If I was Pelchen, I would be pushing Freo for this deal.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:What about Farren Ray and Zac Dawson for Zac Clarke straight swap??
Or even those two for Fyffe and we get a second rounder from Freo.
maybe they'll throw in enough cash with that deal so we can begin a cloning program and grow a new plugger, harvey, roo, goddard and fisher. hell, why stop with one each?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
jaxons wrote:What about Farren Ray and Zac Dawson for Zac Clarke straight swap??
maybe they'll throw in enough cash with that deal so we can begin a cloning program and grow a new plugger, harvey, roo, goddard and fisher. hell, why stop with one each?
Which one? :shock:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I've got an idea. Lets keep both players if they want to stay. How the hell does pick 60 help us next year or probably ever.
DP 60 probably won't help at all - but let's trade for the sake of it, so the Saints can be seen to be active :shock:
Soon as a player has their best season - trade him, makes sense.

Those low DP are not much good unless they find a massive smokey from the WAFL, or SANFL as other clubs have done.

Hold your ground :shock:
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

If Lyin wants Dawson as much as he is reported to want him we should make them trade through the nose for him. After all his carrer was dead and even Box Hill wouldnt pick him in the seniors until he got to St Kilda, He isnt teh second coming of SOS or anything but he is better now than he was.

Dawson and a 3rd round pick for Zac Clarke, Alex Silvagni and a 2nd round pick

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
spert
Saintsational Legend

Most teams in the eight or close to, could challenge for a premiership..Geelong folk close to the club told me they were happy to take any win they could get during the year and thought they might struggle a bit, but if you go into a season with the mindset of "We can't win a premiership" then fellas, you never will.

markmark
Club Player

Please try and keep CJ I think he would be very high up in the best of fairest this year

Bring it on
gringo
Saintsational Legend

markmark wrote:Please try and keep CJ I think he would be very high up in the best of fairest this year

I thought Dawson was the guy who had the most 1%ers in the comp? But we are all happy to dump him as well. If we don't get decent compensation for a trade we shouldn't even entertain any offers. Why would we just give Freo Dawson and CJ so we have more competition? We are still hurting that Ball got to substantially improve our competition but are all willing to do it again and half the posters want to pay for them to go? FFS.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I prefer the Zac Clark deal. More likely of the two.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
#1GILL wrote:I'm fairly sure that Jones is just about gone. I think Peake will stay.
there's a poster on here that is very confident that he's all but gone.

i'm assuming it's to freo, or possibly wc.
If he goes it will be to our clubs embarrassment, he will tear it up and we will all bitch about him when he is a star at his new club. We had better get something good for him especially if Ross is trying to get him. Maybe we should try to get Gaff off WC.
You are taking the pi55 ain't u ... West coast are not stupid they are not going to take a inconsistent player off one semi decent year and a one trick pony with poor disposal for a highly regarded kid with mountains of potential ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
gringo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:
#1GILL wrote:I'm fairly sure that Jones is just about gone. I think Peake will stay.

If he goes it will be to our clubs embarrassment, he will tear it up and we will all bitch about him when he is a star at his new club. We had better get something good for him especially if Ross is trying to get him. Maybe we should try to get Gaff off WC.
You are taking the pi55 ain't u ... West coast are not stupid they are not going to take a inconsistent player off one semi decent year and a one trick pony with poor disposal for a highly regarded kid with mountains of potential ...
I know they wont but maybe screw around with freo spreading rumours of a trade that will bump up value.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
lolington

How about
Blake, Baker, Eddy, McQualter, Gardiner, Gram, Clarke, Ray, Dawson, Jones, Cahill, Heyne and our first pick for Fyfe?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
gringo wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Freo ain't stupid either... The days of one club ripping another off at the trade table are gone ...it's either win win or it doesn't happen

I know they wont but maybe screw around with freo spreading rumours of a trade that will bump up value.

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Jones finished top ten in our B&F. No way will he be traded to Freo now - or anywhere else for that matter. In a way I'm gald that he did so well. He usually gets the jobs no-one else, with the exception of Bakes, would want.
Congrats CJ!
As for Freo and trade deals, I think they will probably be happy to just concentrate on any deal which would bring them Clark from the Brions. Losing an early pick will definitely happen for that scenario to work out. Don't think it will include us as the only player that they are linked to is McGuane from the Tigers.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

samuraisaint wrote:Jones finished top ten in our B&F. No way will he be traded to Freo now - or anywhere else for that matter. In a way I'm gald that he did so well. He usually gets the jobs no-one else, with the exception of Bakes, would want.
Congrats CJ!
The CJ trade would occur if CJ wanted out mate. We were never going to be 'pushing' CJ out the door! If anything, the top 10 finish (was predicted) just keeps his trade currency relatively high.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
groupie1
Club Player

Everyone talking about how they wonder why wed trade off Peake and Jones entirely missed the premise of the thread, which was that salary cap pressure might force STK's hand into trading out players and trading in draft picks

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
End Of An Era
Club Player

groupie1 wrote:Everyone talking about how they wonder why wed trade off Peake and Jones entirely missed the premise of the thread, which was that salary cap pressure might force STK's hand into trading out players and trading in draft picks
That is partly true groupie1. The premise of my original thread was that we need cap space but with the way our list is I feel we must look at getting in high draft picks to rebuild our list.