrong to just be relieved it isn't a player?
Agree.

And just like that old song, if it is wrong to think that way, "I don't want to be right" :P

matrix
Saintsational Legend

its us

ffs

what a wanker

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:its us

ffs

what a wanker
Is it really????

prwilkinson
SS Hall of Fame

It's Dean Wallis

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dunno
i was just going with the flow
it always somehow seems to be us, so i went the odds

so yeah
wallis huh
sucked in

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

prwilkinson wrote:It's Dean Wallis
OMG...he use to coach with us didn't he....this is HUGE.....HUGE I'm telling you. The media will be all over us.....

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.