It's Inevitable

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

It's Inevitable

We are all waiting for the announcement of our new coach.
However, despite all the positives, who on this forum and how long will it take for the inevitable request to sack the new coach.
We all know it's going to happen, let's have nominations and when it will happen.
Which is actually quite sad really, but we are St.Kilda supporters starved of success.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
sainterinsydney
Club Player

We have to stop being so pessimistic. The only way to turn this club around is to forget the past and be abit more optimistic. We need to look forward, as we can't change the past.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: It's Inevitable

3rd generation saint wrote:We are all waiting for the announcement of our new coach.
However, despite all the positives, who on this forum and how long will it take for the inevitable request to sack the new coach.
We all know it's going to happen, let's have nominations and when it will happen.
Which is actually quite sad really, but we are St.Kilda supporters starved of success.
What the?

Are you drunk?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:We are all waiting for the announcement of our new coach.
And call for the sacking of the Board that endorsed him!

Oh wait, that's already happening :P

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

**** off u moron.

“Yeah….nah””
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Intra Club match, Some nuffie on here wont like what they see.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

No, but I do remember not far into the 07 season, people we're calling for the removal of Lyon and what a mistake it was to hire him.
Sadly, I know it will come, unless we get off to an absolute flyer for the season and do what Geelong did this year.
But if we have a so so, or poor start to the season, the new coach, board etc will become the scapegoats of a few on this forum.
Also sadly, it is inevitable that we will drop down the ladder as part of the cycle, the challenge will be how quick we can turn it around.
Let's not forget there would have been filth fans wanting to oust Malthouse after the 05 and 06 seasons, Geelong fans who wanted to get rid of Thompson after 06 and early 07.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Hey 3rd Gen,

YOU CAN PLEASE SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOME OF THE TIME BUT YOU'LL NEVER PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Round 1 2012
St k 6.8.44
Freo 6.9.45

TOO DEFENSIVE :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saintsational Legend

Okay, let's make this a bit more realistic and perhaps a bit less offensive.

How long till GT makes some negative comment about our appointment? :P

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Too early yet?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Okay, let's make this a bit more realistic and perhaps a bit less offensive.

can imagine him writing the headlines as we speak, same for David king who was getting stuck into us last week, fn prick

I love this club
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

You are so right Eastern, what I'll be hoping for is a new philosphy that combines both defence and offence.
You need to kick goals to win, not just restrict the ability of the other team to score.
A lot of people here bagged Blake for the mistake he made in round 1 this year that cost us the game, but in reality, what really cost us the game was the fact we only managed 6 goals in near perfect conditions.
If we had kicked doble digit goals, Blake could have handballed the ball directly to Milburn and all it would have done is reduce our percentage,

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I'm ready to start a "sack the coach" thread right now.

It's less than 17 hours before he will be appointed and he's achieved absolutely nothing other than failing miserably to keep his identity a secret (other than from Hutcho and End of an Era).

And what does he think about stats relating to hitouts to advantage? He doesn't seem to give a stuff!

Pathetic. Time to go.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
loris
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I'm ready to start a "sack the coach" thread right now.

It's less than 17 hours before he will be appointed and he's achieved absolutely nothing other than failing miserably to keep his identity a secret (other than from Hutcho and End of an Era).

And what does he think about stats relating to hitouts to advantage? He doesn't seem to give a stuff!

Pathetic. Time to go.

Don't just threaten to start a new thread............. DO IT :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Okay, let's make this a bit more realistic and perhaps a bit less offensive.

When is GT's next media comment/article due? :roll: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

When is GT's next media comment/article due? :roll: !!
Who cares!!!!! :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We have a winner.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What a pompous and self righteous post. I challenge you to find a single post seriously calling for lyon to be sacked ever.
People - me included moaned about a few thinngs he did or more importantly wouldn't do. But I can't remember a single person seriously calling for his sacking ever.
So get over yourself.

patientladysaint
Club Player

sainterinsydney wrote:We have to stop being so pessimistic. The only way to turn this club around is to forget the past and be abit more optimistic. We need to look forward, as we can't change the past.

Well said!

Waiting somewhat patiently. When it comes, another St Kilda Premiership will be all the sweeter for the wait. GO SAINTS ! ! !
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Sorry to upset you Con, however I do remember some posts, that even though they might not have come out and said it, but strongly suggested Lyon to go during the first quarter and a half of the Nth Melb game up at the Gold Coast in 08.
Of course that all turned arond in the 2nd half when the players finally started to properly implement Lyon's game plan.
Look, I hope it never happens, I hope I'm completely wrong, but unfortunately, if we don't get off to a good start, or have a poor season, I know we will hear, either on this site or amongst conversations with fellow supporters, "oh we should have got so and so instead, the board made the wrong decision' etc etc.
It's the nature of football supporters of teams who have not known success for a long time.
As I said, there would have been plenty of Geelong supporters after round 5 2007 calling for Thompson's head, I personally heard filth supporters after the 08 semi final declaring it was time for Malthouse to go.
As for me personally, I am very optimistic, I might not like the guy, but if Watters comes with a glowing reference from Malthouse, then that makes me excited.
I'm looking forward to enjoying watching my team play and win than just 'well we won' attitude I got this year.
I'm looking forward to not seeing football that includes offence not just defence.
I'm looking forward to seeing us going out there to win games, not try and not lose games.
I'm looking forward to a much more positive energy around the club than what there has been the last 12 months.
And I look forward to reading everyone's opinion on here, regardless if they agree with me or not.
How many days is it to the NAB Cup?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Yawn... no wonder we are generally considered a joke.

The attitude of this post is the same that I experience at games.

This is the loser culture that people talk about.

The club and the players can only do so much...

The supporters are part of a club, and when one part of your organisation is so negative and pessimistic what hope do you have.

Negativity breeds negativity.

Positivity breeds positivity.

Be positive FFS, it'll make a difference to your day to day life also.

kalsaint
Club Player

3rd generation saint wrote:Sorry to upset you Con, however I do remember some posts, that even though they might not have come out and said it, but strongly suggested Lyon to go during the first quarter and a half of the Nth Melb game up at the Gold Coast in 08.
Of course that all turned arond in the 2nd half when the players finally started to properly implement Lyon's game plan.
Look, I hope it never happens, I hope I'm completely wrong, but unfortunately, if we don't get off to a good start, or have a poor season, I know we will hear, either on this site or amongst conversations with fellow supporters, "oh we should have got so and so instead, the board made the wrong decision' etc etc.
It's the nature of football supporters of teams who have not known success for a long time.
As I said, there would have been plenty of Geelong supporters after round 5 2007 calling for Thompson's head, I personally heard filth supporters after the 08 semi final declaring it was time for Malthouse to go.
As for me personally, I am very optimistic, I might not like the guy, but if Watters comes with a glowing reference from Malthouse, then that makes me excited.
I'm looking forward to enjoying watching my team play and win than just 'well we won' attitude I got this year.
I'm looking forward to not seeing football that includes offence not just defence.
I'm looking forward to seeing us going out there to win games, not try and not lose games.
I'm looking forward to a much more positive energy around the club than what there has been the last 12 months.
And I look forward to reading everyone's opinion on here, regardless if they agree with me or not.
How many days is it to the NAB Cup?
Well I for 1 actually prefered Hinkley or Tudor but if Scott has the job then I say go for it.

I remember him playing as a midfielder. He was quite talented, especially with his hands, under pressure and often gave the team a clearance.

He was also quite creative too so if his brings those 2 talents to the game plan that will be a real positive.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
What a pompous and self righteous post. I challenge you to find a single post seriously calling for lyon to be sacked ever.
People - me included moaned about a few thinngs he did or more importantly wouldn't do. But I can't remember a single person seriously calling for his sacking ever.
So get over yourself.
I made a number of posts a few rounds into the 2008 season calling for Lyon to go. He proved me comprehensively wrong: good on him.

I have also gone on the record posting that Watters must go. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift