The importance of Pelchin and trading this year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Angel
Club Player

It is an interesting statement from Pelchen. Makes you wonder who will be traded this week if it is not the top guys at the club.

Perhaps it will be some middle tier players who may have some currency. We will all have to wait and see what transpires.

Saints Angel
Club Player

It is an interesting statement from Pelchen. Makes you wonder who will be traded this week if it is not the top guys at the club.

Perhaps it will be some middle tier players who may have some currency. We will all have to wait and see what transpires.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:Interesting comment from Pelchen...

"Yes there will be a number of changes to our list over the course of this week, but having said that I’m not sure they’ll be the players that have been mentioned."

Who is on the table..... :shock:
:D :D :D I LOVE TRADE WEEK!!!!
That is what we need...a number of changes to our list!
Looking forward to the rest of the week now :D

Sainter for life.
lefty
Club Player

TBH, Ray was really disappointing this year and we have Ledger who looks like he'll be a go'er so to speak, so I won't be fussed tbh.

Peake imo deserves to stay in the side, his form mid season was mint.

Zack, I don't know... I'm not sure he values the club enough for giving him a chance. I mean, goes and farks around in NZ etc, getting smashed by Cloke etc doesn't help his reputation one bit.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

"Yes there will be a number of changes to our list over the course of this week, but having said that I’m not sure they’ll be the players that have been mentioned."

Here is who i believe could be on the "table"
blake
raph
geary
gilbert
gram
jones
lynch
stanley

Sainter for life.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:

blake
raph
geary
gilbert
gram
jones
lynch
stanley
I'd like them to keep Stanley for another year at least.....just in case he fires a shot

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:

blake
raph
geary
gilbert
gram
jones
lynch
stanley
you would think if we could trade for a ruck, the Kos man would be on that list too. He is important as a back up ruck but he would be looking at Sandy time if we get a key forward and a ruck. I'm a fan of Kosi but he would unfortunately be there too. Would be surprised if any of Gilbert, jones or geary went. Gilbert has up side and is young, jones worth more to us than in a trade and geary still young and developing and at an age that we lack many in.

Rosco
Club Player

on the table: roo, goddard

although i think they've finished with their ops now ;)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I read the Saints might be competing with Richmond for Adelaide's Ivan Maric ....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
sainter35
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:

blake
raph
geary
gilbert
gram
jones
lynch
stanley
Only the last 5 on that list would actually have some trade currency.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I read the Saints might be competing with Richmond for Adelaide's Ivan Maric ....
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

St Kilda head of football Chris Pelchen had said the Saints were interested in snaring a ruckman at the trade table but Noble would not confirm if the Saints were the other interested party.

By not saying anything Noble has effectively said we are the other interested party.

Sainter for life.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
noob wrote:Tom Lynch barracked for St.Kilda as a kid. Has family and friends here doubt he would want to go to SA when he has a fresh start with a new coach coming along.
I think Tom wants opportunity.

If Zac gets traded then I think Tom will stay & get a chance as a key defender.
Good old Ross Lyon definitely left guys like Tom Lynch on bad terms with the Saints in terms of his refusal to play anyone under 25 unless you were "banging down the door". With our list profile - we can ill afford losing anyone in their early 20s. Thanks for nothing Ross.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
noob wrote:Tom Lynch barracked for St.Kilda as a kid. Has family and friends here doubt he would want to go to SA when he has a fresh start with a new coach coming along.

Good old Ross Lyon definitely left guys like Tom Lynch on bad terms with the Saints in terms of his refusal to play anyone under 25 unless you were "banging down the door". With our list profile - we can ill afford losing anyone in their early 20s. Thanks for nothing Ross.
If that is correct then why wouldnt he stay with a new coach coming on board? You could counter argue and say he is leaving because RL isnt coaching anymore. Anyway who said he wants to go?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

If that is correct then why wouldnt he stay with a new coach coming on board? You could counter argue and say he is leaving because RL isnt coaching anymore. Anyway who said he wants to go?
We have just played in 3 gf's, a prelim and an elim final. God you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

rocketrod7
Club Player

End Of An Era wrote:If Pelchen has any balls he will trade the following players for draft picks....

Goddard, Dal Santo, Kosi, Rooey, Dawson, Ray and Peake.

Then he will trade in at least 7 gun youngsters from the November National Draft. Here's hoping!!!!!
Can we please trade you to Big Footy for draft pick 140. Win, win for Saintsational. :P :P

I am not an animal.
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:
bobmurray wrote:I read the Saints might be competing with Richmond for Adelaide's Ivan Maric ....
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

St Kilda head of football Chris Pelchen had said the Saints were interested in snaring a ruckman at the trade table but Noble would not confirm if the Saints were the other interested party.

By not saying anything Noble has effectively said we are the other interested party.
I would not have an issue with getting Maric as we have all seen how good we are with two above average (at worst) ruckmen. Having MG and King or MG and Big Mac was a great advantage for us. Only having Big Mac was an advantage to the opposition as he was/is probably still too young/raw to ruck the majority of the game and give us an advantage more often than not.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

i dont think he wants to go or will go.
the enquiries/interest sounds like they pre-date rosscos departure.
what im saying is - the fact adelaide were sniffing around him in the first place indicates maybe he was unhappy a few months back.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

what im saying is - the fact adelaide were sniffing around him in the first place indicates maybe he was unhappy a few months back.
Who says Adelaide were sniffing around him?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Plenty of media have claimed they are interested.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Plenty of media have claimed they are interested.
So we believe the media if it suits us but we dont if it doesnt. Anyway my point stands. Why would he want to leave if he blames RL for not getting a game.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

PELCHEN ABOUT TO BE ON 3AW IN THE 2 MINUTES...TUNE IN!!!

Sainter for life.