Paul Cahill

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ross who?
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:Had too much flair for Ross the old Boss.

Too many injuries unfortunately as well.

If he gets the chop he may get a lifeline at WCE who have been sniffing.
Paul was actually one of RL's pets! Told Paul after he kicked 6 against Frankston at the start of this year,that if he could back it up with at least 3 the next game, that he would be in the Saints round 3 team.
What happened.............first time ball went forward the next game, Paul did his quad. Out for 6-8 weeks. (Ended up about 10 I think?????) Correct me if I am wrong

Blake Acres fan club VIP
SaintWal
Club Player

Ross who? wrote:

Paul was actually one of RL's pets! Told Paul after he kicked 6 against Frankston at the start of this year,that if he could back it up with at least 3 the next game, that he would be in the Saints round 3 team.
What happened.............first time ball went forward the next game, Paul did his quad. Out for 6-8 weeks. (Ended up about 10 I think?????) Correct me if I am wrong
Don't know about being a pet but the injury was correct and also I heard the same after his game of 6.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Sounds like he's got something. Would like to see him get a good run at it.

If Stanley could fulfill some of his promise....all the better!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:Paul was actually one of RL's pets! Told Paul after he kicked 6 against Frankston at the start of this year,that if he could back it up with at least 3 the next game, that he would be in the Saints round 3 team.
And the punchline is that Paul believed him :wink:

Interesting, though. Maybe the feeling was we don't need Walsh with Cahill coming through :lol:

SaintWal
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
Ross who? wrote:Paul was actually one of RL's pets! Told Paul after he kicked 6 against Frankston at the start of this year,that if he could back it up with at least 3 the next game, that he would be in the Saints round 3 team.
And the punchline is that Paul believed him :wink:

Interesting, though. Maybe the feeling was we don't need Walsh with Cahill coming through :lol:
Optimism, ah the folly of youth and fellow Saints supporters

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:

He kicked 6 against Frankston. No big deal Frankston were rubbish.

Did his quad in the first minute next week. Geary broke his leg and Cripps was out with a hip in the first quarter. Ross arrived just before quarter time and went off his nut at Misson when he realised he'd lost three Saints in the first quarter.

Cahill will never make it, he doesn't try hard enough.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Cahill will never make it, he doesn't try hard enough.
Was there an incentive to though Bernie?

I know there is the business of self pride, doing it for Sandy etc, but our kids must of been realists about the state of it all.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Cahill will never make it, he doesn't try hard enough.
that's a shame, because he apparently has ability

Scoop
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
....as were Collingwood....now didn't someone else also kick 6 against them...???....seem to have seen that a lot in the media lately...

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
....as were Collingwood....now didn't someone else also kick 6 against them...???....seem to have seen that a lot in the media lately...
Yeah but Cahill isn't Irishy enough. His were rubbish easy goals.

To the top
SS Life Member

I understand he played exceptionally well v. Geelong at Geelong, playing off a wing and going forward to kick goals.

Interested some at Geelong who were told he was in contention for promotion.

I also understand that he was not too shabby in the final VFL game of the year.

After missing a large slab of the season with injury.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
B-rad wrote:He was texting a girl...
Sounds like trouble. Delist.
I didnt tell the full story as for my first post on here it might have been a bit sensationalist but yeah she actually showed me the pix he sent her of himself, on her phone... this was all happening around the time of that other issue. I called bulls*** when she told me, as I couldn't believe a player could be so stupid, but had to eat humble pie when she showed the pix.
When she was boasting about him being a Saints player, i was like "never heard of him", lol.
was it a photo of his private parts?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
I didnt tell the full story as for my first post on here it might have been a bit sensationalist but yeah she actually showed me the pix he sent her of himself, on her phone... this was all happening around the time of that other issue. I called bulls*** when she told me, as I couldn't believe a player could be so stupid, but had to eat humble pie when she showed the pix.
When she was boasting about him being a Saints player, i was like "never heard of him", lol.
If you are a saints supporter why hadn't you heard of him :?:
not real bright are you 8856 brother?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Injury plagued, poor attitude, too skinny = not much chance in the AFL. Might have a bit of talent but not enough to make up for his other shortcomings.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
What's your point Con? Did I say something dumb?

mad saint guy wrote:Injury plagued, poor attitude, too skinny = not much chance in the AFL. Might have a bit of talent but not enough to make up for his other shortcomings.
that's a bit unfair MSG, the guy is a kid we drafted, he hasn't done much yet but he deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt while he is with us. He might get new opportunities or he might fade into obscurity but at least give the guys we draft a chance or otherwise we need to be happy recycling others rejects.

B-rad

Con Gorozidis wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
was it a photo of his private parts?
No just a photo of him with his top off, in his jeans, taken by someone who appears to be on their knees looking up at him.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
well it appeared that way. B-rad was being funny i think - when a girl is bragging about knowing some footy player - the standard response is to say "never heard of him" - even though i suspect b-rad really had but was just not wanting to give the girl any ego boost or any leg up to this "famous" footy player.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
8856brother wrote:
B-rad wrote:
vacuous space wrote:
well it appeared that way. B-rad was being funny i think - when a girl is bragging about knowing some footy player - the standard response is to say "never heard of him" - even though i suspect b-rad really had but was just not wanting to give the girl any ego boost or any leg up to this "famous" footy player.
Fair enough. I should have known that. I'm shattered now as I thought I understood women pretty well. Obviously I don't.