Coach Selectioin Panel Formalised

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

mohannair wrote:Brad Johnson??
I wonder if he'll boo when Robert Harvey comes in for the interview. Just like he did at the '97 Brownlow.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is it just me...or is that Panel structured so that Pelchen will get the coach that he wants?

Head of Coles.???...no doubt has hired many people, but he is hardly going to be the one to pick a new coach. Might certainly be able to provide some valuable insights.

As for Johhnno...tokenism to say that it was just not a "St Kilda" panel.

With Pelchen steering recruiting....and with now a key influence in selecting the new coach....make no mistake, our future for the next few years is in his hands.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SinCitySaint
Club Player

I love to see the comments from everyone on here who obviously know Brad Johnson personally judging by their assessment of him being too nice to be of any use. I don't know him, I only know his media image he could be a complete bastard and hard as nails behind the smile and if Aker is to be believed he is definitely not too nice.

I think the absence of Senior Coaching knowledge on the panel is a little strange but not critical. A great coach needs to be a leader of men able to make the hard decisions, the head of Coles should be able to ascertain if a candidate has what is required.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think the coaching selection panel is outstanding.

by compairson - melbourne just had gary lyon and thats about it.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I think the coaching selection panel is outstanding.

by compairson - melbourne just had gary lyon and thats about it.
Totally agree mate

mohannair
Club Player

Moccha wrote:
mohannair wrote:Brad Johnson??

I would have thought someone like Tom Harley or Brett Kirk would be good.
F*** Tom Harley, I don't get it with this guy!
Moccha, he is an dual premiership captain & current Asst. coach at GWS and an O.K. media personality, much better than Brad. (again in my opinion). Also will know more about Ken Hinkley whom we have already approached.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

What I like, is that it is "a considered" decision, especially incorporating the focus on the "management" side of things.

Burkey and Johnson have seen a lot of coaches come and go, so between them , they should have a good feel about things. Others, such as lethal and Parkin may have not been available. They would also have added to the complexity of the Panel.

Good hunting guys - with Johnson on board, it looks like Rodney will not even be in the mix!