I'm so angry at Bruce McEvaney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Are people happy with anything? And we complain about papers being negative.
Are you ever happy with this forum?

I think you need to find something more up your alley.
Mate everyone of your posts are whinging about something so maybe you should have a good look in the mirror. Be careful not to look to hard you will probably get scared.
And every one of your posts are whinging about other people whinging!

If you don't like people whining, then perhaps a forum is not the place for you! That's pretty much what forums are all about.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Johnny Member wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Are people happy with anything? And we complain about papers being negative.
Are you ever happy with this forum?

I think you need to find something more up your alley.
Mate everyone of your posts are whinging about something so maybe you should have a good look in the mirror. Be careful not to look to hard you will probably get scared.
Here ya go:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

McAvaney's a twerp.

This is just another example of his relevance to anything ...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markinUSA
SS Life Member

If you go back over my history of posts, I would say that I am positive in my comments, and not negative, 99% of the time.

But it is a very tough time in my life, and I find myself getting upset at the most minor things. So I vented to check if I heard it right, which I didn't.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I like Bruce and thought he did a good job last night. I certainly couldnt care what he said.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
PaytonPlace
Club Player

markinUSA wrote:If you go back over my history of posts, I would say that I am positive in my comments, and not negative, 99% of the time.

But it is a very tough time in my life, and I find myself getting upset at the most minor things. So I vented to check if I heard it right, which I didn't.
Don't worry about it mate....not a problem

Having seen some of Bruces, ahem, camper work in some old Sportsworld ads on Youtube, there's plenty of material to get annoyed at him about! Image

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

markinUSA wrote:If you go back over my history of posts, I would say that I am positive in my comments, and not negative, 99% of the time.

A forum is a place to vent. Saintly heaven knows I have done it enough recently.

As for Bruce, I have grown to find him annoying in the last few years, but my impersonation of 'delicious' certainly got a few laughs last night. Unfortunately, I was alone.....

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Only saw part of the Brownlow coverage, but happened to hear that part with Dal Santo, no big deal, but not impressed by it.
McAvaney is generally a massive try-hard. :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I thought it was rather funny, I even smiled after Bruce said it.....
The comment didn't seem to bother Dal one little bit, I think he knew he wasn't going to beat Swan...
Exactly. A little tongue in cheek from Bruce. I definitely don't think he is a St.Kilda hater.

Perhaps we should have Luke Darcy presenting the Brownlow instead? *shudder*

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm so angry at Bruce McEvaney

markinUSA wrote:As Dal said he would finish his beer, McEvaney made a slur about him doing that and St Kilda's "culture". I was irate.

Dirty little slur from a man gerserving very little respect.

the guys a turd....and a little turd at that.....prior to that he was ignoring dal coming up the list......creep.....makes my skin crawl ....does that little prick

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: I'm so angry at Bruce McEvaney

stinger wrote:
markinUSA wrote:As Dal said he would finish his beer, McEvaney made a slur about him doing that and St Kilda's "culture". I was irate.

Dirty little slur from a man gerserving very little respect.

the guys a turd....and a little turd at that.....prior to that he was ignoring dal coming up the list......creep.....makes my skin crawl ....does that little prick
Is there anyone you like? Seriously you are one very sad man and you also speak so well.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no you were right the first time.....when i heard it i thought...you prick.....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 27 Sep 2011 7:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joffa 5
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote: my impersonation of 'delicious' certainly got a few laughs last night. Unfortunately, I was alone.....
Very good :lol:

Moolie
Club Player

Rosco wrote:yeah, not offended. now if he said "spoken like a true saint, as long as you follow it up with another 15 beers and finish the night in the clink" then i may not be that happy about it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

martymcfly_86
Club Player

I was proud of Bruce's comment. It was bloody funny and Dal pissed his pants laughing when he heard it! It was a tongue in cheek comment referring to days long gone by.

At least Dal has a decent sense of humour! His suspenders attest to it!

"Whoa Doc, this is heavy." - Marty McFly following Ross Lyon's departure
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

you wouldn't leave Bruce at home with your kids face it

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:you wouldn't leave Bruce at home with your kids face it
Why?

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Why?
He'd bore them to sleep with statistics. Perfect babysitter.

patientladysaint
Club Player

MarkinUSA i hope things get better for you . Tomorrow is another day - and hopefully a lot of good ones lay ahead...

Waiting somewhat patiently. When it comes, another St Kilda Premiership will be all the sweeter for the wait. GO SAINTS ! ! !
PaytonPlace
Club Player

There's just no way you can stay mad at this bloke surely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEQDtIg6za8

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
stinger
Saintsational Legend

no way........but then there are a few on here i wouldn't trust with my kids...or my mother...and shes dead.... :evil:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

On a slightly different tack, I thought the way he handled the Sam Mitchell inability to win and therefore his absence was handled so poorly.

Describing the scenario of Mitchell, at that stage, as he discussed the issue with Luke Hodge "as the elephant in the room" was maybe a topic best left unsaid. Hodge looked uncomfortable and wanted to be anywhere else rather answer McAvaney's stupid questions.

The Mitchell family have closer personal issues with the health of their babies, so do you think Sam Mitchell is going to worry about missing out on the Brownlow?

PaytonPlace
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:On a slightly different tack, I thought the way he handled the Sam Mitchell inability to win and therefore his absence was handled so poorly.

Describing the scenario of Mitchell, at that stage, as he discussed the issue with Luke Hodge "as the elephant in the room" was maybe a topic best left unsaid. Hodge looked uncomfortable and wanted to be anywhere else rather answer McAvaney's stupid questions.

The Mitchell family have closer personal issues with the health of their babies, so do you think Sam Mitchell is going to worry about missing out on the Brownlow?
I thought Luke Hodge handled it beautifully though, thought he was very classy

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

PaytonPlace wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:On a slightly different tack, I thought the way he handled the Sam Mitchell inability to win and therefore his absence was handled so poorly.

I agree, Hodge did handle the situation well, but McAvaney should have never have asked him questions about Sam Mitchell.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
PaytonPlace wrote:

I agree, Hodge did handle the situation well, but McAvaney should have never have asked him questions about Sam Mitchell.
He had to. It was a story. The guy was leading the brownlow but couldnt win it. They couldnt ignore that.