St Kilda swap pick 20 for pick 25, Saad & Milera

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

GoTheTorp
Club Player

gringo wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Usually October, anyway.
July & August next year.

He'll be fine.

Anyway, do we actually know he's muslim, or are we just assuming?
In the SBS piece they said he was devout muslim. He was born here grew up in Egypt and moved backed.
Yes hes a devout muslim as if that matters, i am glad to have him on board..

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

whiskers3614 wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Just saw some footage of these two - noice.
But can they play as DEFENSIVE FORWARDS?
Saad is apparently renowned for his defensive efforts and his outstanding results in the repeat sprints at draft camp would suggest he will be like a terrier in the forward line, with the repeat efforts. It's hard to imagine he would have gone anywhere other than in the top 30 in the draft, so the fact we got both of them and only dropped 5 spots in the draft is incredible.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Man I hope he Saad becomes a regular senior.

There has been such a lack of pace in this side for so long.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintkid
Club Player

bigred wrote:Man I hope he Saad becomes a regular senior.

There has been such a lack of pace in this side for so long.
I reckon he will. Some of his highlights reminded me a lot of Cyril Rioli. :D
Finally some hope to inject real pace in the side.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:One issue: Saad does the Ramadan thing, ie no eating at all during daylight hours for a solid 4 week period.

Surely that would have an adverse effect on his ability to play at the top level?
Usually October, anyway can get aspecial dispensation from the Imam to do the Ramadan thing some other time if it interferes with employment.

Bacher Houli does that.
No it isn't October....

From http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2012.asp
Ramadan in 2012 will start on Friday, the 20th of July and will continue for 30 days until Saturday, the 18th of August.

Although Ramadan is always on the same day of the Islamic calendar, the date on the Gregorian calendar varies from year to year, since the Gregorian calendar is a solar calendar and the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. This difference means Ramadan moves in the Gregorian calendar approximately 11 days every year.
Hence Ramadan in 2013 will start on the 9th of July and will continue for 30 days until the 7th of August.

It is better for athletes that Ramadan is in the winter as then the fast is for less time a day than during the summer. I have some Afghani mates, brother, who I used to play soccer with. One year, their sister brought them Maccas at 6.46, half way through the game, when the sun went down. Funny stuff!

Ahmed will need to be at his best during September anyway.

8-)

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SunburySaint
Club Player

Richter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:One issue: Saad does the Ramadan thing, ie no eating at all during daylight hours for a solid 4 week period.

Surely that would have an adverse effect on his ability to play at the top level?
Usually October, anyway can get aspecial dispensation from the Imam to do the Ramadan thing some other time if it interferes with employment.

Bacher Houli does that.
No it isn't October....

From http://www.when-is.com/ramadan-2012.asp
Ramadan in 2012 will start on Friday, the 20th of July and will continue for 30 days until Saturday, the 18th of August.

Although Ramadan is always on the same day of the Islamic calendar, the date on the Gregorian calendar varies from year to year, since the Gregorian calendar is a solar calendar and the Islamic calendar is a lunar calendar. This difference means Ramadan moves in the Gregorian calendar approximately 11 days every year.
Hence Ramadan in 2013 will start on the 9th of July and will continue for 30 days until the 7th of August.

It is better for athletes that Ramadan is in the winter as then the fast is for less time a day than during the summer. I have some Afghani mates, brother, who I used to play soccer with. One year, their sister brought them Maccas at 6.46, half way through the game, when the sun went down. Funny stuff!

Ahmed will need to be at his best during September anyway.

8-)
Have a mate at work who is Muslim and he told me today that even though Ramadan has rules, there are some leniencies that can be forwarded to people like Saad much like what was mentioned above RE Houli....

Can't wait to see him put on the RW&B...

Can we get any chants going for him? :-D

Now lives in Geelong...
sasaint
Club Player

Saad has Egyptian heritage... isn't it obvious he should be a Sainter... check out the Eyptian National Flag
http://www.theodora.com/wfb/egypt/eg.gif :wink:

Patience young grasshopper
goodie
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:I watched him in a foxtel cup match early in the year when he was playing for the Bullants. He looked good.

I like Pelchin. I like complete pricks of human beings and he is one of them.
I'm fine with him being a bastard when he's our bastard

SaintWodonga
Club Player

New Coach & Trading?

With all of these un contracted players, I am wondering if the club is waiting for the new coach to say who he needs in his game plan, and who can go as a result.

I think once the coach (hopefully Watters) comes on board, trades will happen quickly.

Let's trade for picks!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

goods
Club Player

so these are all that have gone before him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fothergill-Round_Medal

gringo
Saintsational Legend

goods wrote:so these are all that have gone before him...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fothergill-Round_Medal
some handy ones in that list.

I went to primary school with Ron De Iulio, he was a good player at school and deserved to get a run with the blues because he never gave up on wanting to play top level footy.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've been watching a few vids on both players. How the hell did we get them??? They both look brilliant!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I've been watching a few vids on both players. How the hell did we get them??? They both look brilliant!
Are they highlights video's?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Great deal. Although with another indigenous, and an Egyptian boy, probably more fodder for the Raph haters. I hope not though. But it still is not helping our salary cap situation is it!
There's always someone who can't help themselves..... :roll:
yes thats right, no Saints supporter would be racist would they?

I'll have to tell the Saint ssupporter behind us at the first round game against Carlton who referred to Garland and Betts as "petrol sniffers".

Thats just a bit of fun isn't it? Political correctness gone mad :roll: :roll:
There was no need to even bring up the racist angle......but as soon as people see they are coloured they are straight onto it....pathetic really
:roll:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I've been watching a few vids on both players. How the hell did we get them??? They both look brilliant!
Wait till you see their lowlights.... :?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Great deal. Although with another indigenous, and an Egyptian boy, probably more fodder for the Raph haters. I hope not though. But it still is not helping our salary cap situation is it!

I'll have to tell the Saint ssupporter behind us at the first round game against Carlton who referred to Garland and Betts as "petrol sniffers".

There was no need to even bring up the racist angle......but as soon as people see they are coloured they are straight onto it....pathetic really
FFS......

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have a bit of ingrained racism- I actually just naturally thought Winmar mixed with Aaron Davey when I saw Terry. He might be more Ablett mixed with Guerra?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

FFS......
Exactly

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
seano1
Club Player

saad

also have a look on you tube at saad saad plays for seymour and he is related to our saad

savatage
SS Life Member

Re: saad

seano1 wrote:also have a look on you tube at saad saad plays for seymour and he is related to our saad
HE's a freak!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Admittedly they are. I'm sure Dawson also has a stack of highlight videos (except the one where he's run down by a Geelong player :lol:)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

Exciting new St Kilda recruits Ahmed Saad and Terry Milera, had their first official visit to the Club’s Linen House Centre facility on Wednesday morning.

Both players had a medical check with the team doctors, before a guided tour of their new training facility with senior coach Scott Watters.

The pacey forwards then had their first media appearance in St Kilda colours, with media taking great interest in their contrasting, but intriguing journeys into to the game of AFL football.

The Club’s newest additions’ said they were very excited to finally visit the St Kilda Football Club headquarters and outlined that they were eager to get stuck into pre-season training in early November.

The Saints secured players Saad and Milera, plus pick 25 in the National Draft during 2011 Trade Week, exchanging the Club’s first round draft pick to Greater Western Sydney under the establishment rules for new clubs.

Stay tuned to saints.com.au for interviews with new St Kilda recruits Ahmed Saad and Terry Milera.

shmic_s
Club Player

Welcome boys!

They don't look like 'rookies'. Look ready to go, especially Saad.
Both have a bit of X factor about them.

Super excited about 2012.

Rosco
Club Player

gee, watters is very small if he's shorter than saad