Are We Happy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

NoMore
Club Player

Are We Happy

Just from reading the posts on this site it seems many people on here are quite happy with the way the season finished. They are also happy to blame the last loss on a few guys who are paid stuff all compared to some over paid team mates.

They are also happy with the way the club treats it supporters.

I thought Dal and Gam were the only 2 of our highly paid players who did a good job on saturday night.

Kosi was good for where he has come from over the last 2 years.
McEnvoy was great.
Blake was very good and if we don't take him on again i reckon a club like hawthorn would do much worse than to offer him 2 years to play as a key back
Roo was pathetic. Watching him makes me want to throw up. He doesn't compete and he can't kick. Bring lenny back and make him captain. I think we should nickname him the trampoline because everytime the ball gets near him it rebounds at twice the speed.
Joey couldn't hit the side of a barn
Geary. How bad are our young guys if he keeps getting a game
Clarke and Dawson did ok i thought. Clarke especially was really good in the first half rebounding and playing on the red head.
Sam Fisher was coached out of the game by our own coach
Milne and Schnieder were both good
Armo is going nowhere. We are so limited on midfielders and we are teaching a midfielder to play on a hff
Jones good but disposal is terrible but we know that.

I for one was not happy with the way the season finished. This always next year stuff is just bulls***. If Baker can't get a game as a send off ahead of Geary i'll be damned. Then to have RL treat a great of the club with that sort of disrespect is a disgrace.

Good on you Jason you were the only guy with enough courage to come out and face the media when your little chioldren team mates were sulking or planning to get pissed.

The stkilda football club is fast running out of credits with many of its supporters

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well go off and support someone else then.

You sound like the biggest sook of them all.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spert
Saintsational Legend

Touchy lot, looks like the old St Kilda trait of tolerating close-enough is still alive and kicking.

NoMore
Club Player

spert wrote:Touchy lot, looks like the old St Kilda trait of tolerating close-enough is still alive and kicking.
This is my point it seems to me we are not angry about the way this season went. How can we not be.

We have been 2 kicks off being back to back premiers and now we are happy to be knocked out in round 1 by a bunch of plodders.

But we tried hard
wot a load of crap

degruch
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:
spert wrote:Touchy lot, looks like the old St Kilda trait of tolerating close-enough is still alive and kicking.
This is my point it seems to me we are not angry about the way this season went. How can we not be.

We have been 2 kicks off being back to back premiers and now we are happy to be knocked out in round 1 by a bunch of plodders.

But we tried hard
wot a load of crap
Probably tired of it...like the team (who successfully defeated themselves)...give it a week.

ThePunter
Club Player

Can't see the world in just black and white...

From the start of the season, I'm very unhappy with where we finished up.

From the start of Saturday's match, I'm very unhappy with where we finished up.

From the end of the Hawthorn match, I'm pretty happy with where we finished up.

We have plenty of work to do, and I feel we've turned a corner in terms of gameplan and personnel getting a game. It would have been lovely to play more first and second year players in the second half of the year, but unfortunately they got injured. Cripps and Ledger were not dropped, and Siposs was due for a break then got injured. All will be available and kicking on next year.

We'll turnover a good number of players, get some talent in and promote some existing talent.

I don't think any St Kilda supporters are satisfied. A premiership will do that and nothing else. But that doesn't mean we cannot see something and accurately identify it, and it was a good effort to get into the finals from where we were, both on the ladder and how we were playing, in Round 8. It's also fair to acknowledge the really good patch we've had in the last 9 seasons.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are We Happy

NoMore wrote:I for one was not happy with the way the season finished. This always next year stuff is just bulls***. If Baker can't get a game as a send off ahead of Geary i'll be damned. Then to have RL treat a great of the club with that sort of disrespect is a disgrace.

Good on you Jason you were the only guy with enough courage to come out and face the media when your little chioldren team mates were sulking or planning to get pissed.
I am not happy with how the season finished and given the players reaction after the game- unable to express themselves to media... then I'm certain they aren't either. Not everyone is as able as Jason- which is why I actually hope he sticks around....and helps to develop that amongst the new saints

I love Bakes for his committment and endeavour to the saints But why would it be a farewell game when the TEAM and club were not expecting it to be the last game of the year... I trust he will be able to committ to a match recognition- as Max did..and look forward to thanking him at the B&F.
and as someone else said Unless you know exactly how things transpired in the rooms saturday it appears to be a slip in wording more than a deliberate attempt to diminish service.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
NoMore
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:
NoMore wrote:I for one was not happy with the way the season finished. This always next year stuff is just bulls***. If Baker can't get a game as a send off ahead of Geary i'll be damned. Then to have RL treat a great of the club with that sort of disrespect is a disgrace.

I am not happy with how the season finished and given the players reaction after the game- unable to express themselves to media... then I'm certain they aren't either. Not everyone is as able as Jason- which is why I actually hope he sticks around....and helps to develop that amongst the new saints

A slip in wording. I love Bakes for his committment and endeavour to the saints But why would it be a farewell game when the TEAM and club were not expecting it to be the last game of the year... I trust he will be able to committ to a match recognition- as Max did..and look forward to thanking him at the B&F.
and as someone else said Unless you know exactly how things transpired in the rooms saturday it appears to be a slip in wording more than a deliberate attempt to diminish service.
That has to be the funniest thing i have ever heard

He says they retired when they were actually sacked.

It is just another PR disaster for the St kilda football club

Sometimes it is like they are run by Half wits
Last edited by NoMore on Mon 12 Sep 2011 4:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Yes there are many half wits around.

Sainterman
Club Player

NoMore wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

A slip in wording. I love Bakes for his committment and endeavour to the saints But why would it be a farewell game when the TEAM and club were not expecting it to be the last game of the year... I trust he will be able to committ to a match recognition- as Max did..and look forward to thanking him at the B&F.

A disaster? Run by half-wits? Seriously?

Bakes doesn't seem too cut up about it, just a few bitter posters on here.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
NoMore wrote:
saintbrat wrote:

A disaster? Run by half-wits? Seriously?

Bakes doesn't seem too cut up about it, just a few bitter posters on here.
Some people can only dream of being a half wit :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yep. I'm happy. Happy that the season is over. I'm glad we didn't win on Saturday. It would have been a false dawn. At least it's a reality check and hopefully the club will make good some decisions and do what is required to get us back up there again.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Yep. I'm happy. Happy that the season is over. I'm glad we didn't win on Saturday. It would have been a false dawn. At least it's a reality check and hopefully the club will make good some decisions and do what is required to get us back up there again.
Mate, tell me you having a lend saying you're glad we didn't win on Saturday.

If you're serious then F$)k off you're a wanker, go support Richmond with that attitude.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm not happy that some people jump on here, sling s*** and think that by puffing their chest with a few angry keystrokes the world will somehow be a better place.

Pretty rotten year.

I've been through worse.

You can't win all the time. No one does. Would have loved a flag. Could EASILY have had two for well publicised reasons.

Didn't happen. Bleating like a four year old doesn't change that.

As for the entirely lame attack on our skipper in the OP.... Roo was CLEARLY playing hurt and has been all year. Any idiot could surely see that. If it's a selection issue, then take issue with it. Playing the man is just weak.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:

But we tried hard
wot a load of crap
Agree

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Yep. I'm happy. Happy that the season is over. I'm glad we didn't win on Saturday. It would have been a false dawn. At least it's a reality check and hopefully the club will make good some decisions and do what is required to get us back up there again.

If you're serious then F$)k off you're a wanker, go support Richmond with that attitude.
:)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Gee I hope the club can turn things around for you NoMore, I'd hate to think we could lose you as a fan. Sounds like you have a lot more passion than the players who couldn't care less right?

You can't make the Grand Final every year,
Yes we will probably pay for topping up to try and get a flag, we didn't get one…

It's football, grow up, go punch a wall and have a cry… seeing as you're hurting more than everyone else…

B.T.W. What game were you watching anyway? Raph was easily the worst on the ground in the first half, Geary played just over a quarter so why have a go at him? Here's a tip - Riewoldt & Montagna were both injured, not just hanging back wait for their holidays…

We made the 8 against all odds and looked completely stuffed when we got there, that was our year… it's done.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I think the year is a failure, which has come about from

Plain bad luck (Gilbo running into the insane groupie bitch and Lenny's injury)
Stupidity (NZ)
A shocking lack of foresight (wasting numerous draft picks on recycled hacks over the past 5-6 years)
And an incredibly stubborn display from the coaches (sticking with the same role players for far too long and being afraid to take a risk)

In the pre season we were hearing all these good things about Walsh, Ledger, Simpkin, Steven, Cripps etc and we see a team consisting of McQualter, Baker, Gamble, Peake, Clarke, Jones and Gram named in round 1. Not surprisingly, we had the same old problems (terrible skills and decision making, no forward structure) that dogged us all year. The kids were all brought in for a game or two to please the masses during the worst part of the year but they were never considered an actual part of the team.

This year wasn't acceptable and there have to be major changes to make the team competitive with the best again. If that can't be achieved in 2012 then we're in for a 4-5 year rebuild.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

I wanted to win on the night. The post asked if we were happy and given that we didn't win, and it's history, I have decided to deal with it this way. We were not good enough and a win would have covered over the cracks and delayed the inevitable. It's not right or wrong and it's just an opinion pal. :roll:

At least I didn't unnecessarily abuse anyone. Keep your abuse to yourself and put it where the sun don’t shine.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

:)
Same goes for you dooley.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Just from reading the posts on this site it seems many people on here are quite happy with the way the season finished. They are also happy to blame the last loss on a few guys who are paid stuff all compared to some over paid team mates.

They are also happy with the way the club treats it supporters.

I thought Dal and Gam were the only 2 of our highly paid players who did a good job on saturday night.

Kosi was good for where he has come from over the last 2 years.
McEnvoy was great.
Blake was very good and if we don't take him on again i reckon a club like hawthorn would do much worse than to offer him 2 years to play as a key back
Roo was pathetic. Watching him makes me want to throw up. He doesn't compete and he can't kick. Bring lenny back and make him captain. I think we should nickname him the trampoline because everytime the ball gets near him it rebounds at twice the speed.
Joey couldn't hit the side of a barn
Geary. How bad are our young guys if he keeps getting a game
Clarke and Dawson did ok i thought. Clarke especially was really good in the first half rebounding and playing on the red head.
Sam Fisher was coached out of the game by our own coach
Milne and Schnieder were both good
Armo is going nowhere. We are so limited on midfielders and we are teaching a midfielder to play on a hff
Jones good but disposal is terrible but we know that.

I for one was not happy with the way the season finished. This always next year stuff is just bulls***. If Baker can't get a game as a send off ahead of Geary i'll be damned. Then to have RL treat a great of the club with that sort of disrespect is a disgrace.

The stkilda football club is fast running out of credits with many of its supporters
I'm happy to read your assessment and I agree with most of it.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
NoMore
Club Player

Did Roo play on Saturday night?
Yes

Did he put the required effort in for someone on his salary and his status?
No

Has he been good at all this year?
No

I have watched Wayne Carey play with 2 arms he couldn't get over his head coz his shoulders were so bad and he still tore teams apart. Roo cannot hold his ground. Cannot out muscle an opponent and most importantly his kicking is a laughing stock. It is forseeable that lanother year like that could see him done.

Oh and by the way how dare i be angry about wasting money on the crap they produced on saturday night

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Did Roo play on Saturday night?
Yes

No

No

I have watched Wayne Carey play with 2 arms he couldn't get over his head coz his shoulders were so bad and he still tore teams apart. Roo cannot hold his ground. Cannot out muscle an opponent and most importantly his kicking is a laughing stock. It is forseeable that lanother year like that could see him done.

Oh and by the way how dare i be angry about wasting money on the crap they produced on saturday night
Welcome back!

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

i'm a saints fan for life. happy to be. through thick and thin. forever.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
dragit
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Did Roo play on Saturday night?
Yes

No

No

You're entitled to feel whatever you like, but this thread begins by suggesting that most of us are happy with the game and our exit on Saturday…
I haven't heard one person suggest that Roo had a good game or season for that matter, he has been well below his best, but I personally don't think it's from lack of effort, obviously you do… fine…
You go ahead and let a football match affect you to the point of anger 2 days later, but don't expect everyone else to sulk and expect their money back after a poor game…

We aren't the best side anymore…

We're all disappointed mate, but no where near as much as the players themselves…

Were you really expecting us to go one better this year?