Buddy might be injured...from Cats game..fractured tibia?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Well we're due some luck.

Never good to see good players go down injured though.

Let's win tomorrow or or the gloating will be a little premature.

Austinnn
Club Player

Hate seeing anyone get badly injured.

Hawks can play well without their stars, will be less predictable and the replacement will relish his chance to show his wares.

We have still to beat Sydney first, that's going to be tough.

Let's n....

what was that?

Did you guys just hear that noise?

Is that... is that DESTINY calling?

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
StevieSaint
Club Player

They said on the radio that Buddy had been given crutches in the room and he looks shattered.

GO SAINTS GO
mullet
Saintsational Legend

Did I just hear correctly. Maxwell talking about his thumb and the commentators saying that the opposition will no doubt target that thumb? Will they get weeks like Bakes did

mullet
Saintsational Legend

And herald sun reporting that Lewis may be booked for bump on Selwood

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Hate seeing anyone get badly injured.

Hawks can play well without their stars, will be less predictable and the replacement will relish his chance to show his wares.

Let's n....

what was that?

If it is in fact destiny calling, and if we somehow manage to beat the odds and win that elusive 2nd flag.....

.....Will the Saints 2011 Pre Season become the blueprint for all clubs in the future? :shock:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I am getting ready for the Sydney Swans to come out tomorrow SO fired up and ready to play for their season, and those Sainters to come out SO fired up and ready to play for their season! ONE MATCH AT A TIME!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Austinnn
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Let's n....

what was that?

If it is in fact destiny calling, and if we somehow manage to beat the odds and win that elusive 2nd flag.....

.....Will the Saints 2011 Pre Season become the blueprint for all clubs in the future? :shock:
Herald Sun October 2012:

Collingwood President Eddie McGuire proudly presented the Magpies 2013 schoolgirl to the waiting media this afternoon. Ms Dummie said that she's "looking forward to working with the boys" and hopes to secure "that elusive 2nd premiership" this century.

"Reports in the Age that this girl is over 18 are absolute rubbish" a clearly irritated McGuire stated, "and I can assure you all that contrary to some reports, she IS as mentally unstable as she looks."

In other news, the Collingwood Football Club announce that Travis Cloke will be getting his take away fish and chips from Magpies Pie Shop on Smith Street at 7pm Thursday night, if any members of the public want to come along and give him some s***.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
matrix
Saintsational Legend

shesh thats bad for buddy
id rather see him play and have a blinder, but we still win
Last edited by matrix on Sat 10 Sep 2011 12:29am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Franklin - wont play
Hodge - should play
Bailey - 50/50
Lewis - could get suspended due to poor record but unlikely

HOWEVER, we must first WIN against Sydney

Sainter for life.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Let's n.... 

what was that?

.....Will the Saints 2011 Pre Season become the blueprint for all clubs in the future?  :shock:
Herald Sun October 2012:

Collingwood President Eddie McGuire proudly presented the Magpies 2013 schoolgirl to the waiting media this afternoon. Ms Dummie said that she's "looking forward to working with the boys" and hopes to secure "that elusive 2nd premiership" this century. 

"Reports in the Age that this girl is over 18 are absolute rubbish" a clearly irritated McGuire stated, "and I can assure you all that contrary to some reports, she IS as mentally unstable as she looks."

In other news, the Collingwood Football Club announce that Travis Cloke will be getting his take away fish and chips from Magpies Pie Shop on Smith Street at 7pm Thursday night, if any members of the public want to come along and give him some s***.
:lol:

jays
Club Player

poor guy

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I still remember quite clearly the hit and smirk that Buddy did on Harvey in the 08 Prelim. Bit of karma I reckon. Who cares about the opposition players. Nobody gives us any sympathy when one of our stars go down! Stuff em, I agree.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Buddy did nothing in the 2008 Prelim and they still smashed us. IF we get past Sydney, Hawthorn will not be a pushover.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Buddy did nothing in the 2008 Prelim and they still smashed us. IF we get past Sydney, Hawthorn will not be a pushover.
I heard on the telecast that Hawthorn only had about 10 players from the 08 Grand Final team to the one last night. In saying that, they will not be a pushover if we were to meet them next week.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Andy Maher's missus not happy

Leo.J
SS Life Member

mullet wrote:And herald sun reporting that Lewis may be booked for bump on Selwood
I'd be suprised, didn't appear to be any contact to the head...

Good bump imo, just a bit late.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like it may not be as serious as first thought, maybe only jarring, however, lets hope it is no more than a one to two week injury.

Hate seeing anyone do their knee seriously.

We have to get around another Buddy like player tonight - Adam Goodes.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I think the Hawks are very Buddy conscious, as well are the teams playing against them. This would help even it up a bit. The Hawks are still dangerous, but now more gettable. Tonight first I agree, that's the biggest hurdle.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saint tash
Club Player

mullet wrote:Did I just hear correctly. Maxwell talking about his thumb and the commentators saying that the opposition will no doubt target that thumb? Will they get weeks like Bakes did
Yeah that was guess who??? Harley again. U wanna talk biased, have a listen to this chump.

Oh when the saints go charging in!
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I made the point last week, the weather could work in our favour with our final being the only one under a roof. (Now we just have to win it.)

Franklin won't play next week, Bailey will struggle, Hodge is carrying a thigh injury and Rioli is on one leg. The team who plays them next week goes in with a huge advantage. You need predictability in finals, Hodge and Franklin are two of the Hawks' biggest gamebreakers, and I thought their youngsters looked shaky on the big stage.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saint tash wrote:
mullet wrote:Did I just hear correctly. Maxwell talking about his thumb and the commentators saying that the opposition will no doubt target that thumb? Will they get weeks like Bakes did
Yeah that was guess who??? Harley again. U wanna talk biased, have a listen to this chump.
I am disappointed if it was Harley, was listening but not watching. I actually quite like Tom and think he is very unbiased in his opinions. I am surprised that they would say that a player would target an injured player considering the consequences.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:I made the point last week, the weather could work in our favour with our final being the only one under a roof. (Now we just have to win it.)

Franklin won't play next week, Bailey will struggle, Hodge is carrying a thigh injury and Rioli is on one leg. The team who plays them next week goes in with a huge advantage. You need predictability in finals, Hodge and Franklin are two of the Hawks' biggest gamebreakers, and I thought their youngsters looked shaky on the big stage.
Would have to now question the decision to rest players the week before the finals. Geelong were full strength and up and running last week. Hawthorn rested players and I think they are all the ones that got injured. Perhaps resting players about 4 or 5 weeks out would be a better option.

ando051
Club Player

Don't like to see players go down with major injuries, Buddy injury was just one of those things. Same with Menzel for Geelong not much in it. In the current game the players are so finely tuned everything goes ping, there is no give anymore.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Austinnn wrote:In other news, the Collingwood Football Club announce that Travis Cloke will be getting his take away fish and chips from Magpies Pie Shop on Smith Street at 7pm Thursday night, if any members of the public want to come along and give him some s***.
Salad, not chips I hope, and you can be sure the fish is grilled, not fried. :wink:

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."