Raph has to go...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

Must go, simply.

Pelchen will cut him.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Jones Gilbert Gram and Ray all have pathetic disposal. We cant afford to keep all of them in the team or on the list. I would play Raph before any of them. At least5 his courage has never been questioned.

Middo
Club Player

Re: Raph has to go...

sRaf wrote:
Captain Impossible wrote:He made so many bad decisions tonight and cost us badly. No awareness, no speed and poor skills.
This can be applied to half the side tonight. Let's not single out one player.

I thought he did okay. We always ignore the good and highlight the not so good.
Was our worst player by far tonight , good last week shocking tonight .
Featured in 4/5 goals to the Swans , the throw just after half time summed up his night...had enough of people saying how does this guy get a game and mates texting me during the game with the smiley face... Bye Raph .

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Captain Impossible
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
StNoodles wrote:
Captain Impossible wrote:
StNoodles wrote:F*** off d**khead.
Thanks for the insightful analysis. And poor spelling.
Mate, I'll PM with you with impeccable spelling if that's what you're after.

The response was exactly what the original sentiment deserved.
Agree. Maybe we should call the poster Captain Wanker. Might be more appropriate.
Yea, you're right, let's just start calling each other names. Go support Collingwood, you're their kind of supporter.

Difficult decisions need to be made and blind faith results in poor performances, poor results and a poor team. Take a swig of reality buddy.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

Quixote wrote: I like the guy. Heart of a champion. Skills of a goat.
that just about sums it up perfectly.

we have a lot of feel good stories, but not a lot of talent.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
bozza1980
Club Player

I'm almost hoping we delist him so this witch hunt can end.

I really don't remember a player that has been as unfairly maligned as Raph.

Ah well, as he is one of our best 22, we can look forward to another year of "Raph must go threads" each time we lose.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Captain Impossible
Club Player

bozza1980 wrote:I'm almost hoping we delist him so this witch hunt can end.

I really don't remember a player that has been as unfairly maligned as Raph.

Ah well, as he is one of our best 22, we can look forward to another year of "Raph must go threads" each time we lose.
Best 22? Are you serious? So why didn't he get a game when James Gwilt was playing? Because Gwilt IS BETTER. Raph Clarke is not in our best 22.

Go sponsor guide dog if you're looking for a charity case.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Ok

We can defend him by saying others plaued bad too....so he has an excuse

Or we can look at the 8-10 stuff ups he actually made....his decision making and confidence levels are two inconsistent

Last week he was great....tonight appauling
What are the 8-10 stuff ups?
Are you including the mark he took before Chips smashed him and the handball he got away when the ump guessed holding the ball?

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Been shown up many times, does have a good game or 2, but not as many as he does poor, won't take us to the next level, should go, along with a few others. Must say Ray has been disappointing lately.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
ttufc7
Club Player

I have been a Raph sympathizer from the start I've always felt bad for him. How is a player supposed to grow in confidence when everytime he gets his hands on the football there is an audible groan from the crowd. But tonight I finally ran out of patience. No other player in the AFL gets run down rebounding out of the defensive 50 more than Raph. His decision making process seems to be much too slow to keep up with the pace of AFL football.

Captain Impossible
Club Player

ttufc7 wrote:I have been a Raph sympathizer from the start I've always felt bad for him. How is a player supposed to grow in confidence when everytime he gets his hands on the football there is an audible groan from the crowd. But tonight I finally ran out of patience. No other player in the AFL gets run down rebounding out of the defensive 50 more than Raph. His decision making process seems to be much too slow to keep up with the pace of AFL football.
Xavier was ten times better. Bad injuries robbed him of a brilliant career.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Captain Impossible wrote:I'm sure I'll be slammed for this post but the reality is that he's just not good enough. He made so many bad decisions tonight and cost us badly. No awareness, no speed and poor skills. I wish him well but his place in the side can not be justifed any longer.

Well done on recovering from a shocking start, but we're no longer a force. Time to rebuild.
Correction - it is time for YOU to go.

Normally, I would call you "Captain Obvious", but on this occaision I am going to call you a cab.

Adios!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Captain Impossible
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
Captain Impossible wrote:I'm sure I'll be slammed for this post but the reality is that he's just not good enough. He made so many bad decisions tonight and cost us badly. No awareness, no speed and poor skills. I wish him well but his place in the side can not be justifed any longer.

Well done on recovering from a shocking start, but we're no longer a force. Time to rebuild.
Correction - it is time for YOU to go.

Normally, I would call you "Captain Obvious", but on this occaision I am going to call you a cab.

Adios!
So tell me, my learned friend, other than your abilty to call 13cabs, why should Raph be in our best 22? Lots of tip but no iceberg. Seriously, if you're going to post, back it up. 'Normally', I would call you a moron, but please justify your comments?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I have read some stupid posts in my time but geez this thread is close to the tops

there would be half a dozen players worse than Raph in this team... didn't have a great game last night but is a good player

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Reckon Yarran got caught more times than Raph today, trying to achieve the same thing, but his team won I guess?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Raph will frustrate forever. The question is whether he is worth keeping on for the mixd bag he gives, and by extension would his replacement be any better.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yup does nothing
never has a one percenter
never puts in an effort and puts his body on the line
doesnt run any lines AT ALL

in fact he needs to be whacked with a spade

unreal
i so hope he stays
is def good enough imo

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Raph has allot of good atributes but for some reason they don't all work at the same time , would like to know if he could be changed , if he played a different roll , like Guerra . At the saints and port he was a Forward/mid-fielder . Hawks picked him up and made him into a good attacking half back.
would hate to see raph traded to a new club , given a different roll , then suddenly it all clicks and he becomes a consistantly good player .

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Always been a Raph fan though I can understand why he frustrates some supporters.

If those at the club think he's got a part to play in 2012 he'll stay. If they don't he'll go.

Really quite simple. Doesn't matter what any of us think.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:I'm almost hoping we delist him so this witch hunt can end.
Yup agreed.

I suppose we alawy have young Nicholas Winmar to scapegoat next year

:roll:

And if people think I am using the race card.

YOU AR DAMNED FKN TOOTIN I am.

It has been a witch hunt on Raph from the start, and the critisism by some has much more to do than hi s ability.

He got caught at least twice last night because he had SFA to kicki too. Stupid halfwits who only ball watch wouldn't have a clue on the zone 20-70 metres up the field.

Raph was poor last night, no doubt, nut so was Roo, Kosi, GIlbert, Zac, Polo, Schneider and a host of others.

Where is the hatefilled diatribes against them?

A disgrace.

Raph, just retire, or leave. These so called supporters will never accept you.

Nicholas Winmar, you better go as well, you'll be next.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I sat near a St Kilda fellow last night who just bagged Raph at every opportunity.

Sad thing is, his two kids, young girls, also were getting stuck into him. Get Raph off, etc, etc.

They wouldn't know any better than what they've heard from their racist, pig ignorant father.

Raph made some blues last night, but at least he touched it a few times ... unlike a few I could name.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 11 Sep 2011 9:57pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I sat near a St Kilda fellow last night who just bagged Raph at every opportunity.

Sad thing is, his two kids, young girls, also were getting stuck into him. Get Raph off, etc, etc.

Not a good role model.
Did they have their white hoods with them?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:I sat near a St Kilda fellow last night who just bagged Raph at every opportunity.

Not a good role model.
People who bag Raph, KKK. Quite pathetic to imply that.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I was surrounded about them, aisle 36 :(

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Not a good role model.
I reckon there is a racist element to some people's dislike of Raph, but am I allowed to criticise him without being labelled a racist?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs