Seaford can be even better than Seaford.

spert wrote:As long a there's a pie shop, pub and a milk bar, then that's all players need..it's footy after all. I couldn't imagine Yabby, Doc, Cowboy and co sitting down to a latte and foccacia when they were working through the '66 season to the eventual premiership!!
We need a nut waxing unit, teeth whitening facilities, hair and nail girls, spray tan, hand roasted peruvian coffee merchant, ego masuese and we may be able to keep one or two b grade players. we should torch the thing train in the moorabin car park and call it quits that may harden them up old school style. They can run laps with a car tyre tied to their waist.

Re: Seaford can be even better than Seaford

samuraisaint wrote:...
P.S. Love that Lucky Burgers signature dude! My dad used to buy those fantastic flat burgers from there when we lived on Hampton St back in the 70's. Can still taste em... best hamburgers in the history of the world.
Lucky Burgers was gold!

Always a goer after Night Watch/Rockerfellas/Jakes/Mint.

Luckies was iconic as the statue over the road.

I'm tipping that players recruited from the country, or interstate (WA for instance) couldn't give a rat's tossbag where we train, as long as the ammenities are up to scratch, which they are at Seaford.
There was bound to be relocation issues, but personally, I reckon the move is the club acknowledging that the St Kilda support around that area is big and will grow.
The demographic around Highett, Cheltenham and Parkdale is largely baby boomer, and already died in the wool St Kilda barrackers if they follow footy, while all the bohos around St Kilda are just as likely to come from interstate as Victoria anyway.
Gotta base yourself where the kids are growing up to keep building membership.
Of course, a Flag would help too.

Verdun66

I dropped in to Linton Street last year on my trip home. I was frankly embarrassed. Old dilapidated structures, temporary buildings, portakabins...it was a mess. Dark horrible pokies room....

Over time Seaford will be worth it.

3 things (if possible) I'd like to see them install at Seaford.
1) some tennis courts, good relaxation for the players and will keep them fit whilst blowing of some steam.
2) An out door Basketball court, same reasons as above.
3) An Athletics track, this would be ideal for training sessions where all they are doing is sprints and distance running. Plus the spongy surface is far better on the legs than concrete or a hard ground.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
BigMart wrote:There is a great cafe on the beachfront at seaford beach.....maybe the yuppie tools who are on the list dont know its there...

Serves nice food an a good latte
FINALLY!!!!!
Personally I like my food on a plate, not on top of, or in, my coffee.

Re: Seaford can be even better than Seaford

Leo.J wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:...
P.S. Love that Lucky Burgers signature dude! My dad used to buy those fantastic flat burgers from there when we lived on Hampton St back in the 70's. Can still taste em... best hamburgers in the history of the world.
Lucky Burgers was gold!

Always a goer after Night Watch/Rockerfellas/Jakes/Mint.

Luckies was iconic as the statue over the road.
It was called dog watch not night watch. And Lucky Burgers was great.

ando051

mr six o'clock wrote:Seaford is a great place , whenever people are forced to move , there is always a certain reluctance !
but in a couple of years everyone will love the place .
property values are overall lower down that way so players should take advantage of that and make their paychecks go further .
Also plenty of good nightspots like 21st century dance club :lol:
I think the 21st went belly up, that was the club i ended up at after being thrown out of all the other clubs for being to "Socially Confused" when i was a kid. :shock:

I think it will get better down at Seaford, Don't forget all the current players would be living up near Moorabbin so when new player start at the club they will be moving closer to Seaford. The completed Peninsula Link Freeway will also help with an off ramp at Seaford Rd.

What the current training facility lacks is facilities for the supporters to use. I asked the CEO at the AGM was there plans to put in a merchandise shop there for supporter to purchase, he stated to me they had found a location and it would be set up in 6 months. As far as i know that has not happen.

Also putting a mount around the ground would be good for open training season viewing.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint

White Winmar wrote:
Mrs_Seaford_Saint wrote:
BigMart wrote:There is a great cafe on the beachfront at seaford beach.....maybe the yuppie tools who are on the list dont know its there...

Serves nice food an a good latte
FINALLY!!!!!
Personally I like my food on a plate, not on top of, or in, my coffee.
Well I don't like hair in my food which is what I got at Finz - happens everywhere.

saint-stu

Was moorabbin really that much better? From what I've seen, it was also surrounded by houses and many of them quite run down these days.

And are there that many cafe's around there?

I would have thought they would still have to drive to somewhere like Bentleigh or Brighton. So what's the issue with driving to Mt Eliza?

Here's my vote for fantastic food and coffee:
http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/li ... ount-eliza

1ac46a38

saint-stu wrote:Was moorabbin really that much better? From what I've seen, it was also surrounded by houses and many of them quite run down these days.

And are there that many cafe's around there?

I would have thought they would still have to drive to somewhere like Bentleigh or Brighton. So what's the issue with driving to Mt Eliza?

Here's my vote for fantastic food and coffee:
http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/li ... ount-eliza
I actually drove down to Aspendale from St Kilda the other day and it is a long way if you go and come back for arvo sessions. I don't commute so am not so used to it. Maybe they need a players area that is like a relaxation and recreation area. Maybe somewhere to have a lie down and do some time alone would be good too.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/saint ... 1117508958

"It is understood Frankston Council has committed about $3.8 million to the Belvedere Park project. "

This is what I was referring to in my OP. It is not just the Saints that have a big investment in this but also Frankston Council.

Aside from the significant money involved there is also the reason why they lured the Saints. Presumably for the prestige associated in having an AFL club based within your boundaries.

It does no one any good to have the venue continually talked down, whether in the media, in the pub or on forums such as this.

Both the club AND the council need to work to improve the reality and the image of life at Belvedere Park.

Listen to the players concerns, highlight the benefits of the area, make improvements where necessary........

We're there and we're staying. Make it work everybody!

I was at Linen House Centre the other day.....plenty of renovation work still going on......seems to be on the adjacent existing facilities...probably trying to improve the overall look and blend.....

Dr Spaceman wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/saint ... 1117508958

"It is understood Frankston Council has committed about $3.8 million to the Belvedere Park project. "

This is what I was referring to in my OP. It is not just the Saints that have a big investment in this but also Frankston Council.

Aside from the significant money involved there is also the reason why they lured the Saints. Presumably for the prestige associated in having an AFL club based within your boundaries.

It does no one any good to have the venue continually talked down, whether in the media, in the pub or on forums such as this.

Both the club AND the council need to work to improve the reality and the image of life at Belvedere Park.

Listen to the players concerns, highlight the benefits of the area, make improvements where necessary........

Hard to make it work when the club don't want supporters there and if the kids need to pee they have to go in the bushes. There is absolutely nothing there for members. They've even made the fence so high that kids can't even see over it.
Don't pick on the members and supporters.

saintbrat wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Players should move down there, buy sh*t hot houses, and enjoy the peninsula, and forget about Melbourne. Same as Geelong.
many have or are...
But it so far for the spoiled young boys to travel to get to Crown and their favourite night spots.
Where can they find classy sophisticated blonde trophy WAGS in Frankston.

ace wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
millarsaint wrote:Players should move down there, buy sh*t hot houses, and enjoy the peninsula, and forget about Melbourne. Same as Geelong.
many have or are...
But it so far for the spoiled young boys to travel to get to Crown and their favourite night spots.
They only found a brunette so far.

Mrs_Seaford_Saint

ace wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
many have or are...
They only found a brunette so far.
I knew I should have run her over when I had the chance!!!

Dr Spaceman wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/saint ... 1117508958

Hard to make it work when the club don't want supporters there and if the kids need to pee they have to go in the bushes. There is absolutely nothing there for members. They've even made the fence so high that kids can't even see over it.
Don't pick on the members and supporters.
They actually put portable toilets there last time, thankfully.

Agree about the fence, they need to either open a section with no signage, or build something that the kids can stand up on to look over.