Josh Kennedy to be DEMPSTERED? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Josh Kennedy to be DEMPSTERED? !!

Kennedy has played a key role in Sydney's clearances & stoppages this year. I'd like to see him DEMPSTERED tomorrow night.

FWIW I'd put Sam Fisher on Goodes. Then it doesn't matter if Goodes plays Forward or Midfield !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Josh Kennedy to be DEMPSTERED? !!

Eastern wrote:FWIW I'd put Sam Fisher on Goodes. Then it doesn't matter if Goodes plays Forward or Midfield !!
Goodes gave him a bit of a touch up last time. Very good player in very good form. Will be interesting to see who gets the job on him.

Would Dempster be able to Dempster him?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Eastern wrote:FWIW I'd put Sam Fisher on Goodes. Then it doesn't matter if Goodes plays Forward or Midfield !!
Goodes gave him a bit of a touch up last time. Very good player in very good form. Will be interesting to see who gets the job on him.

We only have ONE Dempster. Goodes or Kennedy? Good question !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Anyone but Fisher to Goodes please...cost us last time. Fisher had zero influence, Goodes had a field day...a lose/lose situation.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I don't think that Dempster has the bulk to compete with Goodes.

Ross released Fisher from Goodes in the last quarter, last time - won't be able to do this tomorrow night!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Junction Oval wrote:I don't think that Dempster has the bulk to compete with Goodes.
Blake?

Might have to whack Rooey on him.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Is it about being honest about how good he is, and perhaps shifting the load at some point?

There is also Gilbert, but I'd be reluctant as he has started to look like his form is turning a corner lately.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Or OKeefe again? Cant underestimate him and the damage he can do. Would rather keep him quiet then Kennedy. Maybe Polo gets Kennedy?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I remember Blake smashing Goodes about 5 years ago, I think it was a final, or it was toward the end of a season when Goodes was playing ruck/ruckrover. He is a great match up for him but whether Jase is up to it these days is a question I don't know the answer to.

Didn't Fisher get moved off Goodes in the last quarter at ANZ? Thats when Goodes really smashed us. I agree that to quell Goodes with Fisher means that we lose more that gain as Fisher is too important to us to play lockdown, but it may have to be done as he is pretty much Sydney's barometer.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think Dempster's best option would be on O'Keefe, they match up pretty well and ROK can be a match winner on his day or Jarred McVeigh who is he outside runner who fits the file of somebody who Dempster loves to shut down.

The problem with Goodes is that if you are going to go completely negative on him you need to concentrate for 120 minutes non stop, just a tiny lapse in concentration and he can hurt you the other way. We need somebody who can shut him down but also make Goodes worry about him when we're in attack.

I also don't think that Dempster is particularly suited for tagging the inside midfielders, you only really want blokes in the middle if they can tackle and win the hard ball, I think he would just get in the way.

For mine I would go...

Dempster on O'Keefe or McVeigh

Gilbert on Goodes (Gilbert needs to be instructed to try and hurt him the other way.)

Sam Fisher on Reid (He needs to use his experience and really run off the youngster)

Zac Dawson on Spangher (Spangher has been a bit of a revealation for the swans lately. If Dawson can keep him quiet he's played his role.)

Clinton Jones on Josh Kennedy

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
bennymac5
Club Player

Goddard to Goodes. Can go with him anywhere, will makes Goodes worry about him and if he shut him down I would back our midfield without goddard to beat theirs without goodes.

ando051
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:
Eastern wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Or OKeefe again? Cant underestimate him and the damage he can do. Would rather keep him quiet then Kennedy. Maybe Polo gets Kennedy?
Well done. Stkildathunda getting a mention in today's HS on page 76 in the sport confidential section about "Dempstered". Also nice haircut Chips

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:I remember Blake smashing Goodes about 5 years ago, I think it was a final, or it was toward the end of a season when Goodes was playing ruck/ruckrover. He is a great match up for him but whether Jase is up to it these days is a question I don't know the answer to.

Didn't Fisher get moved off Goodes in the last quarter at ANZ? Thats when Goodes really smashed us. I agree that to quell Goodes with Fisher means that we lose more that gain as Fisher is too important to us to play lockdown, but it may have to be done as he is pretty much Sydney's barometer.
It was a semi final in 2004.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

ando051 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
Eastern wrote:
bigcarl wrote:

Well done. Stkildathunda getting a mention in today's HS on page 76 in the sport confidential section about "Dempstered". Also nice haircut Chips
Am I.. I dont buy the HS... May have to go buy it now so i can see

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see a double Dempstering tonight.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:I'd like to see a double Dempstering tonight.
A couple of years ago we had one too many Dempsters.

Now we haven't got enough of em.

Ain't Footy great!

Go Seanny :D

Badlands
Club Player

Think i'm possibly in the minority but i wouldn't mind seeing gilbo go to Goodes.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.