Trade rumours - post them here

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:another scalp to judas...wouldn't play the kid...now he wants out......thanks a lot you see you next tuesday.... :roll: :evil:
Maybe Lynchy didn't like having to travel all the way to Seaford so wanted to move to Adelaide instead :P

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Garlett wouldn't be the worst we could find. He played v well against us last year and racked up big numbers week after week in the VFL this year only to be ignored by Scott until one week he added 9 tackles to his 35+ possessions and was grudgingly selected as the sub. He reads the play well and has a good burst of speed but as noted above has played as an outside midfielder at AFL level.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Did Lewis actually play as a back or a fwd for swans this year? Wasn't he that lightning quick bloke big bloke that made Lynchy look silly chasing for the ball?

If he is a sizeable big backman we may be looking to a future without Zac. I'd still prefer Gunston.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Saintersss
Club Player

Hemi Baxter wrote:Garlett wouldn't be the worst we could find. He played v well against us last year and racked up big numbers week after week in the VFL this year only to be ignored by Scott until one week he added 9 tackles to his 35+ possessions and was grudgingly selected as the sub. He reads the play well and has a good burst of speed but as noted above has played as an outside midfielder at AFL level.
No, he is actually an inside midfielder. I like how just because his name is Gartlett and that he is indigenous australian everyone assumes he is quick and an outside midifelder.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Just read on Twitter that Tom Lynch may be going to Crows involving a three way deal with Sydney.
Lynch to Adelaide
Armstrong to Sydney
Not sure who could be coming to us... Lewis Johnston? Jesse White? surely not Mark Seaby...
Tweeted by TL mate apparently.
Jonno Nash from Inside Footy

http://twitter.com/#!/jonnonash

Hemi Baxter
Club Player

Saintersss wrote:
Hemi Baxter wrote:Garlett wouldn't be the worst we could find. He played v well against us last year and racked up big numbers week after week in the VFL this year only to be ignored by Scott until one week he added 9 tackles to his 35+ possessions and was grudgingly selected as the sub. He reads the play well and has a good burst of speed but as noted above has played as an outside midfielder at AFL level.
No, he is actually an inside midfielder. I like how just because his name is Gartlett and that he is indigenous australian everyone assumes he is quick and an outside midifelder.
That's not the assumption that I made. He played on a half forward flank against us last year. He played on the ball at VFL level. He played mostly as a sub/ small player running from the backline/ outside mid in his few games for north this year. He may aspire to being an inside midfielder at senior level, he may be able to make it there but hasn't had the opportunity to date.
I've seen plenty of him and have gone to vfl games just to see him play... that's why I plugged him for us in the first place.
As to his pace, why don't you hit a few Nth boards where, most of the year, you'll find fans begging Scott to play him because they are slow and he is genuinely quick over the first few metres he has it.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Heard that north have gone quiet on gram and lynch fir a 2nd rounder

#1 Ryder fan
maverick
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Heard that north have gone quiet on gram and lynch fir a 2nd rounder
Thank god what a shocking deal

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Just read on Twitter that Tom Lynch may be going to Crows involving a three way deal with Sydney.
Lynch to Adelaide
Armstrong to Sydney
Not sure who could be coming to us... Lewis Johnston? Jesse White? surely not Mark Seaby...
Not sure why we would trade Tom Lynch for Lewis Johnstone...

Lynch - 21yo, 192cm, 88kg, pick 13 2008 draft
Johnstone - 21yo, 192cm, 88kg, pick 12 2008 draft

Why bother??

:roll: :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Lynch to Adelaide
Armstrong to Sydney

Why bother??

Who is quicker?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
Lynch to Adelaide
Armstrong to Sydney

Why bother??

Who is quicker?
Yup because Lynch is as slow as a wet week.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
PJ
SS Life Member

Heard on MMM in Adelaide this arvo that saints showed some interest in Jacob Surjan from Port - said it was only mild interest..

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Saints94
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:Heard on MMM in Adelaide this arvo that saints showed some interest in Jacob Surjan from Port - said it was only mild interest..
Did you hear anything on the three way deal about Tom Lynch mate?

PJ
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
PJ wrote:Heard on MMM in Adelaide this arvo that saints showed some interest in Jacob Surjan from Port - said it was only mild interest..
Nup it was Andrew Jarman saying that Kane Cornes and Daniel Motlop had been shopped around with absolutely no interest but saints had sniffed a bit at Surjan.

Saints94
SS Life Member

PJ wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Nup it was Andrew Jarman saying that Kane Cornes and Daniel Motlop had been shopped around with absolutely no interest but saints had sniffed a bit at Surjan.
Sweet, by the way what would Surjan cost in your opinion?

PJ
SS Life Member

Saints94 wrote:
PJ wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Sweet, by the way what would Surjan cost in your opinion?
sweet FA, he's struggled to get a game under Primus's kids policy but the way Port are going at the present they may ask for Riewoldt.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Some ripping trade talk from day one.....

Where's the tumbleweed emoticon?

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Petroro (Gram's mger): Jason Gram is a required player at St Kilda...I'd be surprised if he was to leave

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

If they don't trade anyone then obviously someone's contract won't be renewed if they are required to cut their cap commitments...

Or maybe very late in the trade period we'll get involved in a couple of gumby for gumby trades....Pelchen is probably talking to Lyin about how to spot a gumby.... :roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

I dare say Pelchen is playing hard ball at the minute. If there's no bites I reckon there will be a fire sale towards the end of the trade period. Unsigned players like Dawson and Ray may go for 4th and 5th round picks. Either that or the salary cap issues is just a beat-up.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Unsigned players like Dawson and Ray may go for 4th and 5th round picks.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Sainter for life.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Was good a couple of years ago - Croat Steven Baker.

lefty
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:I dare say Pelchen is playing hard ball at the minute. If there's no bites I reckon there will be a fire sale towards the end of the trade period. Unsigned players like Dawson and Ray may go for 4th and 5th round picks. Either that or the salary cap issues is just a beat-up.
As long as Dempster is resigned I'll be happy, this years performance turned him from a ordinary player, to a key player imo, was very impressed.

Ray, we'll not fussed, we got other wingers, had a shocking year, but I'd try to keep as he has a good overhead mark for his size.
Peake, deserves to be resigned imo, fast past and mid season performace was impressive. Ahead of Ray imo.
Zac, not sure, you'd need someone to fill the gap. Sometimes he looks confused and too small to play FB.

Gram, we'll tbh not too fused, if we get the right deal, long bombs to nowhere get annoying after a while :S

If not that, if every player just took a 5% pay cut, I'm sure we'd fit everyone in fine. Thats up to the players, play for the jumper/team/mates and show your supporters you mean business or just try fill already overflowing wallets with more cash?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AT LEAST three clubs have expressed strong interest in acquiring St Kilda's Irish import and key-position prospect Tommy Walsh.

Walsh is out of contract and the Saints hope to re-sign him, but with a dearth of key-position players available during the trading period, several clubs have sought to lure the promising player away from Seaford.

It is understood Walsh would prefer to stay with the Saints, but his manager, Michael Quinlan, has fielded interest from rival clubs. Quinlan did not return calls from The Age yesterday.

Advertisement: Story continues below Melbourne has made no secret of its preference to find another key forward, having earlier pursued Collingwood's Chris Dawes, who rejected a sizeable offer from the Demons to remain with the Magpies.

The Demons have held discussions with Quinlan and St Kilda, while Sydney and Richmond also are known to have shown interest in the former Gaelic football star.

While Walsh has been a source of great hope to Saints fans since his signing, he is yet to make his AFL debut. He booted six goals in a VFL game earlier this year against Collingwood, further enhancing the excitement about his potential.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/thre ... z1aZYCkO43

sainterinsydney
Club Player

If Tommy Walsh is poached, St Kilda may as well just fold. I'm serious about this. If we let this guy get picked up by another club, after putting all that work into him, we are a disgrace.