Paul Roos

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

doppler effect wrote:
savatage wrote:My cat's breath smells like cat food.
My cats name is Mittens
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Hinkley won't leave. I don't see the logic.

He'll be a premiership assistant in three or four years and by then he'll be worth a squillion...

Watters for mine.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

doppler effect wrote:
savatage wrote:My cat's breath smells like cat food.
My cats name is Mittens
I bent my Wookie

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Does a sign saying "Wet Paint" mean its wet paint?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

had a quick look at g-trains profile

hasnt really got any of his rumours right!

was a post about carlton looking at kosi and most of us were saying we would need their number 1 pick plus 2 or so players!! imagine what we'd get now!!

anyways kudos to you if you got it right g-train

#1 Ryder fan
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Hinkley won't leave. I don't see the logic.

He'll be a premiership assistant in three or four years and by then he'll be worth a squillion...

Watters for mine.
I'd be happy with that.

Hinkley is being talked up in the media.

But to me he'll be forever remembered as Blighty's caddie during the Moorabbin Open of 2001.

And we all know Malcolm missed the cut in that major :P

savatage
SS Life Member

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Watters for mine.
I'd be happy with that.

But to me he'll be forever remembered as Blighty's caddie during the Moorabbin Open of 2001.

It's been a decade mate! I'm sure he's learnt a fair bit since then...sheesh! Tough crowd...

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i just did a poop in my pants.

G-Train09
Club Player

ye sorry i dont post much on here i just thought id let you all know what iv heard but i guess if ur gonna just bag me then i wont post ever again

apparently someone at the club doesnt like hinkley and this is why they are taking so long...they got roos in there to do a preso and he was the number 1 candidate before watters

i know its hard to believe but this sort of stuff happens in footy i guess time will tell. i am probably wrong but this is from someone inside the club

All Aboard woooo wooo!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Watters for mine.
I'd be happy with that.

It's been a decade mate! I'm sure he's learnt a fair bit since then...sheesh! Tough crowd...
No doubt.

Just saying my image of Hinkley is tainted by his time with Malcolm and some comments I recall him making after it all turned to crap.

Not saying he's not good. Not saying he's not the best applicant. Simply saying I've got a bit of a problem with him. It's not entirely rational and no doubt will disappear the moment he's appointed, if in fact that happens.

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

G-Train09 wrote:ye sorry i dont post much on here i just thought id let you all know what iv heard but i guess if ur gonna just bag me then i wont post ever again

apparently someone at the club doesnt like hinkley and this is why they are taking so long...they got roos in there to do a preso and he was the number 1 candidate before watters

i know its hard to believe but this sort of stuff happens in footy i guess time will tell. i am probably wrong but this is from someone inside the club
Not bagging you at all brother!
Keep it up

#1 Ryder fan
Mrs_Seaford_Saint
Club Player

I am really Brendon Goddard and YES I am going to GWS next year for a 5 year contract for 10.5mil and in return you are getting pick 101 ...... enjoy :roll:

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Are we all done?

GOING FOR THE FIRST TIME....

GOING FOR THE SECOND TIME...

[Pause]

"Ladies and Gentleman your opportunity to troll in this thread is a rare one, I urge you put your best efforts in before the hammer comes down - I am under instruction from my fellow moderators that this thread will be locked today..."
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 12 Oct 2011 8:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
savatage wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

Watters for mine.
I'd be happy with that.

No doubt.

Just saying my image of Hinkley is tainted by his time with Malcolm and some comments I recall him making after it all turned to crap.

Not saying he's not good. Not saying he's not the best applicant. Simply saying I've got a bit of a problem with him. It's not entirely rational and no doubt will disappear the moment he's appointed, if in fact that happens.
I'm with you Doc. I remember him badmouthing us when he left. Thought at the time he would never be back. Something to do with how we treated Blighty.
Maybe he's changed his mind about us?

Brendon Goddard /PaulRoos rumour

I'm Brendon Goddard and so is my wife!!

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

G-Train09 wrote:he did a preso last wed and he was the number 1 candidate, he still wants the job and the reason for the hold up is to see who else would be interested

also goddard says he wants to stay with the saints
Surely if Roos has put his hand up, you'd take him in a heartbeat, no need to interview the others. Are you sure about this? Is your source from within the club? Have they provided reliable info before this? If so what? Do you care to name your source?

It sounds far fetched (not intending to give you s***) and too good to be true.

Burkey 1
Club Player

Be very very surprised, didn't seem to positive about the saints on on the couch when Ross left !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

First question to Roos - Can you coach a rooley rooley defensive game plan like Rossy.

Answer - I invented it

Result - P.Roos St.Kilda coach

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:i have heard they are down to hinkley and watters and quite likely to announce by friday

roos is completely left field! have not heard anything about this!
Reckon the choice between Watters and Hinkley could be a very tough one...

Ultimately one will shine through but whoever misses out could be considered stiff..

My gut feel still sayse Watters ..hope we hear by Friday..this wait is agonizing :?
Just out of interest, how do you get a gut feeling on something like this?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

G-Train09 wrote: i am probably wrong
Do you have anything else to add? I have nothing to say to you apart from f_ck off.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Personally I think it's just crap.

The St Kilda Football Club has already copped heaps about the way it conducts itself. Surely this club we all love would not go through weeks of assessing applicants, hold interviews and then second interviews, then throw that all out and simply appoint another bloke. Regardless of how well that bloke was respected in the industry.

The media would have a field day.

And when it next came time to seek a new coach, young prospects would simply shy away from applying.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

Did not Roos say he knew why Ross could not continue as coach? He knew that that the job was his.

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I've heard Roos say that he will be coaching the Bulldogs in 2012.

The Eastern Suburbs Bulldogs u16's in Sydney !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Personally I think it's just crap.

The St Kilda Football Club has already copped heaps about the way it conducts itself. Surely this club we all love would not go through weeks of assessing applicants, hold interviews and then second interviews, then throw that all out and simply appoint another bloke. Regardless of how well that bloke was respected in the industry.

And when it next came time to seek a new coach, young prospects would simply shy away from applying.
Doc. We wouldn't be the first club to do it. There are a few assistants who have gone into interviews over the past few years ,that have been a total waste of time.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Personally I think it's just crap.

Doc. We wouldn't be the first club to do it. There are a few assistants who have gone into interviews over the past few years ,that have been a total waste of time.
In saying that I am 100% sure Roos is no chance and this thread is totally made up!!