Cripps Ledger Siposs

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

Cripps Ledger Siposs

Alot of people on here are talking about 3 skinny 19 year olds who have played about 10 games between them to slot into the team next year and give us the push we need to the premiership

IMHO Winmar Walsh and Lynch need to step up or step off

I honestly believe with Lenny and Jimmy back, another preseason for Big mac and my man Jack ( ha i rhymed) with Winmar Walsh and Lynch playing to their potential and playing a role for the team we could give it a real crack.

Let the young guns get their bodies right.

Love you Lenny
SaintSimmo
Club Player

tbh i don't think lynch is up to it (well not at afl standard) im hoping he is traded.

Sainter for life.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lynch from what he has shown is very slow....

Cripps is very quick and has shown the knack of being able to be in the right spot at the right time

Siposs is a beautiful kick and a smart user of the ball. The way he kicked to Roo to advantage to set up goals was a wet-dream.

Considering what the team lacks, I can see the latter two really improving the team. both are young though....but 'shout" quality.

Ledger impressed too. hard at in in and under type with pace that can also play outside.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Cripps Ledger Siposs

The_Carpet_Snake wrote: IMHO Winmar Walsh and Lynch need to step up or step off
Wwll Lynch may well have stepped off by end of trade week, Winmar was injured for most of this season, and Walsh hasn't even played a senior game :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

After watching the Socceroos clean up Oman, I reckon we could do with Josh Kennedy up forward also. He's one tough mother!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I am hoping those 3 with a solid preseason can get plenty of game time next year, Sipposs in particular looks the goods to me, love watching played with great disposal. I also think Winmar may be able to add a bit to the team, needs to beef up a bit

I love this club
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

Stanley is the heir apparant to Reiwoldt and needs to start getting game time or his confidence will be shot. Play him in the NAB cup at a minimum.

Jury is out on Winmar - he is behind Walsh in getting a regular game IMHO

Lynch hasnt shown enough - yet

Cripps & Ledger have both got plenty of grunt - and will make it

I'm cautious on Sipposs - not sure he works hard enough off the ball .. and a couple of clean marks and kicks a game isnt enough to hold down a spot. However - I'm hoping a big offseason and next year he turns into the player that Jarryd Allan would was developing into

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:Stanley is the heir apparant to Reiwoldt and needs to start getting game time or his confidence will be shot. Play him in the NAB cup at a minimum.

Jury is out on Winmar - he is behind Walsh in getting a regular game IMHO

Lynch hasnt shown enough - yet

Cripps & Ledger have both got plenty of grunt - and will make it

I'm cautious on Sipposs - not sure he works hard enough off the ball .. and a couple of clean marks and kicks a game isnt enough to hold down a spot. However - I'm hoping a big offseason and next year he turns into the player that Jarryd Allan would was developing into
I had hoped Stanley was a regular this year but he went missing. Not strong enough yet. I hope he gets a solid preseason and earns a spot early and the new coach gives him a decent crack at it. If he gets a good preseason including a Shyte load of gym work he could be anything next year. As for Sipposs, he to wil be very good with a bit of muscle on him

I love this club
PJ
SS Life Member

Re: Cripps Ledger Siposs

The_Carpet_Snake wrote:Alot of people on here are talking about 3 skinny 19 year olds who have played about 10 games between them to slot into the team next year and give us the push we need to the premiership

IMHO Winmar Walsh and Lynch need to step up or step off

I honestly believe with Lenny and Jimmy back, another preseason for Big mac and my man Jack ( ha i rhymed) with Winmar Walsh and Lynch playing to their potential and playing a role for the team we could give it a real crack.

Let the young guns get their bodies right.
Winmar and Lynch IMO would be behind Cripps, Ledger and Sipposs - Tommy Walsh, who knows?? Wait and see.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
battye
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:tbh i don't think lynch is up to it (well not at afl standard) im hoping he is traded.
From what I've seen on TV he hasn't shown the same sort of immediate impact that Siposs and Cripps have. Not to say that those two guys tore it up, but they did show some class and poise and Lynch didn't.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

You never know...they might all shine now that the great developer Lyin has gone off in search of his pot of gold...I think the club has looked at all the things that weren't being done correctly and are working on improvements...

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
savatage
SS Life Member

The main issue with Lynch is he doesn't have explosive speed & pack marking abilities. He's quite football smart & has very dependable disposal in particular off half back - but he plays more like a mid sized player than a KP.

defacto
Club Player

given next year is a super draft, alot of the players maybe given the benefit of the doubt and look to be traded for draft picks next year. players who really need to step up or be cut:

lynch
heyne
smith
winmar
cahill

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ledger has a mature body on him and will turn 20 next year.
Siposs was very young when we got him so agree no rush with him.
Crippsy turns 20 year too.
So they need to show something and get some games for sure.
Were not the austrlian cricket team. Evry other side seems to get some serious impact from a couple of 20 year olds. We are long over due.

Jack and mac stepped up so I reckon we should expect another 2 or 3 to step it up next year.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think walsh is big enough
sips will get games and cripps is a def straight up

fyfe isnt exactly big at the shockers and id take that kid in an instant, he seems to be doing ok

The_Carpet_Snake
Club Player

yeah fair enough atleast give Crocker some time to put some bulk on

Love you Lenny
matrix
Saintsational Legend

i think bodies need a bit of time to take the knocks and to get the conditioning, its a faster pace yadda yadda yadda.

you are right tho in what you say imo

i think (well really hope) walsh gets serious game time, hopefully cripps comes back in after his complications as i thought he did alright and showed a spark up forward snaffling a few
but for sure, guys like crock def need time
but then again who knows
a new coach might give em a crack during the season if they show something in the preseason CRAP cup??

certainly going to be interesting
new coach
bit of a clean out
get to see how good the depth really is.
hopefully stanley shows something and gets a crack too
needs to really make a decent effort and have a red hot preseason

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

When Tommy Walsh kicked those 6 goals for Sandy,including the last 2 to win the game, (and he was not playing at full forward), i thought that he would see out the season for the Saints and be right for the Finals. However, our excellent selectors felt otherwise!

SaintSimmo
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:When Tommy Walsh kicked those 6 goals for Sandy,including the last 2 to win the game, (and he was not playing at full forward), i thought that he would see out the season for the Saints and be right for the Finals. However, our excellent selectors felt otherwise!
I reckon Ro$$ Lyin would have been the one holding him back, he seems to love to try and make a player out richmond and geelong rejects instead of giving the kids a chance!

Sainter for life.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:
borderbarry wrote:When Tommy Walsh kicked those 6 goals for Sandy,including the last 2 to win the game, (and he was not playing at full forward), i thought that he would see out the season for the Saints and be right for the Finals. However, our excellent selectors felt otherwise!
I reckon Ro$$ Lyin would have been the one holding him back, he seems to love to try and make a player out richmond and geelong rejects instead of giving the kids a chance!
I reckon the Irish factor spooked old what's-his-name.

Some people kept saying Walsh wasn't breaking the door down at Sandy, but neither were most of the kids that were given the chance on the big stage. Kids like Winmar, Siposs and even Cripps. All great prospects but they were hardly killing it for the Zebs.

I just reckon Walsh may have got a look in if he'd come from Ballarat or Horsham etc. I honestly think his background spooked the Freo bloke a bit.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The_Carpet_Snake wrote:yeah fair enough atleast give Crocker some time to put some bulk on
Barry looked like he might be the best of the newbies in the early nab game. He looks like he might need to get on the Collingwood cocktails though.

savatage
SS Life Member

Next to BJ, Sammy Crocker is probably our best kick. Sensational and booming disposal....can't wait until the body matures into AFL size.

lefty
Club Player

savatage wrote:Next to BJ, Sammy Crocker is probably our best kick. Sensational and booming disposal....can't wait until the body matures into AFL size.
agreed

Also, I'd like to think its Cripps, Ledger, Siposs and Crocker in our next gen core group :)

With Winmar, Walsh, Stanley etc as well.
Last edited by lefty on Wed 12 Oct 2011 11:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree, also said he may be tried as a small forward at times next year

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
I reckon the Irish factor spooked old what's-his-name.

Some people kept saying Walsh wasn't breaking the door down at Sandy, but neither were most of the kids that were given the chance on the big stage. Kids like Winmar, Siposs and even Cripps. All great prospects but they were hardly killing it for the Zebs.

I just reckon Walsh may have got a look in if he'd come from Ballarat or Horsham etc. I honestly think his background spooked the Freo bloke a bit.
'that time Walsh kicked 6', its almost folklore.... only one bloke was breaking the door down in the VFL and that was the ugly bloke at Casey, what is his name again? :wink: I just think RL wanted a consistent month, which he never got from any of our kids, its killed us now and i'm not justifying it, but RL showed he can be a tough bastid who doesn't like to go against his grain so none of the Toms in the twos got gigs.

It had zilch to do with being Irish!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!