Here we go

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Via his management plugger.....confirmed

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Via his management plugger.....confirmed
So they interviewed the management.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Disappointed Plugger? No more drama for the night.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:What was said and who said it?
Ch 10 said something like Lyon's management informed St Kilda today that RL was confirmed for next year - apparently any extentions beyond 2012 were to be sorted out later....
So a reporter said it. Confused why we believe that but not someone who says he is going. Lets face it we still have no idea. I still think he will stay. No reason for it though and certainly not a reporter on channel 10 telling us that crap.
I'm not sure whether the reporter said St Kilda had confirmed this latest development. So yes until the club makes a statement, we don't Really know for sure. Didn't say I necessarily believed it, but he sounded quite confident.

Hold your ground :shock:
alex_quick

so its official? RL is staying for at least another season? shocking news for us saints fans. ross has been poor at bringing talent into the team and he has wasted our chance to win a premiership, the window has finally closed..

i can't understand why you are all so happy we have kept his hack to continue to steer us in the wrong direction for another 12 months.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Disappointed Plugger? No more drama for the night.
Maybe you have not read what I have written over the last month. What I have read though is some stuff written by you which is now embarrassing since he is apparently staying.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

alex_quick wrote:so its official? RL is staying for at least another season? shocking news for us saints fans. ross has been poor at bringing talent into the team and he has wasted our chance to win a premiership, the window has finally closed..

i can't understand why you are all so happy we have kept his hack to continue to steer us in the wrong direction for another 12 months.
f*** off troll

I love this club
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

alex_quick wrote:so its official? RL is staying for at least another season? shocking news for us saints fans. ross has been poor at bringing talent into the team and he has wasted our chance to win a premiership, the window has finally closed..

Your comments and your avatar say plenty about your opinion and level of understanding.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention all that long.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
dragit
Saintsational Legend

You are one strange unit…
alex_quick wrote:my opinion of ross has been wanning recently after a disappointing season but the news of his signing has changed my mind. with the abletts and scullys of the world being easily bought out its fantastic that ross has taken a stand. what a boost this would be to the players, i think it shows the league that we're serious business in 2012!

alex_quick

yeah sorry about the contradiction there guys. i have had mixed reactions to the contract extension of ross. on the way hand i think its a genuine win for football, in my opinion the integrity of the AFL has taken a hit with all the cash being thrown around recently. however on the other hand i'm still anxious about our aging squad and lack of youth development. if ross starts to play more kids then he will have my full support.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Quality person....was not an easy decision. Well done Ross, thought it through and stuck with it. Will only help him work his message with the players going forward.

Good news!!
the thought of 5 million over 5 years compared to say 3 years at 500k - 700k would have been a very hard decison. a decision that actually did not take long. an honest person. what he said was true. that he waited until the end of the season ansd then would look at it.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Told you!!

3 year deal about to be pencilled leaving him at the club for 4 years as I have always said

#1 Ryder fan
alex_quick

smug prick malthouse could learn a lot about class from our ross :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Told you!!

3 year deal about to be pencilled leaving him at the club for 4 years as I have always said
The first i told you. Weel done. I also told you but I am later so you beat me.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I have been singing the same song for the past month amongst all the hysteria - you got a problem with that?

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have been singing the same song for the past month amongst all the hysteria - you got a problem with that?
Got no problem at all. Great guess. Certainly better than most on here.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Classic - so obvious that Plug66 is having extreme trouble handling the fact that someone else has had access to information that was not forthcoming from his own Saints contacts.

Just because you had NO idea what was going down Plug doesn't mean that when someone else gets it right then it had to be a "great guess"

Great work MC!!

Extremely poor form Plug66!!

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Megsie
Club Player

GREAT NEWS.

Good on you Ross.

Ross has experienced a personal tragedy in the past year along with much
unfulfilled achievements. Our boys can learn so much from Ross & the way
he lives his life.

Ross of all people knows money doesn't bring the things we value most in
our lives..............health & happiness. That comes from mentally tough
unrelenting hard work.

The saints have unfinished business.

GO SAINTS.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Classic - so obvious that Plug66 is having extreme trouble handling the fact that someone else has had access to information that was not forthcoming from his own Saints contacts.

Just because you had NO idea what was going down Plug doesn't mean that when someone else gets it right then it had to be a "great guess"

Great work MC!!

Yes I had no idea and I reckon no one else on here did either unless they are related to RL or work in his management. And if he did great. Should hear some more stuff this year. Should be good to hear. I am really sorry for my poor form. I may start crying if others have a go at me.

Just one question what about all the others who said they know he is going. They obviously were lying. Now that is really poor form. Why dont you get on you high horse with them?

linz
Club Player

Megsie wrote:GREAT NEWS.

Good on you Ross.

Ross has experienced a personal tragedy in the past year along with much
unfulfilled achievements. Our boys can learn so much from Ross & the way
he lives his life.

Ross of all people knows money doesn't bring the things we value most in
our lives..............health & happiness. That comes from mentally tough
unrelenting hard work.

The saints have unfinished business.

GO SAINTS.
Well said Megsie. A great coupe for the club and a great example set by our coach to our players. There's more to football than $. He probably would have set himself up for life by taking the rumored Melbourne offer Hopefully he has 4 years to re-ignite our list and get the job done. I'm proud to be a Saint supporter tonight.
Strength through Loyalty.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Devilhead wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Great work MC!!

Yes I had no idea and I reckon no one else on here did either unless they are related to RL or work in his management. And if he did great. Should hear some more stuff this year. Should be good to hear. I am really sorry for my poor form. I may start crying if others have a go at me.

Just one question what about all the others who said they know he is going. They obviously were lying. Now that is really poor form. Why dont you get on you high horse with them?
flogs.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Was never a guess
You come across as a condescending know it all who just hangs around trying to bait people and waiting to pounce as soon as you see an opening...all it seems in an attempt of provocation. It must be asked...why bother?

#1 Ryder fan