Raph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

To the top
SS Life Member

Agree that Sam Fisher should have given the instruction to "hold".

Knowing Fisher was in such close proximity, the least Clarke would have expected was voice. With no voice he had every expectation to summise that he was under no immediate threat.

Clarke is no different to all of us, he has no eyes in the back of his head.

He relies on voice.

The other problem with that play was that the ball was centered when the correct play should have been down the line.

There was no support for Clarke on the switch, absolutely none - with the only player available being Fisher who was in very close proximity behind Clarke - so why the ball was centered in that circumstance is beyond me.

It is not as if Fisher was breaking into space looking for the "give" and then to carry a line.

Fisher was static.

As was Clarke.

So why go there?

Mind you, to harp on - but it is totally relevent to the continuing and unrelenting abuse of Clarke by elements of supposed St Kilda supporters - Milne tried to dribble a goal along the ground from 20 metres - and the dribble did not make the distance.

In a Grand Final, more than any other game, given the ball in the position Milne was in - by his team mates hard work, you head straight for the goal line and you drill it 50 rows back - including to inspire your team, of which you are a senior player.

You do not resort to "show pony", "party tricks", as Milne did - costing us a goal. But that is typical of Milne.

There is no mention of this by Shadow or others who gets up in arms when some home truths are levelled against the ageing Milne - but pot Clarke as they do.

Why not?

Because Milne deserves credits given he kicked 11 against a seriously depleted Brisbane a decade ago or kicked 8 against a seriously depleted Adelaide this year?

Sorry, does not wash.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Agree that Sam Fisher should have given the instruction to "hold".

Knowing Fisher was in such close proximity, the least Clarke would have expected was voice. With no voice he had every expectation to summise that he was under no immediate threat.

He relies on voice.

The other problem with that play was that the ball was centered when the correct play should have been down the line.

There was no support for Clarke on the switch, absolutely none - with the only player available being Fisher who was in very close proximity behind Clarke - so why the ball was centered in that circumstance is beyond me.

It is not as if Fisher was breaking into space looking for the "give" and then to carry a line.

Fisher was static.

As was Clarke.

So why go there?

Mind you, to harp on - but it is totally relevent to the continuing and unrelenting abuse of Clarke by elements of supposed St Kilda supporters - Milne tried to dribble a goal along the ground from 20 metres - and the dribble did not make the distance.

In a Grand Final, more than any other game, given the ball in the position Milne was in - by his team mates hard work, you head straight for the goal line and you drill it 50 rows back - including to inspire your team, of which you are a senior player.

You do not resort to "show pony", "party tricks", as Milne did - costing us a goal. But that is typical of Milne.

There is no mention of this by Shadow or others who gets up in arms when some home truths are levelled against the ageing Milne - but pot Clarke as they do.

Why not?

Because Milne deserves credits given he kicked 11 against a seriously depleted Brisbane a decade ago or kicked 8 against a seriously depleted Adelaide this year?

Sorry, does not wash.
The more you write the sillier you sound about Milne. Maybe there is a moron or two on here who like you think Milne shouldnt play next year but I doubt it. The question is have you any idea about footy or do you just like typing crap. I will go with the answers no and yes in that order. Again impressive writing from you but again didnt say much at all. That aging Milne must have been very lucky to be AA this year or was it the Brisban game that got him over the line. As my daughter would say OMG.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
To the top wrote:Agree that Sam Fisher should have given the instruction to "hold".

He relies on voice.

Fisher was static.

As was Clarke.

So why go there?

Why not?

Sorry, does not wash.
The more you write the sillier you sound about Milne. Maybe there is a moron or two on here who like you think Milne shouldnt play next year but I doubt it. The question is have you any idea about footy or do you just like typing crap. I will go with the answers no and yes in that order. Again impressive writing from you but again didnt say much at all. That aging Milne must have been very lucky to be AA this year or was it the Brisban game that got him over the line. As my daughter would say OMG.
You are a classy arguer Mr Plugger. Misconstrue and use out of context snippets to ridicule. I thought you umpired but you are all black and white and no ability to read nuance.... hang on. He has some valid points and you know it so calm down.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He relies on voice.

Fisher was static.

As was Clarke.

So why go there?

Why not?

Sorry, does not wash.
You are a classy arguer Mr Plugger. Misconstrue and use out of context snippets to ridicule. I thought you umpired but you are all black and white and no ability to read nuance.... hang on. He has some valid points and you know it so calm down.
He has no constructive arguments regarding Milne at all. He downgrades his performance at nearly every opportunity. Want proof, go and read what he writes. Comes up every second post. As I said I knew there would be one or two. Now go and read his crap and get back to me. Good luck. You will need it. By the way I will continue to ridicule a guy who says Milne shouldnt be in our side next year. They deserve it.
Last edited by plugger66 on Fri 14 Oct 2011 8:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

He relies on voice.

Fisher was static.

As was Clarke.

So why go there?

Why not?

Sorry, does not wash.
He has no constructive arguments regarding Milne at all. He downgrades his performance at nearly every opportunity. Want proof, go and read what he writes. Comes up every second post. As I said I knew there would be one or two. Now go and read his crap and get back to me. Good luck. You will need it. By the way I will continue to ridicule a guy who says Milne should be in our side next year. They deserve it.
You may want to re read what you just wrote then? Hope that's not Freudian.

lefty
Club Player

There is a reason y ppl get angry at raph clarke, hes too inconsistant, can play really good or really bad. Secondly, always gets run down, you dont need ur teammates to tell u, the crowd already does. Its like groundhog day, how many times do u need till u learn? People use to bag dempster but not this year, he worked hard and played well, made little mistakes and was very solid. Now a very important player, raph needs to take a leaf from dempster

To the top
SS Life Member

Don't worry "Gringo" - the only "umpiring" Shadow does is when he counts to 99 (on hands and toes no doubt) so he knows when to change hands!

Faunicated moron!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Don't worry "Gringo" - the only "umpiring" Shadow does is when he counts to 99 (on hands and toes no doubt) so he knows when to change hands!

Faunicated moron!!
At least you didnt write a book to say that. Well done. Milne shouldnt be in our side next year. Hilarious, for the lack of footy knowledge but Cahill should. Amazing stuff. Now get back to us when you read footy for dummies.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

Wow , new friends.

... this is cosy.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hey I'm a lone wolf but plugger needs reeling in occasionally. He needs to be reminded that arguing takes more than potting peoples ideas. It would be nice if he could learn some technique.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Hey I'm a lone wolf but plugger needs reeling in occasionally. He needs to be reminded that arguing takes more than potting peoples ideas. It would be nice if he could learn some technique.
Are you a comedian

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Hey I'm a lone wolf but plugger needs reeling in occasionally. He needs to be reminded that arguing takes more than potting peoples ideas. It would be nice if he could learn some technique.
why don't you just follow my lead.....i don't respond to him at all...... ignore him...... and i have done so for months......to do otherwise is to bring the whole forum down to his level.....that is in the gutter.....most pple on here don't want to see two people at each other like school children.....i learnt a long time ago that you cannot carry on a conversation with him or even engage in a reasonable argument with him.....so just forget him altogether.....it's for the best.. :wink:
Last edited by stinger on Fri 14 Oct 2011 9:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
why don't you just follow my lead.....i don't respond to him at all...... ignore him...... and i have done so for months......to do otherwise is to bring the whole forum down to his level.....that is in the gutter.....most pple on here don't want to see two people at each other like school children.....i learnt a long time ago that you cannot carry on a conversation with him or even ehgage in a reasonable argument with him.....so just forget him altogether.....
Yep and now you do the gutless third party trick. ffs ffs rolling eyes old cleaner.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Oops; thought this was a thread on Raph Clarke :shock:

My bad :oops:

Carry on.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Oops; thought this was a thread on Raph Clarke :shock:

Carry on.
Yep sorry for sticking up for Milney. Seems no one else cares that this guy pots him at every opportunity.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Oops; thought this was a thread on Raph Clarke :shock:

Carry on.
Just let them bag each other...

Least it won't be Raph.

Just saying.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:There is a reason y ppl get angry at raph clarke, hes too inconsistant, can play really good or really bad. Secondly, always gets run down, you dont need ur teammates to tell u, the crowd already does. Its like groundhog day, how many times do u need till u learn? People use to bag dempster but not this year, he worked hard and played well, made little mistakes and was very solid. Now a very important player, raph needs to take a leaf from dempster
Do you really think a player should react to the crowd? If you do you've obviously never played sport, at any level.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Yep sorry for sticking up for Milney. Seems no one else cares that this guy pots him at every opportunity.
I don't think Milney needs sticking up for ... I would imagine he wouldn't give two hoots what people on ss think

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
asiu
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Oops; thought this was a thread BAGGING on Raph Clarke :shock:

Carry on.

... hope that helps.
:)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:
skeptic wrote:
saintdooley wrote:
skeptic wrote:I think he's a much better defender then Gwilt...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol
explain to me why he isn't?

Raph is better in the air
more accountable
covers more space
Smarter
wins more contested ball

Gwilt is a better disposer of the ball and cleaner with his hands and more composed

and :lol: :lol: :lol: is hardly a convincing argument

lets hear either of you two guys make an argument
who ever said i was arguing? i was just laughing.
you are ridiculing but if you don't want to actually engage in a debate despite sharing an opinion... well I'll survive

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I don't think Milney needs sticking up for ... I would imagine he wouldn't give two hoots what people on ss think
Some people who post on here think everything that is posted is gospel and could affect the player in question....

serious.... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
To the top
SS Life Member

You know, over here in the US of A, seeing the staggering number of people sleeping rough under bits of cardboard, kids with signs saying they have no money for food and even one guy with a sign saying "I will tell the truth. I just want enough money to buy a beer" - and particularly when you are here to address an economic seminar - and I do savage the pin stripes and the balance between markets and government, arguing for stronger regulation to right that balance and for better management of public finances than the political point scoring we see today - savaging also the TEA Party rump of the GOP as a danger to humanity, the responses of Shadow are irrelevant in direct inverted proportion to the dynamic of Time Square.

Mind you, to follow this site as an "authoritive site" on what is actually happening during Trade Week and as it impacts on St Kilda is sadly disappointing.

Incidentally, is Watson now confirmed as Australia's premier cricketer, with the bat, with the ball and in the field?

When all you can do is mis-represent and rely on a one line attack, significantly relying on personal attack, then confirming you can not comprehend and, accordingly, can not entertain or maintain the tenants of debate on points raised, you will never get anything right.

My view is and remains that, to improve as required, St Kilda needs to move past Milne and his "party tricks" to mid-sized footballers who bring pace and flexibility to the roster.

That is my considered view.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
To the top wrote:Don't worry "Gringo" - the only "umpiring" Shadow does is when he counts to 99 (on hands and toes no doubt) so he knows when to change hands!

Faunicated moron!!
At least you didnt write a book to say that. Well done. Milne shouldnt be in our side next year. Hilarious, for the lack of footy knowledge but Cahill should. Amazing stuff. Now get back to us when you read footy for dummies.
Milne up until 2010 had failed to produce consistently against good opposition. Last year he played some brilliant footy and he backed it up this year with another great year and a spot in the AA team (some spectacular match winning performances this year and last have finally vindicated the true believers faith in the tiprat). The footy world however had been wondering for many years why the Saints persevered with a bloke for so long that made as many clangers as Milney did.

Why do the ex-footballers now commentating on MMM and other radio stations and the past players on the telly call Milney the 'tiprat'? That nickname infers something that is at the lower end of the food chain - vermin and a parasite and maybe it also somehow implies that he doesn't quite have the honourable character of a soldier and a team player. These guys aren't the Quarterbrain and McAvaney and Commetti types, but the blokes that actually played at the elite level.

Ross Lyon persevered with him., when many wouldn't have. I'm not saying Milne can't play great footy, but gees it's taken a while hasn't it. In fact, it's questionable that Milney earnt his spot in the team in the early years of his career. At what cost to the team has his learning and his elevation of his reputation come at? We all have our blokes we like to blame...for me it'll always be Milney. If he'd actually performed in the GF's I'd shut-up and keep quiet, but he had to jump at shadows instead of going for the footy for the umpteenth time didn't he?!!!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Faunicated moron!!
Milne up until 2010 had failed to produce consistently against good opposition. Last year he played some brilliant footy and he backed it up this year with another great year and a spot in the AA team (some spectacular match winning performances this year and last have finally vindicated the true believers faith in the tiprat). The footy world however had been wondering for many years why the Saints persevered with a bloke for so long that made as many clangers as Milney did.

Why do the ex-footballers now commentating on MMM and other radio stations and the past players on the telly call Milney the 'tiprat'? That nickname infers something that is at the lower end of the food chain - vermin and a parasite and maybe it also somehow implies that he doesn't quite have the honourable character of a soldier and a team player. These guys aren't the Quarterbrain and McAvaney and Commetti types, but the blokes that actually played at the elite level.

Ross Lyon persevered with him., when many wouldn't have. I'm not saying Milne can't play great footy, but gees it's taken a while hasn't it. In fact, it's questionable that Milney earnt his spot in the team in the early years of his career. At what cost to the team has his learning and his elevation of his reputation come at? We all have our blokes we like to blame...for me it'll always be Milney. If he'd actually performed in the GF's I'd shut-up and keep quiet, but he had to jump at shadows instead of going for the footy for the umpteenth time didn't he?!!!
Have a look at his record. If the ball bounces the right way he kicks 2 of the last 3 goals in GF1 and we win. He would go down as an all time Saint great.
As it is he will be remembered as not only one of the Saints greatest goalkickers but also on of the AFL's greatest ever small forwards.

You mark him way too hard IMO.

Go Tiprat 8-) 8-)

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Faunicated moron!!

I'm not sure he didn't earn his spot. He has been an adaptable player and really only went missing on occasions. He has had a great career. Milney deserves his place in the team while he continues to play good footy but it would be good if our new smalls challenged him for a spot.