Harvey Wants Out?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

savatage
SS Life Member

SA1NTER wrote:Robert Harvey is an absolute legend of the game and our club and a champion bloke. If he does leave us to coach elsewhere then I wish him all the best.

I don't want to see any Saints supporter giving him disrespect if he leaves, he is not a Ross Lyon type of person.he never turned his back on us for 20 odd years, and we shall return the favor, whoever he works for in a few days or weeks. Thank You Harvey, Saint for life. Don't forget it people.
Perfectly summed up.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Bernard Shakey wrote:Robert Harvey will never be a senior head coach at AFL level. The sooner he accepts this fact, the sooner he can get on with his life.
Agree Sainter but also fully agree with above comment aswell...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

sainter#4 wrote:being perfectly honest, i dont see harves as being a great loss. our midfield got demolished in matches more often then not last year and even lead to ross having to take a more hands on roll with the midfielders(as said by ross on triple m before west coast game). That was his direct assignment.

if he cracked the sads that after 2 years as an ASSISTANT, having had no head coaching experience else were eg vfl, wafl etc then he can leave and i wont think twice.

laidley on the other hand, is a must get. knows the tactical side of the game and would love him to guide watters in both preparation and match day coaching.for those of you who remember 05 i think. we were leading by about 14 points and with 5 minutes to go he moved shannon grant forward who bagged the last 3 after doing SFA the whole day.
Not according to Thomo.

16 Oct

gwj21 glennj
@
@thomo_ninemsn New saints coach. Laidley may yet join. Thoughts?
16 Oct

thomo_ninemsn Grant Thomas
@
@gwj21 Highly doubtful hopefully.
16 Oct

@gwj21 Dean has to rake account for his performance at Port which seems to have been unacceptable.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Robert Harvey will never be a senior head coach at AFL level. The sooner he accepts this fact, the sooner he can get on with his life.
To be fair to Harves, we haven't heard his side of the story.
Not interested in his side of the story, all I'm saying is that in my opinion, he will not be an AFL senior head coach.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

well if he goes to the pies i'll start to consider the move myself - after lyon screwed over two of my favs in ball and max!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:
SA1NTER wrote:Robert Harvey is an absolute legend of the game and our club and a champion bloke. If he does leave us to coach elsewhere then I wish him all the best.

I don't want to see any Saints supporter giving him disrespect if he leaves, he is not a Ross Lyon type of person.he never turned his back on us for 20 odd years, and we shall return the favor, whoever he works for in a few days or weeks. Thank You Harvey, Saint for life. Don't forget it people.
Perfectly summed up.
Could say the same a bout Max.

But Max actually helped another club stop us from winning a flag.
I love 35, but if he joins another club he is the enemy...at least until he returns.

Either you are with us, or f*** YOU!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

okay - considered it. sorry harvs, not a chance - but i will await your return!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
jmac101
Club Player

Why did he come back to the club in the first place if he is going to leave after one year?

Strange decision.

philip
Club Player

I don't think you are qualified to make that comment.

I am happy to report that Carlton rated his coaching very highly and were quite dissapointed to lose him and his input when he left to come here.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

jmac101 wrote:Why did he come back to the club in the first place if he is going to leave after one year?

Strange decision.
Why did the club get him back after only a year as an assistant coach?

Wasn't in his best interests IMO, to be perfectly honest, not sure Ross could get anyone else...

He ended up with a recent player, a recent player, a mate from Sydney, and a Port assistant.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:

I am happy to report that Carlton rated his coaching very highly and were quite dissapointed to lose him and his input when he left to come here.

philip
Ultimately 18 AFL teams will decide whether Harvey ever becomes a senior coach and it won't matter a bit what any of us think.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:

philip
Good for you philip. I am qualified to make that comment as it is my opinion, and I'm happy to report he was not the senior head coach at Carlton.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
Not interested in his side of the story, all I'm saying is that in my opinion, he will not be an AFL senior head coach.
How do you know that he's not getting on with his life if you have not heard him talk about it unless you believe everything in the media.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
elizabethr
Club Player

SainterK wrote:
jmac101 wrote:Why did he come back to the club in the first place if he is going to leave after one year?

Strange decision.
Why did the club get him back after only a year as an assistant coach?

Wasn't in his best interests IMO, to be perfectly honest, not sure Ross could get anyone else...

He ended up with a recent player, a recent player, a mate from Sydney, and a Port assistant.
Because Ross surrounded himself with Yesmen.

nothing to say
StGoddard18
Club Player

I remember Buckley was on Footy Classified and they asked him which player he admired the most. He said Harves. So no wonder he wants him at Collingwood.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
How do you know that he's not getting on with his life if you have not heard him talk about it unless you believe everything in the media.
Look, I'm pretty sure the great man is pretty happy with his life in general. I was only talking about his football life, and he needs to accept that senior coach is probably not on the radar for him. It's no big deal, he can still make a tidy living in a development role, which is what Carlton got him for.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

philip wrote:

philip
You do know Carlton gave him the flick dont you? Cant have rated him that highly :roll:

philip
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:
philip wrote:

philip
You do know Carlton gave him the flick dont you? Cant have rated him that highly :roll:
If you think that you are widely deluded, trolling, misinformed, stupid or all of the above.

And he was not just a development coach.

I'm not saying he would be a great coach, no one knows that but can we have some perspective and truth in this discussion.

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:Did you see the back page of the h/s today?

These softcock wankers are so desperate to sink the boots into us , when in reality the problem is that they will never ever have sex with something that resembles a human. But at least they can dream of being pounded by ed.
what what said Satch ? I didn't get to see the Lib rag on tues.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

philip wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
philip wrote:

philip
If you think that you are widely deluded, trolling, misinformed, stupid or all of the above.

And he was not just a development coach.

I'm not saying he would be a great coach, no one knows that but can we have some perspective and truth in this discussion.

philip
Actually u must be deluded. Carlton had a cleanout of all their assistant coaches as they wanted to bring in people with more experience. Harvs, Lappin were just couple that were shown the door. It just so happened we were looking for a new assistant coach at same time and we jumped at getting him cos he was favourite son...

But hey i must be trolling cos theres no way that is true is it.... Maybe u should go back and look at all the Carlton coached that were moved on, and if you still think Harvs wasnt shown the door then thats fine as its your opinion.... :roll:

sainter66

Unfortunately he should never been appointed care taker coach when there was no possibility he would be seriously considered for the permanent position.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:Brown defects from the pies....
Harley leaves cats in the lurch
Milburn leaves the State...

It could be the Subeditor that has the angst for the Saints
But the Heading could have read..

Harvey yet to decide- ( fact)
Harvey looking at all options
Harves taking time to consider.

subtle differances but that's all that is required to put a positive slant , rather than feeding the negative crocodile....
They changed the Heading
.Harvey on the brink
Mark Stevens
ST KILDA legend Robert Harvey met new coach Scott Watters but it appears increasingly likely he will leave the club.

although the link still says the same.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
fingers
Saintsational Legend

He will always be a Saint but if I trust that the process for senior coach was thorough - and it sounds like it was - then Harvs wasn't there yet. The club wants him to stay. If he wants to go to learn more, or earn more - then go. If he has spat the dummy over not getting the gig then that's his right.

mohannair
Club Player

Honestly I do not rate Harvey as a great coach, does not have that leadership qualities which are reqd. for being a good coach.

Moreover it is always good to have someone from other club rather than having oue own guy.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Lets look to the future- Harvs is a great Saint, but I doubt if he is senior coaching material, and should pursue whatever opportunities he can secure for his future in football.