There is a bombshell we the public don't know

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: There is a bombshell we the public don't know

ShakenNotStirred wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:I am convince that within the club something has gone horribly wrong.

I do expect more people to be leaving ,, gonna be a long hard road ahead i think.

Love to be wrong , but i have a very bad feeling on this.
Is this just a hunch?

Or do you know something?

Any evidence or anything?
Salary Cap issues?? Heard we were operating at close to if not spot on 100%.
And?

SunburySaint
Club Player

degruch wrote:
SunburySaint wrote:
degruch wrote:
SaintPav wrote:We lost the 09 GF becuase Ross couldn't kick straight...I mean see straight.
Oh, you don't wanna go there Pav...Roger will be 'back' with his Luke Ball game time rant.
What game time?
Yes, that argument.
Let's not go there then......

Now lives in Geelong...
ShakenNotStirred
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:
ShakenNotStirred wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:I am convince that within the club something has gone horribly wrong.

I do expect more people to be leaving ,, gonna be a long hard road ahead i think.

Is this just a hunch?

And?
Will if that's not an issue, what is. To get quality to the club we need to have room in the cap and u know what that means. With Bakes, Gardy, Eddy and McQ all departing I'm none too sure that's going to free up a fistful of dollars.

Someone's on BIG coin.....

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)
Leo.J
SS Life Member

ShakenNotStirred wrote:
Leo.J wrote:
ShakenNotStirred wrote:
Leo.J wrote:

Is this just a hunch?

And?
Will if that's not an issue, what is. To get quality to the club we need to have room in the cap and u know what that means. With Bakes, Gardy, Eddy and McQ all departing I'm none too sure that's going to free up a fistful of dollars.

Someone's on BIG coin.....
I'd say there are a few clubs with salary cap issues.

Question - you joined when all the other Collingwood ferals joined, then you didn't post anything until the day after Ross left... why?

Just curious?

ShakenNotStirred
Club Player

Farked if I know.....it never dawned upon me. Track my posts if u like.

Or do u want to give me a cavity search.....u sound like the net police.

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Member wrote:
degruch wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:
SainterK wrote:I'd say he has fallen out with the big boys.
Definitely has that undertone...meh...he was an employee of the club, and if you can't work with the boss, don't stay. His lousy exit spoke volumes about his character though, so I'm glad he's gone and everyone's moving on. Everyone else (Lyon, press, Fremantle) can try justify it to themselves all any way they like.
The same way that you are justifying it by thinking he wasn't a good coach.
I think he was a good coach. Not great though.

But over the past 12 months, has been an average coach. Time will tell which way his career goes and how he is remembered.

My feelings are that it will continue down the 'average' path. His game plan was outdated, and I think he unequivecally believes in it. If he keeps trying to use it, he'll fail.

The same as if he stayed with us.
I really only thought the cracks were appearing in the last few weeks of this season, other than that, I was happy with his performances. You certainly can't argue with his overall record...thus far.
I think you can.We lost the GF that we clearly should have won in 09, after his new game plan took the comp by storm and caught everyone off guard.

But scoring was an issue. It didn't really matter much though, becuase teams just did not know how to score against us! And, our lack of system and efficiency going forward was masked by Riewoldt's freak season.

Then in 2010, it was very clear that scoring was still an issue. the 'kick it to Roo' system wasn't going to hold up - especially since he got hurt!
Then of course, we couldn't kick enough goals in the GF and then were completely blown away by a better team with a better game plan.

There's had evolved and was now the benchmark. Ours was the same as it was a year earlier, and had been worked out. Even though we were a dodgy bounce away from a flag, it's easy to forget that we were a dodgy free kick away from not even making the GF that year.

Then this year, the only change we saw to the game plan was an effort to play on all the time! That was it!
That was the only reaction to what we'd seen Collingwood and other clubs bring to the table in 2010!
And it resulted in 6 clubs brezzing past us!

So if you look at a record of 60% win/loss and 2 GFs over 5 years, sure, his record looks great.
But if you break it down over time, for mine there's a very steady decline from the 2009 GF onwards.

If you take over a young team with the core just entering their prime, and having played finals for 3 years in a row, then there's no excuse for not having a great win/loss ratio.
i also think youcan. in 2009 we played superb football, skills great, i never thought we would lose a game. In 2010 skills decreased, why i don't know. but as we lost games Lyon lamented about poor skills. We the saints fans lamented goal scorring. in 2011, lyon lamented about the poor skills being executed in most games. lack of goals again.

lyon should have fixed the lack of skills ages ago, the lack of young players inthe team is also lyon's fault. do yu remember after 8 games or so this year, lyon stated that the midfield was getting nowhere and maybe he had to help out the asistant coaches more. whose fault is that??? all coaches!

Leo.J
SS Life Member

ShakenNotStirred wrote:Farked if I know.....it never dawned upon me. Track my posts if u like.

No not the net police.

Just aware that some people get off on trolling other clubs forums and attempt to cause trouble.

As I said just curious, no offense intended.

skfc17
Club Player

What bout geelong

Geelong lose ablett and bomber.werent they met to fall off this
Year.be positive.have a look at Geelong now they've also lost
2 highly regarded assistAnt coach.once again a people need
To be reminded this is a saints fan forum,probably the pathetic
Losers hat totally wrote us off after a horrid start.

Carn the mighty Sainters
ShakenNotStirred
Club Player

Leo.J wrote:
ShakenNotStirred wrote:Farked if I know.....it never dawned upon me. Track my posts if u like.

No not the net police.

Just aware that some people get off on trolling other clubs forums and attempt to cause trouble.

As I said just curious, no offense intended.
Okies mate soz right back at ya. It's a pretty stressful time around here so I can understand the apprehension.

Anyways I can't be a filth supporter I can spell. :wink:

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

do we know yet?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
ThomasR
Club Player

ShakenNotStirred wrote: Salary Cap issues?? Heard we were operating at close to if not spot on 100%.
In the article/press release in The West Ross was asked about Mitch Clark and said he was advised earlier in the year that we had some cash freed up and had been looking at him.. so I don't think this was an issue

My best guess is that those in charge of running the club, given the relatively dire state of the finances this year, wanted us to start playing more "attractive" football to boost members and the bottom line.. and the coach did not take kindly to being told how to play football..but then again that's just speculation...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

The sky is falling!

What a weak speculative thread.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
degruch wrote:
SainterK wrote:I'd say he has fallen out with the big boys.
Definitely has that undertone...meh...he was an employee of the club, and if you can't work with the boss, don't stay. His lousy exit spoke volumes about his character though, so I'm glad he's gone and everyone's moving on. Everyone else (Lyon, press, Fremantle) can try justify it to themselves all any way they like.
The same way that you are justifying it by thinking he wasn't a good coach.
Sorry to paraphrase Barrassi but: 'you give me silverware, and I'll shutup!!'

Good coach doesn't cut it. Blaming the bounce of the ball doesn't cut it and blaming Blakey or Kossi or Scarlett's foot doesnt cut it. Close enough doesn't cut it!!