We are gawn

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Johnny Member wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote: Not neccessarily.,

You're saying we will slide down the ladder. Correct, probably. Very probably.

But I'm saying I 'm afraid we MAY slide to the BOTTOM of the ladder. As in 16th-18th bottom, not necessarily just 8th-12th or something.

Geelong haven't finished in the bottom four for about twelve years or so I believe - I would kill for that kind of longevitiy.
I don't agree, but that's fine. Each to their own.

I don't care how far we slip, as long as in the process we're building our next leadership group and learning a style of play along the way with a new coach that can be tweaked into a very good game plan when the team is ready.
18th, 9th, I couldn't care less. I feel it is completely irrelevant. In reality, if we're not going to win the flag, then I'd far prefer to finish as low as possible like Collingwood, Geelong and West Coast did to grab someone decent from the draft.

And as for Geelong's longevity, I only want longevity if it means we're a genuine contender. Geelong are this year obviously which pretty much gives them one more year than us at the top.

Obviously the big difference is premierships. But I believe in what Chris Judd says: The top 4 are always very close. You aim to be in the top 4 teams in the comp, then pretty much cross your fingers that things go your way in the finals.

I'm just staggered that people choose to see our decline as some sort of disastrous stuff up that should have been avoided. It happens! That's the game!!

Having said that, during a rebuilding phase, every aspect of the club should be addressed. And if there's people out there that can anything better than those currently at the club, then of course they should be brought in.

But making the CEO and the Board 'pay' for our current situation is just ludicrous!
OKay, you raise a fair point there....

I guess, and maybe this is just because we've been so spoilt the last ten years, i'm just used to seeing us either in finals or challenging for finals.

But you make an excellent point, as long as we can set ourselves up for another tilt at a flag in five to ten years.

It just means the next decade or so is going to be really trying, but like they say short term pain for long term gain...

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

For what its worth Wallace just went over our list and reckons the window is still well and truly open for the next two years. New coach, new gameplan, new enthusiasm. Whether you think Wallace is a tosser or not its still good to hear

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

barks4eva wrote:
samoht wrote: The board may have seen the light .. we may recruit for youth at last !
No more recycled players.
2010 draft

Cripps, Crocker, Ledger Siposs

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
So we picked up some kids last year at last !
What about all the recycled players we've picked up under Ross + missed out on Lovett etc,, we could have had another 10 young players ? .. 5 might have developed into good players.
I think the board had enough of RL quick fix attitude and decided to override his lack of foresight and to pick up some kids at last.,, and so understandably the board weren't overly keen on signing him up again,
They saw the light.
RL was the worst kind of coach .. as he was too short term focused .

Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

I was excited about kids like Siposs getting games when we were losing and I'll be enjoying it when we see even more of them next year. But your right our aging stars must be a problem, look how terrible that mix of youth and aging list is going down at Geelong, they are completely shot!!!..........Oh wait.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
samoht wrote: The board may have seen the light .. we may recruit for youth at last !
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
What about all the recycled players we've picked up under Ross + missed out on Lovett etc,, we could have had another 10 young players ? .. 5 might have developed into good players.
I think the board had enough of RL quick fix attitude and decided to override his lack of foresight and to pick up some kids at last.,, and so understandably the board weren't overly keen on signing him up again,
They saw the light.
Didn't hear you complaining in 2009 and 2010 when we went within a whisker of a premiership!

In one week according to this site Lyon has gone from a brilliant coach to the worst coach ever!

FUNNY STUFF!

ShakenNotStirred
Club Player

Re: We are gawn

hungry for a premiership wrote:I know there has been shiploads of discussion on the whole Lyon saga, and I could've presented my views on another thread, but I've decided to spew it all out right here and now, for I have reached the end of my rope. I just need to get this last speil out before I go and say goodbye, partially, to the saints.

In the past week, since Ross up and left, I've run the whole gamut of emotions: from the initial utter shock that he was leaving after saying he was staying, through to outrage and anger at his apparent snake-like betrayal, to sadness that we were 1.) losing a great coach and that 2.) despite our success together and all the wonderful things that st.kilda fc and Ross achieved together, the partnership would ultimately be remembered as a failure and a tragedy, because the business was never finally finished.

Then, I got past all that sadness, and I actually found myself becoming excited. Excited and eager to see where we could go now, who our new coach will be, how the group will respond. I thought of how an ageing Geelong responded to a new coach this year. I thought about Hayes coming back and Roo getting a full pre-season and a dynamite new coach and I started believing again.

I've realised, now, though, that that excitement and confidence in the club was merely an overeaction and an over-positivisation to counteract the sadness caused by the reality that this St.Kilda team has been dealt a stunning, and I believe fatal, blow.

You can put as positive a spin on it as you like, many on here have done a great job of making it seem almost like the best possible thing that could've happened to us, like it's really great for the club, that Lyon was in fact holding us back with his defensive gameplan and conservative selection tendancies, and now that he's gone we can finally thrive... Bollocks.

We are goneskies, fellow saints. This team will not win a premiership. We will go down the ladder, and our current position as one of the more powerful clubs will be lost as we start to truly struggle again both on and off the field. We've just witnessed one of the best 10 year stints in the clubs history, and now it's all over, with lots of success, but no flag to show for it. Now this team is gone, and it's still going to be another couple of years before this team's time comes to an end and the club can start to build a new team to challenge. The party is over, folks. We were going down anyway, but at least we had a strong coach we could back in to guide us through to our next phase of success. Now we are rudderless, heading for rough seas without a captain.

We, as a club, at this point in time, have been completely and utterly cut down. It is simply impossible for this current St.Kilda team to get to the same levels it has previously gotten to, because 1.) there is no chance in buggery that the next coach of St.Kilda will be a better coach than Ross Lyon, so he won't be able to get anymore out of them or get the team playing better than what Ross did, so the way they're coached can only get worse, 2.) the core of the group is past its physical peak, and 3.) the group bears scars of previous failed attempts which quells the burning desire to get back there.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, but I believe it. All this, however, all this, I could take, if I really believed Ross was all to blame for the way he left.

In the past few days, however, it has become clear that there are two sides to this story. Ross didn't just leave without being aggravated. No. The board is not the innocent victim who did everything right and were unfairly betrayed. No. Do you really think Ross Lyon, after 5 years of LOYAL service, would all of a sudden do something absolutely, completely and utterly out of character with everything he's displayed in the past 5 years for no reason at all, or just to be a prick? Of course not, at least, IMHO.

When Ross Lyon says "I was disrespected and offended by the board throughout the year," and Nettlefold says, "I don't know what he's talking about," who do you believe? Who has done more to earn our trust? Who is the more trustworthy character in general? Lyon, lyon and lyon again. Paul Roos says, "Lyon had reason to feel aggrieved at St.Kilda. The situation was untenable." Why would Roos make that up?

How many effing threads were there throughout the year that said, "the board should do the prudent thing and re-sign Lyon now." When we were 1-8, and Lyon said "I'm in for the long haul," we could've signed him up at a reasonable rate, it would have been a show of good faith in him by us to sign him when we were losing, he'd be happy, we'd be happy, and right now we'd all be enjoying a nice, quiet off-season for a change.

And then when word of the Melbourne offer came to light, and many, many people, not just on here, but in the media, said, "why, if you were the St.Kilda board, wouldn't you just sign him up now and end all the speculation and secure the short-medium term future of the club?" But they didn't.

And now they have egg ALL OVER THEIR FACE. And If they didn't sign him because they didn't rate him as a coach and think that they can get a better one or don't think he's right for us, then they should instantly resign or be forcibly removed on the grounds of gross incompetence.

It was the boards solemn duty to resign Ross Lyon beyond 2012. That's pretty much all they had to effing do to ensure the clubs continued strength. As a board, that was their main job. And they cocked it up fantastically. How on earth do they justify the year long delay they had in this area. No excuse is good enough for me.

And now Misson is gone. So we've lost one of the top 2-3 coaches, and one of the top 2-3 fitness gurus.

We're Gawn.

I won't be renewing my membership next year because I don't think the club deserves it. I'll go to a few games and support the players, and will continue to be hungry for a premiership, but now that the window is closed, I'll put footy aside for a bit and get on with my life. I'll watch us fall in the next few years and remember this watershed moment when the board COCKED UP by being weak and indecisive and ended 10 years of sustained success and hard work and set us back another 5 years from becoming the powerhouse club that St.Kilda should and will one day be. There will always be those who will say the board acted appropriately but the plain fact is, if and when our on-field success dissipates in the next few years, and if in fact it goes to absolute crap, cellar-dwellar territory, which it may well, we will all know that St.Kilda, yet again, has no one to blame but itself.
If u think we r gawn go join your brother Max at Melbourne. :shock:

Sing it loud and sing it proud but most of all hang around for this club will rise to claim the prize and then we will realise its not such a surprise. :-)
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
They saw the light.

Well said samoht.

The Cats are in the hunt again this year. Remember how just a few short years ago before Ross Lyon came along the Cats and Saints were vying for the position of next team with emerging young stars to challenge for a flag. Instead of The Saints being the next power alongside the Cats we were overtaken by smarter more accomplished coaches and clubs who had faith in teaching, developing and recruiting talent.

Any way you want to put a twist on the score or the closeness of our Gf's, we are still flagless. Lyon had at his disposal a fantastic leadership group of players who had served as captains in their own right and had bled for the club and were committed to doing whatever it took to try and make their own history. You can build premiership teams with half a dozen high draft picks and they were at their peak during this rats' coaching tenure.

Roo still is a fantastic captain and great role model as person and a professional footballer. I remember how nervous I was that we'd lose Roo before he committed to the club long term and when he signed, he stated he wanted to be at the Saints for the remainder of his palying career. At the time he made me realise we truly had a man of great character and a captain that would serve this club honourably and lead by example for all the youngsters coming into the team. You cannot expect the future leaders of St.Kilda to suddenly emerge next year and be blooded as future captains if they have not had exposure and games under their belt alongside Roo and his vice captains and deputies.

This is another lost opportunity in my book, because instead of Lyon utilising the captain and the quality of Dal and BJ and Lenny (and Banger up 'til 08) to blood younsters - he chose 'role players' instead.
Last edited by Scollop on Fri 23 Sep 2011 6:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:For what its worth Wallace just went over our list and reckons the window is still well and truly open for the next two years. New coach, new gameplan, new enthusiasm. Whether you think Wallace is a tosser or not its still good to hear
i have been saying the same thing. If we can get 10 to 15% improvement from the bottom end of our list and a good season from our elite players we are in the last 2 years of the window. the motivation to prove Ross wrong is invaluable, the attempt to show your best to a new coach will also put us back on track. A decent draw, a couple of kids coming on and we are in it. Look at West Coast a little bit of luck and some kids coming on and they are humming. We know what to expect and how to motivate ourselves. A coach that doesn't want to exit finals to pack would help too.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

barks4eva wrote:
samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
They saw the light.
Didn't hear you complaining in 2009 and 2010 when we went within a whisker of a premiership!

In one week according to this site Lyon has gone from a brilliant coach to the worst coach ever!

FUNNY STUFF!
Of course I was complaining .. there's no silverware and no second prize and to top it off he's shortchanged us with youth ,, with his short term fixes.
He has left us with lingering problems.
He was in charge of the best list and let Ball go... where's the silverware ?
Lingering pain and no gain... what a great coach !!
The best thing he did is disappear.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
They saw the light.

Well said samoht.

The Cats are in the hunt again this year. Remember how just a few short years ago before Ross Lyon came along the Cats and Saints were vying for the position of next team with emerging young stars to challenge for a flag. Instead of The Saints being the next power alongside the Cats we were overtaken by smarter more accomplished coaches and clubs who had faith in teaching, developing and recruiting talent.

Any way you want to put a twist on the score or the closeness of our Gf's, we are still flagless. Lyon had at his disposal a fantastic leadership group of players who had served as captains in their own right and had bled for the club and were committed to doing whatever it took to try and make their own history. You can build premiership teams with half a dozen high draft picks and they were at their peak during this rats' coaching tenure.

Roo still is a fantastic captain and great role model as person and a professional footballer. I remember how nervous I was that we'd lose Roo before he committed to the club long term and when he signed, he stated he wanted to be at the Saints for the remainder of his palying career. At the time he made me realise we truly had a man of great character and a captain that would serve this club honourably and lead by example for all the youngsters coming into the team. You cannot expect the future leaders of St.Kilda to suddenly emerge next year and be blooded as future captains if they have not had exposure and games under their belt alongside Roo and his vice captains and deputies.

This is another lost opportunity in my book, because instead of Lyon utilising the captain and the quality of Dal and BJ and Lenny and Banger up 'til 08 to blood younsters - he chose 'role players' instead.
It is not well said. It is crap and worst of all a lie. Sorry for writing to people who dont know footy. I apologise. And its a pity you and that other guy dont listen to our most successful coach who said RL is obviously a great coach because that list should not have made to GF's in 2 years.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:
samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
They saw the light.

Well said samoht.

This is another lost opportunity in my book, because instead of Lyon utilising the captain and the quality of Dal and BJ and Lenny and Banger up 'til 08 to blood younsters - he chose 'role players' instead.
It is not well said. It is crap and worst of all a lie. Sorry for writing to people who dont know footy. I apologise. And its a pity you and that other guy dont listen to our most successful coach who said RL is obviously a great coach because that list should not have made to GF's in 2 years.
I agree we shouldn't have made the GF in 2010 and Geelong had a better list but I don't agree that the Dogs had a better list in 2009. We beat them twice during the year including in the prelim and we won 19 game straight so sorry, I don't buy it. Pies were not better than us at that stage either.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:
samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
They saw the light.

Well said samoht.

I agree we shouldn't have made the GF in 2010 and Geelong had a better list but I don't agree that the Dogs had a better list in 2009. We beat them twice during the year including in the prelim and we won 19 game straight so sorry, I don't buy it. Pies were not better than us at that stage either.
We had a better game plan but that is due to our coach. We were the best side in 2009 but man for man we had other sides ahead of us and that is why I rate and many others, before he quit rated RL a great coach. Amazing that some of these morons now reckon he was a bad coach. Seriously what are they on.

kaos theory
Club Player

hungry for a premiership wrote:............
Pathetic. Good riddance!

You don't deserve to be a saints fan.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:
samoht wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
2010 draft

Elevated Simpkin

KEEP IT REAL!
They saw the light.

Well said samoht.

We had a better game plan but that is due to our coach. We were the best side in 2009 but man for man we had other sides ahead of us and that is why I rate and many others, before he quit rated RL a great coach. Amazing that some of these morons now reckon he was a bad coach. Seriously what are they on.
don't get me started but if you're the highest paid coach in the league there's probably a really good chance that you are a great coach unless you're Malcolm Blight of course.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

hungry for a premiership wrote:I know there has been shiploads of discussion on the whole Lyon saga, and I could've presented my views on another thread, but I've decided to spew it all out right here and now, for I have reached the end of my rope. I just need to get this last speil out before I go and say goodbye, partially, to the saints.

In the past week, since Ross up and left, I've run the whole gamut of emotions: from the initial utter shock that he was leaving after saying he was staying, through to outrage and anger at his apparent snake-like betrayal, to sadness that we were 1.) losing a great coach and that 2.) despite our success together and all the wonderful things that st.kilda fc and Ross achieved together, the partnership would ultimately be remembered as a failure and a tragedy, because the business was never finally finished.

Then, I got past all that sadness, and I actually found myself becoming excited. Excited and eager to see where we could go now, who our new coach will be, how the group will respond. I thought of how an ageing Geelong responded to a new coach this year. I thought about Hayes coming back and Roo getting a full pre-season and a dynamite new coach and I started believing again.

I've realised, now, though, that that excitement and confidence in the club was merely an overeaction and an over-positivisation to counteract the sadness caused by the reality that this St.Kilda team has been dealt a stunning, and I believe fatal, blow.

You can put as positive a spin on it as you like, many on here have done a great job of making it seem almost like the best possible thing that could've happened to us, like it's really great for the club, that Lyon was in fact holding us back with his defensive gameplan and conservative selection tendancies, and now that he's gone we can finally thrive... Bollocks.

We are goneskies, fellow saints. This team will not win a premiership. We will go down the ladder, and our current position as one of the more powerful clubs will be lost as we start to truly struggle again both on and off the field. We've just witnessed one of the best 10 year stints in the clubs history, and now it's all over, with lots of success, but no flag to show for it. Now this team is gone, and it's still going to be another couple of years before this team's time comes to an end and the club can start to build a new team to challenge. The party is over, folks. We were going down anyway, but at least we had a strong coach we could back in to guide us through to our next phase of success. Now we are rudderless, heading for rough seas without a captain.

We, as a club, at this point in time, have been completely and utterly cut down. It is simply impossible for this current St.Kilda team to get to the same levels it has previously gotten to, because 1.) there is no chance in buggery that the next coach of St.Kilda will be a better coach than Ross Lyon, so he won't be able to get anymore out of them or get the team playing better than what Ross did, so the way they're coached can only get worse, 2.) the core of the group is past its physical peak, and 3.) the group bears scars of previous failed attempts which quells the burning desire to get back there.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, but I believe it. All this, however, all this, I could take, if I really believed Ross was all to blame for the way he left.

In the past few days, however, it has become clear that there are two sides to this story. Ross didn't just leave without being aggravated. No. The board is not the innocent victim who did everything right and were unfairly betrayed. No. Do you really think Ross Lyon, after 5 years of LOYAL service, would all of a sudden do something absolutely, completely and utterly out of character with everything he's displayed in the past 5 years for no reason at all, or just to be a prick? Of course not, at least, IMHO.

When Ross Lyon says "I was disrespected and offended by the board throughout the year," and Nettlefold says, "I don't know what he's talking about," who do you believe? Who has done more to earn our trust? Who is the more trustworthy character in general? Lyon, lyon and lyon again. Paul Roos says, "Lyon had reason to feel aggrieved at St.Kilda. The situation was untenable." Why would Roos make that up?

How many effing threads were there throughout the year that said, "the board should do the prudent thing and re-sign Lyon now." When we were 1-8, and Lyon said "I'm in for the long haul," we could've signed him up at a reasonable rate, it would have been a show of good faith in him by us to sign him when we were losing, he'd be happy, we'd be happy, and right now we'd all be enjoying a nice, quiet off-season for a change.

And then when word of the Melbourne offer came to light, and many, many people, not just on here, but in the media, said, "why, if you were the St.Kilda board, wouldn't you just sign him up now and end all the speculation and secure the short-medium term future of the club?" But they didn't.

And now they have egg ALL OVER THEIR FACE. And If they didn't sign him because they didn't rate him as a coach and think that they can get a better one or don't think he's right for us, then they should instantly resign or be forcibly removed on the grounds of gross incompetence.

It was the boards solemn duty to resign Ross Lyon beyond 2012. That's pretty much all they had to effing do to ensure the clubs continued strength. As a board, that was their main job. And they cocked it up fantastically. How on earth do they justify the year long delay they had in this area. No excuse is good enough for me.

And now Misson is gone. So we've lost one of the top 2-3 coaches, and one of the top 2-3 fitness gurus.

We're Gawn.

I won't be renewing my membership next year because I don't think the club deserves it. I'll go to a few games and support the players, and will continue to be hungry for a premiership, but now that the window is closed, I'll put footy aside for a bit and get on with my life. I'll watch us fall in the next few years and remember this watershed moment when the board COCKED UP by being weak and indecisive and ended 10 years of sustained success and hard work and set us back another 5 years from becoming the powerhouse club that St.Kilda should and will one day be. There will always be those who will say the board acted appropriately but the plain fact is, if and when our on-field success dissipates in the next few years, and if in fact it goes to absolute crap, cellar-dwellar territory, which it may well, we will all know that St.Kilda, yet again, has no one to blame but itself.
Watch out the membership door doesn't slam into your arse on the way out and dislodges your dummie....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Rossco's timing was perfect when he came to us, and I reckon his timing was perfect when he pitched to Freo...

Best salesman has got nothing to do with best coach...neither has how much you are getting paid. Have a look at the cash being thrown at ex rugby players or a young fella after he's played 30 games of footy.

To all you RL followers, I want to let you know that your shepherd was good, but not great.

What an insult to our stars to say the list was ordinary when he took over. If you want to believe that myth that's up to you. I was not privvy to the inner workings of the Saints recruiting and selection committe, so I am assuming that just like any other senior coach, the buck stopped with Rossco!

Please explain to me without blaming Butters or GT or any other third party how; Instead of The Saints being the next power alongside the Cats we were overtaken by smarter more accomplished coaches and clubs who had faith in teaching, developing and recruiting talent.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Rossco's timing was perfect when he came to us, and I reckon his timing was perfect when he pitched to Freo...

Best salesman has got nothing to do with best coach...neither has how much you are getting paid. Have a look at the cash being thrown at ex rugby players or a young fella after he's played 30 games of footy.

To all you RL followers, I want to let you know that your shepherd was good, but not great.

What an insult to our stars to say the list was ordinary when he took over. If you want to believe that myth that's up to you. I was not privvy to the inner workings of the Saints recruiting and selection committe, so I am assuming that just like any other senior coach, the buck stopped with Rossco!

Please explain to me without blaming Butters or GT or any other third party how; Instead of The Saints being the next power alongside the Cats we were overtaken by smarter more accomplished coaches and clubs who had faith in teaching, developing and recruiting talent.
Those clubs weren't in love with role playing hacks, hence, they put time and effort into the development of their young players....

with the hindsight of failure it's a pity we didn't do the same thing...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

We're Gawn.

i have only one word to describe your post.....no make that three...

bull f****** s***....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
QuestionOfAccuracy
Club Player

hungry for a premiership wrote:

+1

Finally some sanity on this forum!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:My loyalty is non negotiable. Go Saints!
+ 1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bozza1980
Club Player

Richter wrote:A long, thought out post, which can be summed up in one word... SOFT.

Of course the window's going to close at some stage for this group. It's the nature of the way the competition works. No team can continually make finals year after year after year. Therein lies the real reason RL left. Like you, he is not up for the challenge when a much easier is available elsewhere. For some people supporting a team on the decline is too hard. They are called fair weather fans... and you are a prime example.

Because of the unevenness in our list, we are more likely to bottom out rather than quickly rebound, but that is by no means certain. Anyhow, you can watch from the sidelines.
Very true.

By the very nature of the competition there will be moments in time where we will not be contenders for the flag.

The club was a bounce of the ball away from delivering us a flag two years in a row. They have played in 7 of the last 8 finals series, and been in the final four six times in the last 8 years.

Yep, the next couple of years are going to hurt after this level of sustained success but just like everything in life, there are good times and bad times when it comes to supporting a football club.

But to declare the club doesn't deserve your money because they are about to suffer the AFL inflicted wounds of sustained success is a bit sh1tty.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

We're Gawn.

HTFU, SOFTCOCK!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!