St Kilda swap pick 20 for pick 25, Saad & Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lyon will turn them into two dour, role playing half backs that cant kick..

no wait.

8-)

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Lyon will turn them into two dour, role playing half backs that cant kick..

no wait.

8-)
After 4 years of learning the ropes at Sandy!

no wait.

8-)

Rosco
Club Player

imo the new boys are a great pickup. it seems like a bargain but from GWS's point of view they dropped pick 25 and gained 20 - they weren't about to go for these guys themselves (not even sure if they were allowed to sign them outside the draft or not). but good pickup given our drop of only 5 spots in what is an already weakened draft

from the highlights i've watched (admittedly these will show a favourable view) my comments:

SAAD
no evidence of a left foot whatsover, hopefully can develop at least a bail out kick on this foot
really exciting right foot, which makes me happy
really quick (backed up by his combine results)
overall: really happy he is on board

MILERA
skinny, height for a medium forward.
will never be bulky but with a bit more size and what appears to be a decent leap can be gamble x 2 (at least x 1.5)
quickish
main thing: can kick very well on each foot. i saw some highlights where he was running and could have swung on to his preferred foot as he had space - but in more than one instance per foot he went to the side that had less pressure (even if only slight overall pressure) and kicked well. i think he is a right footer but couldn't tell you for sure. can't describe how happy this makes me.
overall: add some bulk, hopefully can be a player

agree with the comments from other posters, these two are definitely in the age bracket we should be looking at (assuming they can cut it at AFL level)

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I'd also say that we are taking into account the impending retirement of Milney in the next year or two and these two guys appear to be two good potential replacements.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

AdelaideSainter wrote:Have seen Milera a few times "in the flesh". Very quick, dangerous around goals, but can go missing.
I was going to post the same thing ..

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Zed wrote:
AdelaideSainter wrote:Have seen Milera a few times "in the flesh". Very quick, dangerous around goals, but can go missing.
I was going to post the same thing ..
So sort of like Cyril Rioli then? :wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:SAAD is an absolute GUN!
Awesome get by the Pilchard. He is an excitement machine. Still get a decent pick. Now we just need a Savage or Puopolo from out of his arse and I'll be happy.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

I hope GWS haven't looked after us like this as part of the bigger picture with Goddard. Hope they haven't already sorted something out and this is the softener before we cop a sledgehammer on Monday.

Seems a good trade......cant really lose on this one too much..

Really, we still get a blue chip pick.....20-25 is still really in the same position...

If niether turn out.....no real loss.....if one turns out...nice.....if both do, it will be a bonus

few questions
Is there two Valeras??
I have seen highlights of two port players...one number 44 one number twelve???
I have seen one with a birthdate on 1992 yet some are sayin he is 23 which would make his bithdate 1989...
which one have we drated..

also I have seen Saad listed as 176cm....but has been mentioned at 186cm, 185cm, 180cm....what size is he???

good trading IMO....low risk stuff....with reward much higher than potential loss

SaintTom
Club Player

Probably not important but I'm curious anyway, I always like to see the numbers the players get. When will we know what numbers these guys will be running around in next year?

Davo027
Club Player

For more info www.saints.com.au

The above views are those of the author and not necessarily those of the clubs or the AFL.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Seems a good trade......cant really lose on this one too much..

Really, we still get a blue chip pick.....20-25 is still really in the same position...

If niether turn out.....no real loss.....if one turns out...nice.....if both do, it will be a bonus

few questions
Is there two Valeras??
I have seen highlights of two port players...one number 44 one number twelve???
I have seen one with a birthdate on 1992 yet some are sayin he is 23 which would make his bithdate 1989...
which one have we drated..

also I have seen Saad listed as 176cm....but has been mentioned at 186cm, 185cm, 180cm....what size is he???

good trading IMO....low risk stuff....with reward much higher than potential loss
The other Milera is Tim Milera, Adelaide Crows rookie this year and delisted at season's. He is Terry's younger brother and struggled with fitness issues to the extent that he was sent back to the Magpies full-time.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Some ripping marks and goals in this package of Saad. Build like a brick s*** house too - Doesn't get bumped off the ball easily.

Edit: Don't even know if it's the same bloke. Did he change his name from Saad Saad?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

So picked to go top 30...and we have him for way less than that. Excellent.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:

Some ripping marks and goals in this package of Saad. Build like a brick s*** house too - Doesn't get bumped off the ball easily.

Edit: Don't even know if it's the same bloke. Did he change his name from Saad Saad?
Think that's his older brother

gringo
Saintsational Legend

At least with a devout Muslim we won't get another dip s*** flashing his dick after going troppo on the booze.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Bardon Saint wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Great deal. Although with another indigenous, and an Egyptian boy, probably more fodder for the Raph haters. I hope not though. But it still is not helping our salary cap situation is it!
People do not hate Raph because of his skin. That is ridiculous. I hate Gram too, it's not because he is white or has a stupid looking tatoo, it's beacuse for every great thing he does he makes 5 f*ck-ups. Same with Raph. Can be brilliant at times but consistency is key.
WTF? Thats a shithouse and totally ignorant statement from Borderbarry. :roll: How insulting. Raph is judged purely on his footy output. If he was rioli in his output and still copped the same, MAYBE you would have a point.

goods
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:
Bardon Saint wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Great deal. Although with another indigenous, and an Egyptian boy, probably more fodder for the Raph haters. I hope not though. But it still is not helping our salary cap situation is it!
People do not hate Raph because of his skin. That is ridiculous. I hate Gram too, it's not because he is white or has a stupid looking tatoo, it's beacuse for every great thing he does he makes 5 f*ck-ups. Same with Raph. Can be brilliant at times but consistency is key.
WTF? Thats a shithouse and totally ignorant statement from Borderbarry. :roll: How insulting. Raph is judged purely on his footy output. If he was rioli in his output and still copped the same, MAYBE you would have a point.
arnt you both saying the same thing kinda?

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

No they arent related, well thats what Harf said on SEN today...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I bag Rioli.....

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Only vision of Saad's left foot I've seen thus far I think. The motion isn't quite right and you don't see the end result but let's hope it's good enough and he gets a bit of work done on it during the preseason.

Left foot kick at 0:48s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ula0tknL6ns

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Oh ok, on trade radio today they said that it was....they all guess though.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Oh ok, on trade radio today they said that it was....they all guess though.
Anyones guess then. Think ill believe Harf & co at moment over Hutchy & Barratt.... :wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Only vision of Saad's left foot I've seen thus far I think. The motion isn't quite right and you don't see the end result but let's hope it's good enough and he gets a bit of work done on it during the preseason.

Left foot kick at 0:48s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ula0tknL6ns
when your that fast you can wheel around and still get your kick away. He will be a beauty, will be a favourite when he gets in, he should be ready to go if there is a spot for him. Based purely on a couple of games mind you - but he is exciting.

sRaf
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
Old Mate wrote:

Not related. Saad Saad is a cousin of a friend of mine. He's Lebanese and an absolute gun from what I've heard. Many who have coached him and played with him are wondering why he was never looked at by the AFL.