Robert Harvey walks out!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Surely a sign of board strength.

If he was fourth they may have pushed him through... But clearly behind other and having him present for a 2nd would have been a farse.

GO BOARD & Selection committee...!!!

manoffewwords
Club Player

Harves lives 10 minutes From Seaford!

Say something once why say it again?
Ice Wolf
Club Player

He can now enjoy his hour+ long drive in heavy traffic to Swan St (or alternatively take an hour+ train trip) over the 15 to 20 min drive from Mt Eliza

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
St Ick wrote:Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...
Eh?

Didn't Harves play childhood footy at Belvedere Park?
Think there may have been a large dose of sarcasm in St Ick's post :wink:

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

markp wrote:I blame Lyon.

Someone help me figure out why....
He is the one that got Harvs to come back to the club after a stint at the Paperbaggers. Had he not done this and then left himself Harvs wouldn't have had to apply and get rejected for the Head coaching job thus leading to this topic

Does that help?

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
markp
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:
markp wrote:I blame Lyon.

Someone help me figure out why....
Because it's easier to blame Lyon than to actually admit that maybe our Robert Harvey wasn't up to the top job and has cracked the sh1ts or has decided to expand his horizons.
Or he was treated shabbily, and really had no option.

Possible?... Yes.

And my mail tells me that's the case.

Add everything up over the last couple of months and it seems pretty obvious that there's something rotten in the state of denmark, but most are refusing to acknowledge it.

So it seems Harvey is a sook... a traitor... or money hungry?

Any chance Lyon or Walsh were just 'expanding their horizons'?... Nup, Lyon is a greedy liar and Walsh was treated badly and did the only thing he could.

mohannair
Club Player

Re: Robert Harvey walks out!

Dr Spaceman wrote:
barks4eva wrote:Obviously Seaford is becoming an issue :)
But not an issue if you get the top job :roll:
Do not think so, as he lives in Frankston,

simple word "sook"

Kilda
Club Player

I think you're missing the point here: it's not about Robert Harvey and whether he's having a sulk...look at the wider issue.

It's about the club and the way the place operates...clearly, something is not right. Yes, assistant coaches come and go but that does not explain Ross Lyon's abrupt departure, Tommy Walsh looking elsewhere, that
many (still) within the club have complained about Seaford, the off-field sagas, the massive debt incurred this year....all point to a club that is not stable or unified.

If supporters want to keep their head in the sand and ignore these matters, and think that everything at the club is rosy, well...so be it.

shmic_s
Club Player

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

You people who are posting that Robert Harvey is a "sook" and the like are absolutely pathetic individuals.

Pathetic little keyboard heros.

Know nothing children.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:
St Ick wrote:Yeah, definitely Seaford... Harves saw the town and was shocked I heard, couldn't understand why anyone would ever be associated with Seaford...
Eh?

Didn't Harves play childhood footy at Belvedere Park?
Think ..hope ..that was sarcasm..this really annoys me that the people are assuming that if he walks he has cracked the sads..may'be he is just sensibly looking at broading his horisons..if he is unhappy and has fallen out with Burkey I would be disappointed and would back Burkey 100 % but I just think people are making assumptions...hoping he comes out and makes a statement soon to kill off the bulls*** :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

You people who are posting that Robert Harvey is a "sook" and the like are absolutely pathetic individuals.

Pathetic little keyboard heros.

Know nothing children.

Q5
Club Player

saint patrick wrote:Think ..hope ..that was sarcasm..this really annoys me that the people are assuming that if he walks he has cracked the sads..may'be he is just sensibly looking at broading his horisons..if he is unhappy and has fallen out with Burkey I would be disappointed and would back Burkey 100 % but I just think people are making assumptions...hoping he comes out and makes a statement soon to kill off the bulls*** :roll:
I agree, but what I find sad is that he shouldn't HAVE to come out and make a statement! It is all just the media hyping it up to create a 'non' story - all the presumptions, assumptions, guessing... No one really knows what's going on other than Robert Harvey, and to be honest, he doesn't have to explain himself to anyone! I love Harves, and really hope he does the best thing for himself!

jays
Club Player

Wow

jays
Club Player

Wow

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

In the cold light of day, I'm happy he wasn't treated any differently to any other candidate. If he'd been given the senior job, the assumption would have been he was favoured in the process.

I liked Watters' thoughts, that he took confidence from being selected, due to the process that was undertaken. I like that thinking.

I don't know if Harvey felt any sort of entitlement to the job, but I'm not convinced he feels animosity towards the club.

He just moves on to the next job, much the same as every other assistant coach does these days.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It's not like every past club champion must remain at the club because people like them, as it's a professional game and Harv's was not considered in the top three coaching canditates by a panel with wide experience in many disciplines. If I was in Harv's boat, I too would move on and I wish him well, and he may yet get a senior position with a bit more experience under his belt.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:In the cold light of day, I'm happy he wasn't treated any differently to any other candidate. If he'd been given the senior job, the assumption would have been he was favoured in the process.

I liked Watters' thoughts, that he took confidence from being selected, due to the process that was undertaken. I like that thinking.

I don't know if Harvey felt any sort of entitlement to the job, but I'm not convinced he feels animosity towards the club.

He just moves on to the next job, much the same as every other assistant coach does these days.
THIS :)

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Man I still can't get over Guy McKenna, a 3 million game veteran at WC turning his back on the Weagles to assist at Collingwood and then take on the Suns. Devastating.

And to think Sheeds turned his back on Richmond for all those years.

And Leigh Matthews at Collingwood and Brisbane. I mean it's so sad.

Fair dinkum what has the world become.

I'm so over it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I don't get this whole Seaford issue.

Do people honestly think it makes a difference? Obviously those referring to Harvey having issues with it are taking this piss, as we all know he lives down that way..

Did Mitch Clarke get scared off by Melbourne training at some sh1thole down Cranburn way or wherever they are??

Do the Hawks boys enjoy hanging out with the moccasin bregade down at Waverly Gardens?

Why does a 30/45 min drive, down the coast no less, always come up with our club.. And not just with supporters, don't get me wrong, I'd have loved them to move more local to me in st.kilda & have better access, but the media flog this bs aswell..

Time to look for other excuses, this ones run it's race.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

This "article" is a mirror of an "article" in the Sun that basically puts forward opinion as fact. Nothing to see here

If Harvey does walk out and go to the filth then so be it. Id love him to stay and be a vital cog in our new machine but if he wants to explore the grass on the other side of the fence then that is his choice.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Buckets
SS Life Member

So is this fact??? Or just the ramblings of the sites Rambling man?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Just another B4E opportunity to slam the board ... We know nothing about what bangers is thinking .. He mAy have been told he needs more experience at this stage to be a senior coach and he may be tossing up if it's better to get that experience at St Kilda or at another club ... He wants to be a senior coach you can't blame him for wanting to do the best thing for him to get to that goal.. Did we all sook when Spud went to Richmond ? Or when spud hired Loewe as a tigers assistant ? Do we hear collingwood people complaining about Burns working at WCE ? Sriously saints fans are such negative nancys especially those who blame Maxy for 2010

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/