Nettlefold is winning me back

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-disp ... -on-138481

Nettlefold said he expects Lyon's move to have no bearing on the club's prospects of retaining its key support staff.

"Dave Missen, our head of conditioning will be with the club for some time, he's contracted," Nettlefold said.

"The club from an organisational perspective is in great shape."

FOUR DAYS LATER MISSEN WALKS!

oh dear

jaxons
Club Player

$750,000 a year.
More than Greg Swann and only Brian Cook gets more!!!
What a joke!
He can't speak without stuttering.
And if you listen closely to Greg Westaway speak in public he gets nervous and says "right" every third word!!
Agree Barks....pack of clowns and unfortunately with leaders like that it filters down the whole club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-disp ... -on-138481

Nettlefold said he expects Lyon's move to have no bearing on the club's prospects of retaining its key support staff.

"Dave Missen, our head of conditioning will be with the club for some time, he's contracted," Nettlefold said.

oh dear
Barks, give your nurse a buzz.

Get her to locate your phone. It may be on the wall or on the table next to your bed.

Then ask her to call:

:P

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Yeah just another parasite...

jaxons wrote:$750,000 a year.
More than Greg Swann and only Brian Cook gets more!!!
What a joke!
He can't speak without stuttering.
And if you listen closely to Greg Westaway speak in public he gets nervous and says "right" every third word!!
Agree Barks....pack of clowns and unfortunately with leaders like that it filters down the whole club.
Sounds familiar doesn't it these so called people with nothing but the clubs best interests at heart. They are there for one reason and one reason only and that is 'greed', just like Grant THOMAS. Fleecing the club they so called love and support what a joke!

To manage the club to a 2 million loss whilst putting his hand out for 750k is nothing short of disgraceful. F.....n parasite !

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Its the etihad factor not nettlefold

Megamaguire
Club Player

Just IGNORE the murdoch fantasy spinners !

Eastern said
"The ongoing war between St Kilda FC and the combination of The Herald-Sun & The Nine Network (real or perceived) needs to be sorted out as a matter of priority !!"

For the el cheapo murdoch rag the saints being less than perfect is the perfect sports journalism story (ie) lazy, stereotypical and consciously inaccurate.

I wouldn't worry about their 12 year old pitched 'stories'.
They are not really journalists working under murdoch.

Better to focus on building a geelong type program with all its successful aspects and to keep working at installing a stable and creative board that can reverse financial threats like awful stadium deals and sponsorship challenges.

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Better coach than jeans?
Lost a coach who put a gun to his head.
Recruited best recruiting guy in the business.
Finances were ass pounded by afl etihad deal. Whixh I admit is a serious issue.
Does not deserve his take home pay. But has one year to show his worth. After that he can f off.
Yes he was a better coach than Jeans.
Many people believe Jeans did not get the maximum result for the talent at his disposal.
Ross did.
And he lost a coach because he treated him like a commodity, and not a valued employee.
In the end he put a deal to Ross that Ross had wanted for months, but it was too late.....completely stuffed it up....and he had no back-up plan.
One thing when negotiating a better position is to have a fallback of strength, Nettlefold did not.
And if the finances are pounded by Etihad deal....whose job is to fix that???
Archie Fraser was arguably the worst administrator seen at AFL level, Nettlefold can now hold a candle with him.
And for him to also sit on the board is a complete disgrace.
At least we have a strong president in Greg "Right" Westaway!!!
He hasn't spoken to Ross Lyon in 2011.
Not sure why we just can't go and buy Brian Cook.
He would be earning less than Nettlefold, I know Greg Swan earns significantly less than Nettlefold.
What a joke we have become again.
what a terrible bulls*** post ..... :roll: :roll: :evil: ...judas is not fit to clean the great man's shoes ffs,.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Ahh B4E banging on in big bolded letters again.................... a sure sign this thread is not worth reading anymore!

oh dear

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
jaxons
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Quote:
Better coach than jeans?
Does not deserve his take home pay. But has one year to show his worth. After that he can f off.

Many people believe Jeans did not get the maximum result for the talent at his disposal.
Ross did.
And he lost a coach because he treated him like a commodity, and not a valued employee.
In the end he put a deal to Ross that Ross had wanted for months, but it was too late.....completely stuffed it up....and he had no back-up plan.
One thing when negotiating a better position is to have a fallback of strength, Nettlefold did not.
Archie Fraser was arguably the worst administrator seen at AFL level, Nettlefold can now hold a candle with him.
He would be earning less than Nettlefold, I know Greg Swan earns significantly less than Nettlefold.

what a terrible bulls*** post ..... ...judas is not fit to clean the great man's shoes ffs,....
Stinger
Ross Lyon did not leave our club for money.
That is spin by Nettlefold to cover up the real reasons.
He did not get much more than what we eventually offered him.
He got more out of his playing list in terms of talent than Jeans did at St.Kilda, so in my opinion is a better coach.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Quote:
Better coach than jeans?

Ross did.

what a terrible bulls*** post ..... ...judas is not fit to clean the great man's shoes ffs,....
Stinger
Ross Lyon did not leave our club for money.
That is spin by Nettlefold to cover up the real reasons.
He did not get much more than what we eventually offered him.
He got more out of his playing list in terms of talent than Jeans did at St.Kilda, so in my opinion is a better coach.
wtf...bs mate !

lyon had massive amount of debt and part of his contract terms with freo is to receive 1.5 mill up front to pay off the debt

plus...

we offered 2.6 mill over 4 yrs

freo are paying him a reported 5 mill over 4 yrs, add the up front payment

jaxons
Club Player

Really??
You have seen the contract have you??

noreason41
Club Player

jaxons wrote:Really??
You have seen the contract have you??
Ross Lyon basically came out and said as much....

jaxons
Club Player

So Ross said Freo are paying him $1.5m up front did he??
I remember that Freo said they wouldn't discuss his salary.
Let me promise you one thing and that is Ross did not leave for money.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:

oh dear
Ahh B4E banging on in big bolded letters again.................... a sure sign this thread is not worth reading anymore!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

You've given us the reasons that didn't influence his decision jaxons, are you going to share the ones that did?

jaxons
Club Player

SainterK
Have you been paying attention to this thread at all?
Have a good read of some of my previous posts on this thread and see if that answers your question.
Cheers

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:SainterK
Have a good read of some of my previous posts on this thread and see if that answers your question.
Cheers
So you're saying he left because he didn't like a valued employee?

I find that strange, given he seemed to have an insane amount of control.

Maybe he is just difficult to get along with?

Quite often recently he has been quoted as saying 'well, those closest to me would understand' as a way of explaining his behaviour.

Well who's at fault that he only has a few close to him, maybe he is the common denominator?

The manner in which he isolated the club, closed training, made the players feel like supporters where 'outside' of the bubble in an 'us and them' type scenario....doesn't really paint him as a people person.

Treat others how you would like to be treated and all that.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
jaxons wrote:SainterK
Cheers
So you're saying he left because he didn't like a valued employee?

I find that strange, given he seemed to have an insane amount of control.

Maybe he is just difficult to get along with?

Quite often recently he has been quoted as saying 'well, those closest to me would understand' as a way of explaining his behaviour.

Well who's at fault that he only has a few close to him, maybe he is the common denominator?

The manner in which he isolated the club, closed training, made the players feel like supporters where 'outside' of the bubble in an 'us and them' type scenario....doesn't really paint him as a people person.

Treat others how you would like to be treated and all that.
+1

jaxson you're the minority here, from a st kilda point of view as well as a neutral supporter point of view, and you call yourself a saints supporter !

ross has been painted to be the 'bad guy' in these set of circumstances, and for good reason. he accepted a contract that the board put in front of him only to sign off on another hours later

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Its the etihad factor not nettlefold

Yeah, that's why we have lost 2 million dollars every year since we moved there!

Do the maths and you'll find that the squares are rooted!

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Just been reading the mailbox and one of the questions was if Ross will coach us next year

"There is no doubt that Ross Lyon will be the coach of the St Kilda Football Club next year. Ross is contracted to the end of the 2012 season and the Club is fully committed to Ross. We have full confidence in the direction which he is taking the Football Club. Ross has had great success with the Club and we believe he is the right person to continue to steer the direction of our on field performance.

LOL

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

jaxons wrote:
Better coach than jeans?
Ross did.
The CEO is on the f**kin Board!!!! CONFLICT!!! What a conflict and remarkably inappropriate. Also, $750,000 is an outrageous salary for the CEO of an Organisation the size of StK FC. And they mucked Lyon around!!!!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Jaxons seems to have come 0n board since Judas" departure and seems to know a lot about the DOG's motives for leaving, Can we check his whereabouts are not in the West, has anybody seen him & Judas together? (Clark Kent/Superman?)

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
barks4eva wrote:When the club turns into the next Port Adelaide sometime this decade it will be wholly and solely a net result of the buffoonery these clueless goofballs have inflicted!
Does that mean we get to win a flag?

Sweet 8-)
No but eventually will crack it for a wooden spoon when the Giants get their s*** together!
I share your deep concern B4E & Jaxsons. We can only hope Nettlefold is capable of at least asking, with some conviction, Malthouse if he wants to Coach us and hope that he says yes. Then quit while he's ahead. We can also hope that Ameet Bains was joking or playing ducks and drakes, in the article below:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

jaxons
Club Player

whiskers3614
Club Player

Posted: Thu 06 Oct 2011 10:45pm    Post subject:
Jaxons seems to have come 0n board since Judas" departure and seems to know a lot about the DOG's motives for leaving, Can we check his whereabouts are not in the West, has anybody seen him & Judas together? (Clark Kent/Superman?)
Yes Whiskas I am really Ross Lyon!!
FYI have been a member here since 2005 but something went wrong with my login so joined again.
Agree we should get Malthouse but we are too weak as a club you'll that off.