ROSS DIDN'T DECEIVE US

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:lol @ CAPSLOCKS4EVA

You have made a complete and utter fool of yourself as usual :roll:

A clueless nobody.

Sad

You're a gullible clown like most on here!

So Russelll Holmesby writes an editorial piece and SS suddenly know the whole story!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear....are you people for real?

The board will attempt to spin this anyway they can to cover their incompetent arses.

AND you bob around like a cork in the ocean and change your opinion more than Robert walls depending on what you read in editorials!

Who inserted the GET OUT CLAUSES?

A board maintaining a frosty relationship even after back to back Grand Finals are still not convinced!

The situation had become untenable and had been building for years!

A coach with a board who does not fully support him is placing a coach in a precarious position!

Lyon should never have been in this situation to begin with!

Ross Lyon should have been at least a ten year coach for us!

The air head board led by Clown Westaway might be able to pull the wool over your sheep eyes but no surprises there!

They continue to deceive and this place remains as vacuous as ever!

Remember they relocated the club to Seaford and made an announcement about Frankston within two weeks of being elected

YET chose to not make one mention of it prior to the vote!!!!!!!!!!

Duplicitous, Deceitful and Disingenuous at best!

remember the level two social club seating arrangements?

the list goes on

This board should have had LYON signed up WITHOUT GET OUT CLAUSES...you know like the board they replaced.... and then he would have been been signed and sealed and not in a position to walk to begin with!

The board created this mess by not backing and not trusting the coach and if everyone is not on the same page it's a recipe for disaster!

They inherited a brilliant coach, rode on his coat tails with back to back Grand Final appearances and through their incompetence and sheer stupidity have managed to lose him.

Loyalty was not shown and so ultimately was not returned!

Spin it any way your sheep brain might but this is 100% the board's fault!

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

He only turned up at the last minute himself.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Bloody hell, Barks. I thought I could slip in a response to Joffa's response re Ayn Rand without doing the quote bizo.

Lo and behold you stuck in more nonsense in before I could get it done. Rest man, you need rest. The sackings can wait.

Anyway Joff, I'm sure you got the to and fro.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

B4E - Lyon was in a mess and left for an offer probably more than $2-3mil beyond what we would have/could have paid him.

Beyond the kinds of emotions that tend to float around in the air when money's an issue I fail to see much more in the whole saga that is relevant.

And while you get a freakin' grip on that how about you come up with a board ticket who will do a better job than the existing one and a better candidate for the CEO role. Dazzle us with a few names and some genuine insights and your proposed alternative vision for the future.

The same page long sooky la la rant time after time is really wasteful don't you think?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sainterman
Club Player

That article really doesn't change anything. It fails to look any deeper than what we are already hearing and knew anyway.

It does not touch on why RL wanted out in the first place.

Sure, he could have exited the club better than he did, but the motivation for that exit is still not covered off here.

No one wants to touch that side of things or even think about it. Yep, $'s were one reason but there are others. The $'s he would have got from the Saints would have been more than enough to sustain and nice healthy lifestyle and rebuild from his own financial issues. There is more to it but hey, better not to think about that...might be a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, I think we have reached a point where most on the forum blame RL and a few others (like myself) are sure there is more to it. This thread aint going to go anywhere positive from here.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
The air head board led by Clown Westaway might be able to pull the wool over your sheep eyes but no surprises there!

They continue to deceive and this place remains as vacuous as ever!

Remember they relocated the club to Seaford and made an announcement about Frankston within two weeks of being elected

YET chose to not make one mention of it prior to the vote!!!!!!!!!!

Duplicitous, Deceitful and Disingenuous at best!

remember the level two social club seating arrangements?

the list goes on

This board should have had LYON signed up WITHOUT GET OUT CLAUSES...you know like the board they replaced.... and then he would have been been signed and sealed and not in a position to walk to begin with!

The board created this mess by not backing and not trusting the coach and if everyone is not on the same page it's a recipe for disaster!

They inherited a brilliant coach, rode on his coat tails with back to back Grand Final appearances and through their incompetence and sheer stupidity have managed to lose him.

Loyalty was not shown and so ultimately was not returned!

Spin it any way your sheep brain might but this is 100% the board's fault!
If you hate the board so much are you going to do something about it? Or just consistently moan about it on here?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:That article really doesn't change anything. It fails to look any deeper than what we are already hearing and knew anyway.

Sure, he could have exited the club better than he did, but the motivation for that exit is still not covered off here.

No one wants to touch that side of things or even think about it. Yep, $'s were one reason but there are others. The $'s he would have got from the Saints would have been more than enough to sustain and nice healthy lifestyle and rebuild from his own financial issues. There is more to it but hey, better not to think about that...might be a little uncomfortable.

Anyway, I think we have reached a point where most on the forum blame RL and a few others (like myself) are sure there is more to it. This thread aint going to go anywhere positive from here.
Seriously...

And offer 2 to 3 mill more than what you are getting when you blew all your dough on race 3 at Doomben or stick around and rebuild a club for relative peanuts...

How were we going to match Freo anyway?

I suspect every club has issues at the highest level.

A given.

But this can't really be anything other than a money issue at the end of the day.

Worrying about who may have thought what about whom is just wasted energy in the circ IMO.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sainterman
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
Sainterman wrote:That article really doesn't change anything. It fails to look any deeper than what we are already hearing and knew anyway.

Seriously...

And offer 2 to 3 mill more than what you are getting when you blew all your dough on race 3 at Doomben or stick around and rebuild a club for relative peanuts...

A given.

But this can't really be anything other than a money issue at the end of the day.

Worrying about who may have thought what about whom is just wasted energy in the circ IMO.
OK Thinline, what was the Saints offer and what was Freos?? You seem to know it was 2-3 million more so please provide me with figures and some sources for those figures.

Yeah, money was an issue, no problem agreeing with that but why is everyone so keen to ignore the other facts we have in front of us?

These include:

- Paul Roos comments about it being untenable (and yes, he would know)
- Our own skippers comments about it being disappointing the admiin couldn't get it done
- Our stance at the press conference which was soft as and clearly attempting not to inflame RL perhaps so he wouldn't come out and say more than they would have liked him to
- RL's comments at his own press conference which clearly took as much of a swipe at the administration of the club as he could without making an even bigger story out of it
- MN sitting on Footy Classified saying all was ok when clearly it wasn't
- MN saying he had no idea why he left and wouldn't be interested in finding out anyway

And there are more, but for some reason no one wants to look any deeper.

Whilst I usually never agree with B4E in this case he is on the money. There will come a time when this becomes obvious. We just lost the best coach we have had for as long as I can remember and everyone seems happy about it on here. I just don't get why people are not interesting in looking a little deeper. Then again it doesn't really matter as in time all will come to light anyway and we will have those agressive posters changing their tunes back the other way.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Whilst I usually never agree with B4E in this case he is on the money. There will come a time when this becomes obvious.
Well, he's being lampooned as a clueless clown by 90% of the forum...this has become obvious.

Sainterman
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Whilst I usually never agree with B4E in this case he is on the money. There will come a time when this becomes obvious.
Well, he's being lampooned as a clueless clown by 90% of the forum...this has become obvious.
Yep, doesn't mean in this case (and I stress in this case) he isn't on the money.

Hopefully in time this argument will be cleared up.

Guess we need to focus on finding a new coach now either way!

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
degruch wrote:
Yep, doesn't mean in this case (and I stress in this case) he isn't on the money.

If he's right on the money, there won't be anyone left at the club to select a new coach! :P

Sainterman
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Sainterman wrote:
degruch wrote:

If he's right on the money, there won't be anyone left at the club to select a new coach! :P
It is not all bad at the Saints. There are certaily some issues though. IMO MN is a major one as are 4 or so members of the current board. If we can clean this up we will be much better off.

We are not the worst out there, but we are also far from the best when it comes to boards. Some changes, gettting the right people involved, will make a world of difference.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Seriously...

A given.

OK Thinline, what was the Saints offer and what was Freos?? You seem to know it was 2-3 million more so please provide me with figures and some sources for those figures.

Yeah, money was an issue, no problem agreeing with that but why is everyone so keen to ignore the other facts we have in front of us?

These include:

- Paul Roos comments about it being untenable (and yes, he would know)
- Our own skippers comments about it being disappointing the admiin couldn't get it done
- Our stance at the press conference which was soft as and clearly attempting not to inflame RL perhaps so he wouldn't come out and say more than they would have liked him to
- RL's comments at his own press conference which clearly took as much of a swipe at the administration of the club as he could without making an even bigger story out of it
- MN sitting on Footy Classified saying all was ok when clearly it wasn't
- MN saying he had no idea why he left and wouldn't be interested in finding out anyway

And there are more, but for some reason no one wants to look any deeper.

Whilst I usually never agree with B4E in this case he is on the money. There will come a time when this becomes obvious. We just lost the best coach we have had for as long as I can remember and everyone seems happy about it on here. I just don't get why people are not interesting in looking a little deeper. Then again it doesn't really matter as in time all will come to light anyway and we will have those agressive posters changing their tunes back the other way.
Well said... there's likely something rotten here, but people are happy to ignore it.

Read this and tell me it shouldn't ring a few alarm bells....

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-disp ... -on-138481

"Nothing to know or learn, Misson aint going anywhere...." :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i cant even find the offending post from capslock that has caused such opprobrium?

but i must be a mindless sheep too cos i dont think the board screwed up on the lyon issue.

i do think they ballsed up on a few other things though. but not the lyon situation. they were totally blind-sided and out gunned for money and money was a very high priority for lyon as he himself has now confessed.

so i cant see how they could have done anything different.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman put it this way: what does it matter if there was conflict between coach and board and/or players? Why give a s***? Relationships under stress are complicated. Sometimes they fall apart. It happens. Deal with it.

Fact is - as reported in several places eben if the figure varies - it seems the Dockers offered Lyon a shiteload of cash we couldn't dream of matching even if we wanted to.

I care little for what Roos says - he's a gossip maker these days and in this instance has conflicts all over the shop.
Of course the players would be disappointed - they probably valued their coach for what he'd achieved. What's the alternative?
Among other things (including flat batting controversy) our stance at the PC was in line with a club not wanting to express an opinion on someone's sensitive personal circumstances (with hindsight my take anyhow)
RL's swipe was indicative of him more than anything - callous and rude I thought.
MN on FC? Come on...at that point he was negotiating a contract wasn't he?
MN re finding out - clearly IMO view respectful deference to what what MN may have thought motivated RL - money stress.

With due respect to you and your views - which I understand - I fail to see why it isn't feasible that a financially stressed bloke simply did what stressed blokes do - chase the plumpest carrot...

I also understand why a board would be concerned about RL's future capacity to lead the group forward. This season was a stinker. There was little in the way of evolution on field. As others have pointed out the end of the season saw us playing 09 footy. Footy is about momentum. We've been losing ours. I fully get why our board may have been hesitant to commit even short term. If that upset Ross, I get it. He gets great press as a Supercoach and his record is strong. His ego was probably justifiably rampant. His value is probably at it's highest. In his personal circs especially I understand why he would have looked further afield.

The end of it all is we get a new coach. That new coach may be better. he gets Freo. He can have 'em.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Sainterman wrote:[
we will have those agressive posters changing their tunes back the other way.
Well said... there's likely something rotten here, but people are happy to ignore it.

markp's off the bandwagon already.

Sainterman
Club Player

I know Markp, but some don't want to see the signs that are clear as day here.

No problem with that anyway, most users of this forum are not the ones that will bring about change at the club anyway.

MN is a problem, how could you not be interested in finding out why he left??? I'll tell you why, because they already know and they don't want to discuss it!!!

And yeah, Misson not going anywhere, neither was Ross I guess.

I wonder who the next one to "not be going anywhere" will be??

markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
markp wrote:
Sainterman wrote:[
we will have those agressive posters changing their tunes back the other way.

markp's off the bandwagon already.

Am I?

Oh no, I've been branded a heretic.

Sainterman
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Sainterman put it this way: what does it matter if there was conflict between coach and board and/or players? Why give a s***? Relationships under stress are complicated. Sometimes they fall apart. It happens. Deal with it.

Fact is - as reported in several places eben if the figure varies - it seems the Dockers offered Lyon a shiteload of cash we couldn't dream of matching even if we wanted to.

I care little for what Roos says - he's a gossip maker these days and in this instance has conflicts all over the shop.
Of course the players would be disappointed - they probably valued their coach for what he'd achieved. What's the alternative?
Among other things (including flat batting controversy) our stance at the PC was in line with a club not wanting to express an opinion on someone's sensitive personal circumstances (with hindsight my take anyhow)
RL's swipe was indicative of him more than anything - callous and rude I thought.
MN on FC? Come on...at that point he was negotiating a contract wasn't he?
MN re finding out - clearly IMO view respectful deference to what what MN may have thought motivated RL - money stress.

With due respect to you and your views - which I understand - I fail to see why it isn't feasible that a financially stressed bloke simply did what stressed blokes do - chase the plumpest carrot...

I also understand why a board would be concerned about RL's future capacity to lead the group forward. This season was a stinker. There was little in the way of evolution on field. As others have pointed out the end of the season saw us playing 09 footy. Footy is about momentum. We've been losing ours. I fully get why our board may have been hesitant to commit even short term. If that upset Ross, I get it. He gets great press as a Supercoach and his record is strong. His ego was probably justifiably rampant. His value is probably at it's highest. In his personal circs especially I understand why he would have looked further afield.

The end of it all is we get a new coach. That new coach may be better. he gets Freo. He can have 'em.
Fair enough mate, we are all entitled to an opinion here. After all that is the point of this place!

We differ in our thinking, and in the end it doesn't really matter as RL is gone.

My concern is what happens next, who is running the show....and where they take us. I don't have a lot of faith in those people at the minute.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

The Saints offered Lyon 2.6 mill over 4 years while the Dockers offered him 5 mill over 4 years. There's 2.4 million reasons why he left. Seems reasonable. Sure things will come out that both parties were not happy about, both sides will have their bitching session.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:I know Markp, but some don't want to see the signs that are clear as day here.

No problem with that anyway, most users of this forum are not the ones that will bring about change at the club anyway.

MN is a problem, how could you not be interested in finding out why he left??? I'll tell you why, because they already know and they don't want to discuss it!!!

You can read it either way, the way I clearly see it, RL had some issues personally, or with the board, or with both, that don't need to be aired. This could be in his best interest, not the Saints.

Same can be said for Roos' 'untenable' comment...untenable from who's perspective?

It's funny that we're all guessing, yet the those amongst us that want the club to move on as best it can are aparently clueless, those that want to plunge the club into upheaval are correct!

Sainterman
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Sainterman wrote:I know Markp, but some don't want to see the signs that are clear as day here.

You can read it either way, the way I clearly see it, RL had some issues personally, or with the board, or with both, that don't need to be aired. This could be in his best interest, not the Saints.

Same can be said for Roos' 'untenable' comment...untenable from who's perspective?

It's funny that we're all guessing, yet the those amongst us that want the club to move on as best it can are aparently clueless, those that want to plunge the club into upheaval are correct!
What if, buy some amazing turn of events, MN and the admin were hopeless?

Would you still be as happy to move on and not worry about what has gone on??

It is not just about moving on, but about having the best people, and being in the best position to move on succesfully. That is the basis of the arguement in the end isn't it?

markp
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:You can read it either way
Precisely... I hope everything has been and is being run and handled perfectly, but it is a totally reasonable to begin to suspect otherwise given events and outcomes.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Seriously working as a coach or any type of employee at the St Kilda FC is no different to any other work place. You have falling outs with staff. It wouldn't be unexpected for Ross and someone/s on the board to not get along. The straw that broke the camels back was a pay increase of 2.4 million over the same amount of time, that's obvious.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote: If you hate the board so much are you going to do something about it? Or just consistently moan about it on here?
Funny isn't it how others keep expressing other opinions and calling Ross Lyon every name under the sun!

How many threads have been started expressing that view?

HUNDREDS!

I post in half a dozen or so threads expressing a view that the board are the ones who showed their hand from the get go when they first renewed Lyon's contract and inserted GET OUT CLAUSES!

A back to back Grand Final coach and they then appoint Pelchen effectively saying we do not trust you!

And apparently they are blameless for anything and it's all about Lyon being a prick of a human being and a liar!

I'm pissed off, pissed off with the cabbages running the joint into the ground!

This club will be the next Port Adelaide because of these clueless clowns and you'll all be playing catch up venting in the years to come!

Just putting some early scoreboard pressure on before eventually weight of numbers will see these passengers removed!