Good Riddance Channel 10

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Schillaci
Club Player

Re: Good Riddance Channel 10

Sainternist wrote: I would like to say Good Riddance to the following - Robert Walls, Steven Quartermain, Anthony Hudson, Tim Lane, Luke Darcy, Malcolm Blight, Michael Christian
Robert Walls = no valuable insight, Lyon lover, scum maggot
Quartermain = knob jockey ar$e lick who is painful to listen too, a boring commentator
Hudson = sub human, even more painful to listen to than Quarters
Lane = anti Saints, scum maggot
Darcy = netball commentator
Blight = after his coaching stint with us who in their right mind as a Saints supporter really wants him commentating on games and about us. His insight doesn't matter.
Christian = monkey, puppett...fair dinkum How has he had a job in TV for so long?

No loss to the TV football world if we never see or hear from them again.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

perfectionist wrote:Channel 0 covered the football in 1966 (Phil Gibbs and Co), so I can't understand why they didn't include a few clips of that year.
They certainly didnt telecast the G.F. replay that year. Channel 7, with Mike Williamson, Butch Gale & Ted Whitten had the honours there.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Channel 0 covered the football in 1966 (Phil Gibbs and Co), so I can't understand why they didn't include a few clips of that year.
See below
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 25 Sep 2011 1:03pm, edited 2 times in total.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
They certainly didnt telecast the G.F. replay that year. Channel 7, with Mike Williamson, Butch Gale & Ted Whitten had the honours there.
I suppose you mean telecast replay of the GF, Channel 0 did as did Channels 2 and 9. In 1965 and 1966, all four TV stations provided replays of VFL games (no direct telecasts then, they did from 1957 to 1960, but of the last quarter only). Bits of Channel 9's 1966 replay remain (with Tony Charlton) as do bits of Channel 2's (with Ken Dakin). In 1967, Channel 0 began to telecast VFA games which were held on a Sunday. Channel 7 also did the VFA finals live in 1967, and that lasted a few years. Channel 0 concentrated on VFA games from then on. Channel 9 continued to do VFL until 1971 (our GF loss must have been the last straw). Channel 2 continued to do VFL replays after the 7pm news until they changed the format to an edited highlight version, called The Winners, shown later that night originally and then during the week. This lasted (I think) until 1988, when Channel 7 regained the exclusive rights. Channel 2 had done the 1987 season exclusively, following a dispute between Seven and Broadcom (who held the rights). Channel 9 finally got back into TV footy in 2001, along with Channel 10. It reverted to Seven and 10 in 2007.
Last edited by perfectionist on Sun 25 Sep 2011 4:19pm, edited 5 times in total.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Schillaci wrote:
Sainternist wrote: I would like to say Good Riddance to the following - Robert Walls, Steven Quartermain, Anthony Hudson, Tim Lane, Luke Darcy, Malcolm Blight, Michael Christian
Quartermain = knob jockey ar$e lick who is painful to listen too, a boring commentator
Blight = after his coaching stint with us who in their right mind as a Saints supporter really wants him commentating on games and about us. His insight doesn't matter.
Christian = monkey, puppett...fair dinkum How has he had a job in TV for so long?

Now we may have to listen to even more of d**khead Dwayne Russell on Foxtel, not to mention the big boof head Brian Taylor.

Fair dinkum, we can't win either way. :roll:

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
Schillaci wrote:

Now we may have to listen to even more of d**khead Dwayne Russell on Foxtel, not to mention the big boof head Brian Taylor.

That's Crazy Good :shock: :shock: :shock:

Saintsational Legend

anyone hear Darcy's swipe at StKilda fans last week on One Week At A Time

good luck with nothing for the rest of your life, you Robert Walls brown nosing wannabe. Terry Wallace has your number

Schillaci
Club Player

Jacks Back wrote:
Schillaci wrote:

Dwayne Russell is another tossbag but BT I find entertaining...at least I used to when he called for MMM.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

There is not a single TV network who are interested in St K purely because we are percieved to play dour football.

IMO GC tailor their gameplan to be attractive when they lose. It makes business sense. More TV time is more cash in the coffers.

That's how it is.

Sad but imo true.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think Darcy has been signed by Ch.7 for 2012....... :shock:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
lefty
Club Player

TBH, I didn't mind 10.

They played their games usually live, and in full HD.

Same can't be said for Channel 7 $$$$$$$

Mackaysaint
Club Player

Schillaci wrote:

I agree with almost everything here - except I thought Hudson was professional, generally unbiased and good

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
IMO GC tailor their gameplan to be attractive when they lose. It makes business sense.
Yep, all those massive beltings they got were superbly tailored. What master plan. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Carna Saints!!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:TBH, I didn't mind 10.

They played their games usually live, and in full HD.

Same can't be said for Channel 7 $$$$$$$
Exactly, well they were HD sometimes when 1 existed!

If you don't like the commentary, turn the sound off.

TV is about the picture not the sound FFS!

It's all about live footy. Give me that and the worst commentary ever Vs the best in the business on delay.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SteveStevens66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
IMO GC tailor their gameplan to be attractive when they lose. It makes business sense.
Yep, all those massive beltings they got were superbly tailored. What master plan. :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's part of their start up manifesto. Kamikaze footy. Attack from deep or die trying. Don't believe me, go watch them train and/or speak to anyone who works at the club. They rarely if ever dropped a spare man back to stodge up their back half and that creates opportunities both ways for running players.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Also won't have to see Maher climaxing on the boundary while watching buddy, ravioli and Gouger Judd

ThePunter
Club Player

IIRC, the Troy Schwarze goal v Brisbane was on Channel 10, as was the 2002 draw v Sydney and the Harvey game (QF v Adel 2005).

They could have done better.