Will Paul Roos clarify?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:oh ok
it seems to have sunk in

ironic that Punter wants a pm
lol
hahahahaha - lol

I bet Punter already understands.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ThePunter
Club Player

Just for the record, I'm The Punter because I look like Ricky Ponting, not because I bet a lot.

Although I'm sure I have a sure thing multi on the Brownlow.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:Suspect Lyin had confided in Roos what an incompetent Board and CEO the club had, and he had had enough, and was going to shaft them big time.
they are competent. id have spewed if they offered him more than 6 mill guaranteed,

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Comes from Sydney where he walked into a list and left when the going got tough too. Sydney was an artificial environment where administrators and coaches live free from media and fan scrutiny. Boards didn't ring the coach demanding kids be played because callers on SEN were going mental that day or the ferals on the fan sites where calling for a less defensive game plan. Imagine a board expecting to have a say over thing like recruiting, game style and list management. I wouldn't be able to stay either.
Why not? Ratts has probably had a few discussion with his board, so why shouldn't Rossy listen to his board? Who is he going to listen to...just Paul Roos and others outside the club?

Even though Rossy boy was head coach at the time of our GF appearances it takes a lot more than a good caoch for a team to 1) Get there and 2) Win it. Ross might have served a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach, but he was still a relatively young head coach.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Anyone else reckon Paul Roos is getting a bit big in the old head region these days?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Paul Roos would know exactly what was going on, MUCH MORE than any flog on here, that's for sure... and how it is impossible for a coach to stay when he is neither respected, trusted or supported by the board!

AND when the board have inserted and insisted on GET OUT CLAUSES in his contract it not only shows the board's lack of belief but also provides the coach with zero security.

Do you people really need to know much more than that to figure it all out?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:Paul Roos would know exactly what was going on, MUCH MORE than any flog on here, that's for sure... and how it is impossible for a coach to stay when he is neither respected, trusted or supported by the board!

AND when the board have inserted and insisted on GET OUT CLAUSES in his contract it not only shows the board's lack of belief but also provides the coach with zero security.

Paul Roos would know one side of the story.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Paul Roos would know exactly what was going on, MUCH MORE than any flog on here, that's for sure... and how it is impossible for a coach to stay when he is neither respected, trusted or supported by the board!

Debt. Family. Huge unmatchable offer.

What's more to know?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markp
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:

We don't know either.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:AND when the board have inserted and insisted on GET OUT CLAUSES in his contract it not only shows the board's lack of belief but also provides the coach with zero security.
:roll: FFS, etc.

Where's the club's security from poor coaching? Or even a coach with extremely distracting financial issues? Or a coach who's putting it out there that he'll jump for more cash? The situation at St Kilda would certainly appear to be untenable, are we sure it was from Ross' perspective, or the clubs?

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:

We don't know either.
Exactly! And I'm not going to pretend that I do.

ThePunter
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:Paul Roos would know exactly what was going on, MUCH MORE than any flog on here, that's for sure...
At the risk of sounding abusive ... yes, you are right.

He'd know more than you.

markp
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:

We don't know either.
Let me help... apparently Lyon is the devil, and everyone who currently works for the Saints is beyond reproach (until they leave, of course).

Someone who knows at least one side of the story used the term 'untenable' to describe the situation, and a few days after Lyon left the other most important employee at the club walked, just after our CEO announced he absolutely wasn't going anywhere.

All good, though.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:

We don't know either.
Let me help... apparently Lyon is the devil, and everyone who currently works for the Saints is beyond reproach (until they leave, of course).

Someone who knows at least one side of the story used the term 'untenable' to describe the situation, and a few days after Lyon left the other most important employee at the club walked, just after our CEO announced he absolutely wasn't going anywhere.

All good, though.
So you are going to pretend that you do then?

markp
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
markp wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:

We don't know either.

All good, though.
So you are going to pretend that you do then?
I think it's not unreasonable to suspect those representing the club on this could have have dropped the ball... but I wont accuse anyone of anything resembling heresy who suspect otherwise.

derby Street
Club Player

loris wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I wouldn't bet on it at all.

I know a bookmaker here in WA is thrilled Lyon is coming to Freo......... now is that because he is a Freo supporter............... I wonder. :? :? :? :? :?
Interesting Loris - I wonder if Melb bookmakers are happy Hinkley maybe coming back to Victoria ? Nah I don't think so - but the TAB could well be ???

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
gringo wrote:Comes from Sydney where he walked into a list and left when the going got tough too. Sydney was an artificial environment where administrators and coaches live free from media and fan scrutiny. Boards didn't ring the coach demanding kids be played because callers on SEN were going mental that day or the ferals on the fan sites where calling for a less defensive game plan. Imagine a board expecting to have a say over thing like recruiting, game style and list management. I wouldn't be able to stay either.
Why not? Ratts has probably had a few discussion with his board, so why shouldn't Rossy listen to his board? Who is he going to listen to...just Paul Roos and others outside the club?

Even though Rossy boy was head coach at the time of our GF appearances it takes a lot more than a good caoch for a team to 1) Get there and 2) Win it. Ross might have served a long apprenticeship as an assistant coach, but he was still a relatively young head coach.

I heard Terry Wallace saying that the assistants do most of the work these days as the head coach just walks in to do the corporate crap and match day stuff. Ratten is probably at a similar point to GT another year of not winning through to the Gf and he will be replaced by someone who takes the team further and takes all the praise.

I was only joking that the board shouldn't have their say over how their team is perceived by the wider community. Boards have to make the money to survive. If we are unattractive as a brand we have to adapt or start losing money. Maybe playing footy that alienated people was what caused our financial downfall?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Maybe playing footy that alienated people was what caused our financial downfall?
Must have really affected the bottom line making all those Grand Finals.