The near future

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

The near future

I believe that this club should be checking out some of the Gold Coast players next year.
A lot of them will be out of contract like Scully, and we should look at trying to snare one or two because there is bound to be a few who would like to come back to Melbourne.
We should be in a position to welcome them back.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
alex_quick

good thinking! anyone in particular you would like to see sign for us? harley bennell has had his incidences this season but he has so much potential i think we could see past these! although its rumoured he is home sick for a move back to WA.

Ajer
Club Player

I reckon we should target some tall type players who can ruck and also play forward. We have McEvoy, but i think he needs some help. We should target guys like Mitch Clarke, Shaun Hampson or Todd Goldstein. Don't just look at Gold Coast guys.

Maybe we look at Nathan Ablett too, he was recently sacked from the Suns and is a premiership player. I hear he is keen on a return home so let move heaven and highwater to get him in.

shmic_s
Club Player

Will be interesting. The delisted players this year could be worth a look too.

No hope of Bennell though IMO.
They won't let him go cheaply and if he did leave it would be to go home to WA. He has fantastic pace and skills aren't bad. Exciting player.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:Will be interesting. The delisted players this year could be worth a look too.

No hope of Bennell though IMO.
They won't let him go cheaply and if he did leave it would be to go home to WA. He has fantastic pace and skills aren't bad. Exciting player.
I would have thought delisted players this year are really no good because with the pool of good players getting smaller you wouldnt delist a player unless they were going poorly.

alex_quick

you're right plugger but most of the GC kids are still very young and settling into a new club, most of the time interstate, would be quite a distraction. just because they were delisted doesn't mean they are never going to be up to the standard. look at gaz junior, he struggled for 2-3 years at geelong before really breaking through. i think these suns kids could be worth a look at, except nathan ablett of course. we'll pass on him.. :p

linz
Club Player

Maybe Gary Ablett not NATHAN !!

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Ajer
Club Player

linz wrote:Maybe Gary Ablett not NATHAN !!
Nathan Ablett was the one delisted, not Gary. As far as im aware Gary is under contract for several years and is enjoying life up on Gold Coast.

saintDal
Club Player

We should target Tom Lynch. Then when we name him the opposition won't have a clue which one it is. MUWHAHAHAHA :twisted:

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Wow, Tom Lynch would be a super get, but we'd have to give up Riewoldt to get him.

That kid is something special.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Ajer wrote:Maybe we look at Nathan Ablett too, he was recently sacked from the Suns and is a premiership player. I hear he is keen on a return home so let move heaven and highwater to get him in.
i reckon he'd cost two slabs of crownies and some pizzas. cheap! of course, he wouldn't even get close to a game.