Time to move on

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Time to move on

Well whadya know! the sun is going to come up tomorrow! Life will go on. We will start the search for a new coach, and will eventually appoint one. Lots of people here will make impassioned pleas for this candidate or that candidate. There will be calls made from sentimental motives that we get a "Saints person" rather than take a dispassionate and analytical approach to finding the BEST "person" (Saints or not) for the job.
After that performance on saturday night, I'm not upset to see a change of coach, in fact if we start kicking some goals and playing more attractive football under a new boy, then hell, I'll be GLAD!
Have a good nights shuteye folks! lose not a wink! The board did what they could to keep someone who has shafted everyone (including a sports management company no less!)
You know, we have the nucleus of a good list, and a new coach MAY, just MAY be the shot in the arm our boys need!
Our club will endure, our EX coache's integrity has NOT! Back your board! Back your club! Back YOURSELVES!!!
GOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTS!!!!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

SAnest post of the day!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

great post Dave.

f*** the Snake, he's gone now. Let's focus on what needs to be done.

Love your work Dave. :D

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to a funeral of a dear friend later today (friday) I will miss her and that occupies more of my thoughts at present than the ramifications of the club having to look for another coach. This is a sad day for me because I will never again be able to spend time with our dear family friend, so a coach ups and leaves us? SO PHUCKIN WHAT??? MY CLUB ENDURES!!!!!!! MY FRIENDSHIPS ENDURE! MY FAMILY LOVE ME!!!!!! LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!
time for a new mindset take off the shackles RELEASE THE SAINTERS!!!!!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I'm over it already. I had fun venting a bit though :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

How will the sun come up when the sky is falling!!!!!

but seriously, venting will help everyone sleep tonight.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I'm not sure whether I should be worried about this, but I feel strangely relieved this morning -----ahhhhhhh all-bran you beauty!-----but I digress
(but not in mixed company if I can help it) The list still has a good nucleus of leaders and we have good kids who may now get a fair run at establishing themselves in the side. It can be liberating to have got rid of all the speculation and have some knowledge of what needs to be done about our situation and I do believe that the board can guide the club through this period.
Sure the media will do the usual "basket case" job on us (YAWNzzzzzzzzzzzz) but I for one will be rocking up to renew the old membership as per usual come the end of the year. As a matter of fact I'm over the whole business already and I'm quite excited believe it or not.....just think....we could again see games where we score more than eight goals!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

At least give us 24 hours to go nuts Jig, FFS.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Time to move on ? like follow another side ?

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

degrutch said :
At least give us 24 hours to go nuts Jig, FFS.
Yep, in another day or so, we will be over it and then get back on the bike!

Lots more to talk about - new coach possibilities, delistings, trades.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As I said earlier in the post, I'm going along to Springvale crem today to say goodbye to a good friend, now THAT makes me sad, and I will be a mess I know. But upset at losing someone in the manner we have "lost"(?) Lyon? Do me a solid?? :roll: Really? think about it? were we in such great shape at the end of his tenure? I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of a "new broom" and (dare I dream?) attacking and exciting footy!!! :lol:

bozza1980
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:As I said earlier in the post, I'm going along to Springvale crem today to say goodbye to a good friend, now THAT makes me sad, and I will be a mess I know. But upset at losing someone in the manner we have "lost"(?) Lyon? Do me a solid?? :roll: Really? think about it? were we in such great shape at the end of his tenure? I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of a "new broom" and (dare I dream?) attacking and exciting footy!!! :lol:
Ofcourse there are more important things in life than football.

I didn't realise that a football forum was the place to talk about football in this perspective.

I am deeply sorry for your loss, ofcourse nothing that football does can compare with this grief.

However we don't follow football or talk on football forums to compare the emotions elicited with those elicited by every day life.

Just like people who cry in movies, surely someone is allowed, on a football forum, to express a sense of loss because a coach has left their club?

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Where have I said that people are not allowed to express emotion at Lyon leaving the saints? :? Mate, I'm simply expressing MY view, is that alright with you? :?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Having let a little dust settle after feeling a little sick for a bit, I now believe the following:

1 Appallingly piece of treacherous behaviour
2 As grateful as I am for past achievements, I don't want that kind of ad hoc cowardice at the helm
3 Race was run - he knew it, we knew it, cloud will have a silver lining.
4 we are going to have to start again but, frankly, that's how it goes.
5 we now have a chance to solidify the significant gains we've made in recent times by making an honest assessment in relation to our place in the game and how we intend to go one better. We'd be doing the same thing even of we won the flags we should have.

We have been in it more or less since 2004. Time for a revolution.

And then, even after all that, there's a nagging thought in the back of my head that this may be a bit part in a larger orchestrated plan.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:And then, even after all that, there's a nagging thought in the back of my head that this may be a bit part in a larger orchestrated plan.
You didn't see the vision of Nettlefold?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Thinline wrote:And then, even after all that, there's a nagging thought in the back of my head that this may be a bit part in a larger orchestrated plan.
No. But I should have prefaced that line with 'hopeful that'...

I'm a Saint. I dream. So shoot me. :)

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:
No. But I should have prefaced that line with 'hopeful that'...

I'm a Saint. I dream. So shoot me. :)
It's on the herald sun site, looks rattled, pacing the floors on the phone, head in hands kind of stuff....

Dream on :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't this be in the Opposition Forum? :P