St Kilda has appointed Terry Dillon from Hawthorn as COO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:I await the alternative ticket that Joffaboy and Barks are assembling for the imminent board spill! (register now for tickets to the AGM)
Want nothing to do with the board. I am not going near their finances with a ten foot pole.

The place is a shambles, brought about by the numpties and financial ignoramouses who couldn't wait to oust Butterss and his admin (the admin BTW that resuced the club from financial ruin).

I am not going to clean up someone elses absolute mess.

However if there was an alternative, someone with the financial nous and expertise as we had under the Butterss admin, I would be voting for them in a shot.

This admin has let us down badly, farked our finances, lost a coach, lost major sponsors and have totally put us back to the dark days of the 90's.

good on you, you lot of financial numpties.

Dont cry now because the joint is broke its your own doing.
Numpties?!

Nice day for a spot of fishing, but no big catch just yet.

Say it ain't so, Joffaboy!

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"Numpties" ( :? ?) "Financial ignoramuses" (? :? ) You're not very kind to your fellow members Joofaboy :wink: Do you and Barks have anyone particular in mind who we "Numpties and financial ignoramuses" could consider voting for in a future board spill? Sorry? can't hear either of you?
Actually I take it back, You're right! I AM a "numptie" AND a "financial ignoramus"...well how else could you describe someone who has stumped up good money over many years, for WHAT??? Yes mate you're right! I bow to your "financial nous" :roll: Well "numptie and ignoramus" I may be, but until SOMEONE gives an alternative I'll stick with the board thank you!
Last edited by thejiggingsaint on Wed 19 Oct 2011 1:10pm, edited 4 times in total.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Thomas
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:"Numpties" ( :? ?) "Financial ignoramuses" (? :? ) You're not very kind to your fellow members Joofaboy :wink: Do you and Barks have anyone particular in mind who we "Numpties and financial ignoramuses" could consider voting for in a future board spill? Sorry? can't hear either of you?
Actually I take it back, You're right Joofa! I AM a "numptie" AND a "financial ignoramus"...well how else could you describe someone who has stumped up good money over many years, for WHAT??? Yes mate you're right! I bow to your "financial nous" :roll: Though SOME may call it (like sticking it out for four quarters in the GF replay) LOYALTY.
Well "numptie and ignoramus" I may be, but until SOMEONE gives an alternative I'll stick with the board thank you!
+1

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... 6170142737

St Kilda says it misses out on $210,000 for every home game not played at the MCG.

The Saints estimate they would bring in $4.9million from 11 home games at the 'G, compared to $1.89million at Etihad.

Having played two home games at the MCG this season the gate revenue estimate would be $2.31M. $4.9M less that figure is $2.59M. Basically the difference between the club posting a profit or a loss this year in spite of having the worst season PR-wise in recent memory; and almost doubling staff numbers and club revenue in the space of four years.

That's the real story of the Westaway administration.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

InkerSaint wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/e ... 6170142737

St Kilda says it misses out on $210,000 for every home game not played at the MCG.

The Saints estimate they would bring in $4.9million from 11 home games at the 'G, compared to $1.89million at Etihad.

Having played two home games at the MCG this season the gate revenue estimate would be $2.31M. $4.9M less that figure is $2.59M. Basically the difference between the club posting a profit or a loss this year in spite of having the worst season PR-wise in recent memory; and almost doubling staff numbers and club revenue in the space of four years.

That's the real story of the Westaway administration.
Exactly InkerSaint.

There's too many experts on here that probably struggle to manage their own finances but are happy to pot people that run a multi-million dollar business (that operates in a vastly lobsided market).

Butterss did a good job of rejuvenating the club's finances (on the back of Plympton actually saving the club) but he also presided over a period of reasonable success, improving membership & sponsorship.

The club was run on the smell of an oily rag so that there were some $$$ in the bank- unfortunately this resulted in injury & rehab facilities being ignored (that cost the club a flag IMO), recruiting & player development was ignored (there has been no junior development since the drafting of the current core of top liners in 2000-2003).

Losing sponsors now is a combination of the global financial situation (Jeld Wen being a clear example) & poor publicity due to player brain fades & media persecution.

The current board is doing a pretty solid job & the addition of Pelchen & Bains shows that they are very aware of the challenges of free agency that are only 12 months away.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Ahh Come on!!! we don't need this sort of post :wink: REALLY do we? :roll: according to some (who are entitled to their opinion and to put that opinion forcibly if they wish) its the fault of the members who put the current board in! :wink:
Reagrds to all from another "numptie" :wink: :lol:

Dave Robicheaux
Club Player

How y'all doin down there?! This dude butter, did he appoint that blow in Blight? at ....what? a million bux a season! (OOOHHHH dawgie!!!! :roll: ) and then after 14 rounds says "y'all better go now" and fires him! (STILL PAYS THE DUDE OUT THOUGH! :roll: ) :roll: THEN!!! (now this is GOOOOOD!!!) puts in a "process" to appoint :wink: a noo coach! and this dude (the noo coach!) just happens to be the best buddy of butters :shock: :lol: NOW the Blight dude is up on the gold coast living the high life on his paid out contract (courtesy of Saints members money) but feeelin let down! (ahhhhhhhh! :wink: )
Now Butterrs and his buddy plan the next phase for the club......Finish 15th! WOW!!! success!!!!!!! and 11th.....oooooh!!!!! :roll: THEN we go to a prelim! OH! we lose! AND another!...WE LOSE!!! :cry: (gee that spending on the footy department has come thru but BIG TIME :roll: ) then we see us go out at the first hurdle and Pres butters says to that buddy of his (who he's not spoken to in 18 months) "y'all better go now" and fires him (and ends up paying his best buddy heaps of dough thru the supreme court)
Financially responsible?........OOOOOOOOOH dawgie!!!!!!!

Y'all better blow it off now
Scoop
Club Player

Dave Robicheaux wrote:How y'all doin down there?! This dude butter, did he appoint that blow in Blight? at ....what? a million bux a season! (OOOHHHH dawgie!!!! :roll: ) and then after 14 rounds says "y'all better go now" and fires him! (STILL PAYS THE DUDE OUT THOUGH! :roll: ) :roll: THEN!!! (now this is GOOOOOD!!!) puts in a "process" to appoint :wink: a noo coach! and this dude (the noo coach!) just happens to be the best buddy of butters :shock: :lol: NOW the Blight dude is up on the gold coast living the high life on his paid out contract (courtesy of Saints members money) but feeelin let down! (ahhhhhhhh! :wink: )
Now Butterrs and his buddy plan the next phase for the club......Finish 15th! WOW!!! success!!!!!!! and 11th.....oooooh!!!!! :roll: THEN we go to a prelim! OH! we lose! AND another!...WE LOSE!!! :cry: (gee that spending on the footy department has come thru but BIG TIME :roll: ) then we see us go out at the first hurdle and Pres butters says to that buddy of his (who he's not spoken to in 18 months) "y'all better go now" and fires him (and ends up paying his best buddy heaps of dough thru the supreme court)
...Just up from the Bayou, Dave? Any relation to Coco Robicheaux?

Btw, some pertinent points you have made there...in your own inimitable style...

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Scoop wrote:
Dave Robicheaux wrote:How y'all doin down there?! This dude butter, did he appoint that blow in Blight? at ....what? a million bux a season! (OOOHHHH dawgie!!!! :roll: ) and then after 14 rounds says "y'all better go now" and fires him! (STILL PAYS THE DUDE OUT THOUGH! :roll: ) :roll: THEN!!! (now this is GOOOOOD!!!) puts in a "process" to appoint :wink: a noo coach! and this dude (the noo coach!) just happens to be the best buddy of butters :shock: :lol: NOW the Blight dude is up on the gold coast living the high life on his paid out contract (courtesy of Saints members money) but feeelin let down! (ahhhhhhhh! :wink: )

Btw, some pertinent points you have made there...in your own inimitable style...
He has, by gumbo :wink:

Scoop
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Scoop wrote:

He has, by gumbo :wink:
....maybe he is a doctor of gris-gris....coming over to help the saints... :shock:

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Only problem is that one of the basic 'facts' in this 'bayou rant' is wrong.
Butters personally (with the help of another) paid for the payout of Blight's contract - not the Club.
Yes the Club paid for year one (off the back of massively increased membership due to Blight's appointment), but Butters organized the payment of year 2 from outside the Club's finances.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

hmmmmmmmmm? Well thats interesting. I guess if the decision to hire (and fire him) was down to butterrss, then he did the right thing in using his own money.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:hmmmmmmmmm? Well thats interesting. I guess if the decision to hire (and fire him) was down to butterrss, then he did the right thing in using his own money.
It would seem so.

Now back to the issue raised by the op, maybe the 'succession planning' being alluded to is not for Nettlefold's current position but Westaway's?

What if Nettlefold is being groomed to take over the Presidency from Westaway?
Hiring a new COO to eventually replacee the CEO would make sense in that scenario.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:hmmmmmmmmm? Well thats interesting. I guess if the decision to hire (and fire him) was down to butterrss, then he did the right thing in using his own money.
It would seem so.

Now back to the issue raised by the op, maybe the 'succession planning' being alluded to is not for Nettlefold's current position but Westaway's?

Hiring a new COO to eventually replacee the CEO would make sense in that scenario.
Not sure to many people would want to go from earning a reported 700K to nil. Well I certainly wouldnt.

Dave Robicheaux
Club Player

well now scoop, me an' old coco is sooouuuull kinfolk! (hey you got good taste there boy! 8-) ) Now this here butter man got the club playin swweeeeeet old moosic for'lilwhile! No call in bad mouthin him fiscally-wise Y'know what ahmmmm a sayin? :roll: The balance sheet was as sweet as magnolia on a soft bayou breeze.......but HUSH Ma Mouth!!!!! behind the plantation doors?....Man-oh man!!!!! Waldron doing a soft shoe shuffle on another dance floor..IF :wink: Y'all see where I'm a -goin here? :roll:
Things were NOT right at the old plantation........so y'all it aint ALWAYS 'bout the money :roll: :roll: :roll:
Y'all take care now y'hear?! 8-)

Legendary
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
It would seem so.

Not sure to many people would want to go from earning a reported 700K to nil. Well I certainly wouldnt.
You know how much money Nettlefold has? Drive past his place in Toorak.

700k is pocket money

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
It would seem so.

You know how much money Nettlefold has? Drive past his place in Toorak.

700k is pocket money
I know he has plenty but I will guess he doesnt want to earn nothing. Does he still own the advertising business?

Dave Robicheaux
Club Player

how's that there waldron dude hanging these here days? OOOOHHHH yeah! some straight shootin ceo he was :lol:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Dave Robicheaux wrote:how's that there waldron dude hanging these here days? OOOOHHHH yeah! some straight shootin ceo he was :lol:
Dave, like many folk in your neck of the woods, Waldron's life and his career were devestated by a very bad storm :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Of the schitt variety!!!!

GreatNo9s
Club Player

Just because a disgruntled former coach (who has the sh*ts with the incumbent CEO) throws out a salary figure of ridiculous proportions doesn't mean its fact. Let's be careful with taking the "reported 700k figure" as gospel...

Who is the best number 9 for the Saints ?
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Whatever we think of Club "personalities," the ultimate test is in the Board's and Management's ability to do a few key things. Let's judge them on "outcomes," not "efforts." So far in 2011, I don't see any big ticks .... on many fronts !

Run a profitable Club.
Run a stable Club.
Lift the Club's image within the community.
Manage for consistent success on the field, leading to a premiership.
Maintain a strong, positive relationship with Saints Members.

jays
Club Player

wow