if we won more games

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

if we won more games

If we had won another three games, we would have finished 5th, and played our first elimination final against Essendon.

If we had won an extra five or six games, we would have finished 4th and played Collingwood.

But alas, we finished 6th, and we get a home game against the Swannies. Bummer....

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: if we won more games

Toy Saint wrote:If we had won another three games, we would have finished 5th, and played our first elimination final against Essendon.

If we had won an extra five or six games, we would have finished 4th and played Collingwood.

But alas, we finished 6th, and we get a home game against the Swannies. Bummer....
Yep. that's how I see it. We were never going to finish 4th so I reckon it's worked out very well for us.

Now, Swans will not be easy. It's a toss of the coin job IMO.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Toss of the coin in Sydney at Etihad we have a fair advantage..hope I am right ;-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Considering where were mid season, we couldn't have asked for a better finish to the home & away season.

The Swans are a bloody pest. Two weeks ago was proof of that. Not only that, they play Docklands very well. It seems the play the game in a very similar fashion to what we do.

It'll most like be one very fugly game of football. A bit like chess on an oval board.

Gosh, I still have the odd nightmare over the '05 Preliminary Final :(

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Considering where were mid season, we couldn't have asked for a better finish to the home & away season.

The Swans are a bloody pest. Two weeks ago was proof of that. Not only that, they play Docklands very well. It seems the play the game in a very similar fashion to what we do.

It'll most like be one very fugly game of football. A bit like chess on an oval board.

Gosh, I still have the odd nightmare over the '05 Preliminary Final :(

Not alone with that nightmare.. I have nightmares about 71 and 97 !!! ;-/

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.