Surely nobody buys the 'we talked to him about 2013'

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Surely nobody buys the 'we talked to him about 2013'

Freo only made a call on the 4/9 to show interest in Lyon for 2013.

:lol:

Yeah sure.

I suppose we're also supposed to believe that his coaching efforts v the Swans was....now what was that....

'at our home ground, v an interstate team, to the level of the height's he had coached in the past'

:roll:

sRaf
Club Player

Well who do we believe? Not saying you're wrong but we're as ignorant as anyone else in the current situation.

Do we continue to believe rumours, heresay, random forum users or do we accept what we've been told and move on? A lot of what the media reported yesterday turned out to be BS.

Taking everything as fact is obviously a dangerous thing to do, but since there's no clear counter argument present, it's all we have at the moment.

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

I'm guessing the powerpoint presentation they showed him must have been convincing :lol:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Lyon the liar can't help himself can he?

Bowey Boy
Club Player

$$$$$$$$

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Fremantle approached Lyon after the match they played against us in Round 20 (5/8) ... That adds up to be around 6 weeks in the making... ... Then to say one month later (4/9) they would be interested in Lyon in 2013 was just a cover up.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Lyon knew his time was up and would have started to look around some time ago.

He's a career coach, with a young family. And the reality is, your currency can go from being a $1m a year man, to unemployable almost overnight!

I reckon Lyon felt that may have happened to him if he stuck around and went through the rebuild thing.

So he found a good deal, and snapped it up.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I reckon Fremantle approached Lyon after the match they played against us in Round 20 (5/8) ... That adds up to be around 6 weeks in the making... ... Then to say one month later (4/9) they would be interested in Lyon in 2013 was just a cover up.
That sounds pretty close to the mark. Brad Hardy (6pr) said that Freo started all this about 6 weeks ago !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

The day the Pelican arrived, I think Ross was thinking about next year. Any where else, but not St Kilda.
Throw in $7.5m and his decision was pretty easy. Was he talking to them prior to this week? What do you think? I think he was.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:The day the Pelican arrived, I think Ross was thinking about next year. Any where else, but not St Kilda.
Throw in $7.5m and his decision was pretty easy. Was he talking to them prior to this week? What do you think? I think he was.
I find it extremely difficult to believe that a $7.5Mill deal could be brokered in 72 hours !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

linmarnic
Club Player

Johnny Member wrote:I reckon Lyon knew his time was up and would have started to look around some time ago.

He's a career coach, with a young family. And the reality is, your currency can go from being a $1m a year man, to unemployable almost overnight!

I reckon Lyon felt that may have happened to him if he stuck around and went through the rebuild thing.

So he found a good deal, and snapped it up.
Lyon is a mercenary. A hired gun who's market value has peaked on the back of the grand finals and recovery this year. He has gone to the highest bidder while he can and crapped on the club, players and supporters in the process without any remorse. The spin is now on to lesson the blow on Freo and Lyon's reputation.

Never give up
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Eastern wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I reckon Fremantle approached Lyon after the match they played against us in Round 20 (5/8) ... That adds up to be around 6 weeks in the making... ... Then to say one month later (4/9) they would be interested in Lyon in 2013 was just a cover up.
That sounds pretty close to the mark. Brad Hardy (6pr) said that Freo started all this about 6 weeks ago !!
Spot on, anyone that thinks a monumental contract like this had been brokered within 72 hours is kidding themselves. Also think Finey said it on SEN that his sources told him it happened 5-6 weeks ago, and he was spot on with everything else last night....

St Lenny
Club Player

Im with you Sainter K, dont believe it for a moment. How many times did he say when asked various questions, about his exit clause. He looked rattled uncomfortable. I believe they rehersed what to say before the media conference. Head hunted, yeah right..............

markinUSA
SS Life Member

He told the players "See ya next year", just forgot to add "When I coach Freo against you."

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

PakenhamSaint wrote:I'm guessing the powerpoint presentation they showed him must have been convincing :lol:
He couldn't believe how many zero's were in the figures.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.