Jon Anderson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
clarky449 wrote:
Little Dozer wrote:
clarky449 wrote:People just hate it when Journos say one bad thing about the club. Quite sad.
I find it unacceptable that biased flogs like Anderson continue to bag our club.
He is hardly bagging.
Saints need North's pick 25 to get Everitt

Pies will trade Wellingham to North for their pick 25 (to give to Saints)

Wellingham wants to go to North.

North refuse and use pick 25 to take a kid in the Draft.

Wellingham becomes a very good Premiership player.

So my question is:

Why doesn't any one question North's decision making process?
Because they arent in the news at the moment.
Perhaps not at the moment. But it's been almost 12 months since Wellingham arrived on the big stage and in that time I've only ever heard the Saints judgement questioned.

bozza1980
Club Player

Little Dozer wrote:
clarky449 wrote:People just hate it when Journos say one bad thing about the club. Quite sad.
I find it unacceptable that biased flogs like Anderson continue to bag our club.
I love the media's reporting of this.

Depending on what mood the journalist is in you can get:

- St Kilda were stupid for not rating Ball
- St Kilda were stupid for overating Ball when trade week came around
- How stupid are St Kilda for letting a number 2 draft pick go
- How stupid are St Kilda for wanting more than pick 30

Or you can Mike Sheehan's article late last year which suggested that it was obvious we didn't want him because Ball left us to play at Collingwood for less money. Yes that's right, the club that obviously wanted him offered him less money than the club that didn't want him.

How about an article about how stupid Melbourne were in not taking Ball in the draft?

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

Oh and I dislike Jon Anderson.

Especially when he is on The Back Page sprouting his stupid opinions as those of every Victorian.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
PaytonPlace
Club Player

Surely this isn't hard for people to work out

Sharrod Wellingham is a good player now (I would say)

At the end of the 2009 season, his own captain and club thought he was lazy and ill disciplined

They expressed frustrations as to why he wasn't living up to his potential

Butt kicked at being close to being traded, he worked hard to turn his career around

Simple surely: At the time he was offered for trade, he was Sharrod Wellingham 2009, not Sharrod Wellingham of now

Ando....comments?

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I didn't think Sharrod Weelingham was worth a cracker until GF2.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

degruch wrote:I didn't think Sharrod Weelingham was worth a cracker until GF2.
I wish more people realised that, I really do....

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Here are the facts that I have had confirmed with a club inside (not a coach, ceo or anybody high up, but somebody that has a very good track record.)

St Kilda was never offered Sharrod Wellingham, he was offered to North Melbourne.

The deal was going to be Wellingham to North for Pick 25.
Pick 25 to St Kilda for Ball.
Pick 25 to the Dogs for Everitt.

But The dogs said they would only do it if North Melbourne raised their pick to pick 21. North refused, the whole deal collapsed.

We were then offered Tyson Goldsack on the last day, which we asked for day 1. But in the last day of trading we had now added Brett Peake and Andrew Lovett and Tyson Goldsack was no longer an attractive option. We also tried getting Nathan Brown but were turned down.

I don't understand how incompetent fools can have such an easy job with absolutely no accountability. Seriously when was the last time you heard of a journo losing his job for flat out talking out of their arse? it's ridiculous.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Here are the facts that I have had confirmed with a club inside (not a coach, ceo or anybody high up, but somebody that has a very good track record.)

St Kilda was never offered Sharrod Wellingham, he was offered to North Melbourne.

The deal was going to be Wellingham to North for Pick 25.
Pick 25 to St Kilda for Ball.
Pick 25 to the Dogs for Everitt.

But The dogs said they would only do it if North Melbourne raised their pick to pick 21. North refused, the whole deal collapsed.

We were then offered Tyson Goldsack on the last day, which we asked for day 1. But in the last day of trading we had now added Brett Peake and Andrew Lovett and Tyson Goldsack was no longer an attractive option. We also tried getting Nathan Brown but were turned down.

I don't understand how incompetent fools can have such an easy job with absolutely no accountability. Seriously when was the last time you heard of a journo losing his job for flat out talking out of their arse? it's ridiculous.
And if he were to somehow go on and win a Brownlow it would all be about how the Saints, who he wouldn't agree to, knocked him back rather than how North, where he wanted to go, knocked him back. :roll:

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
degruch wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Wasn't he in YES?
Yup, or Jethro Tull...I always get them confused. All those drugs in the 60's/70's seem to have effected his journalism.
That was Ian.

Could stand on one leg and play flute.

A required skill in a 70's folk rock band.
Could he play Classical Gas? :wink: 8-)
he would often emit Classical Gas

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Of course no journalist questions how Luke Ball was still there at pick 30, especially after Melbourne, Richmond and Essendon had shown interest in recruiting him.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.