Robert Harvey walks out!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
GeorgeYoung27 wrote:Francis Leach on SEN said he had lunch with Harves today and that he was still undecided what to do. Said he hadn't cracked the sads, but had realised through the selection process that he really wanted to be a senior coach and it was a priority for him now.
So he realised it through the selection process and not before it? :shock:
yes, he stated that in the Age last week when C wilson reported that he didn't ge tthe job. ihe siad it wonly during hte interview process he realised that he wanted to be a coach!

asiu
Saintsational Legend

meh.

.... what an exercise , to finish off the year with.

(if it is finished , just yet)

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Harvey walks out!

barks4eva wrote:Gone to the Filth

Joining the list

Lyon
Misson
Berkohov
Walsh

Obviously Seaford is becoming an issue :)
Didn't the weights and conditioning coach follow Missen to Melbourne

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

So has Harvey left yet, or is this still a Paul the Octopus thread?

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote:So has Harvey left yet, or is this still a Paul the Octopus thread?
Paul

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Work with a very close friend of the family and hadn't seen her since Harves had been ruled out as a coaching candidate..seems he is pretty miffed which surprised me a bit given his experience versus the 3 he was up against..

May'be it was the way it was handled...but in the end it seems a little precious to me

Whatever the reasons for him feeling this way I hope he can leave on amicable terms and remember that his time will come in some capacity at his old club

Unfortunately it looks almost certain he'll be going to Collingwood!!!

The best of luck with your development Harves but we need to move on quickly and get the best coaching talent available around Watters and get stuck into a big preseason for a red hot crack in 2012

GO SAINTS !!! :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
markp
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Work with a very close friend of the family and hadn't seen her since Harves had been ruled out as a coaching candidate..seems he is pretty miffed which surprised me a bit given his experience versus the 3 he was up against..

May'be it was the way it was handled...but in the end it seems a little precious to me
For mine there are two possible explanations... either it was handled really badly by the club, or R. Harvey is an a-hole.

I don't think R. Harvey is an a-hole.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Work with a very close friend of the family and hadn't seen her since Harves had been ruled out as a coaching candidate..seems he is pretty miffed which surprised me a bit given his experience versus the 3 he was up against..

For mine there are two possible explanations... either it was handled really badly by the club, or R. Harvey is an a-hole.

Surely it's reasonable that Robert is disappointed and looking for a way to improve his chance at getting a senior gig down the track?

Doesn't mean that he has cracked the s***s and is an a-hole.
Doesn't mean that the club handled it badly at all.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markp
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:

Surely it's reasonable that Robert is disappointed and looking for a way to improve his chance at getting a senior gig down the track?

I'm assuming Saint Patrick means he is miffed with the club, and I'll admit my view is prejudiced by the way I've heard he was treated... otherwise, you may be right. But I don't see how going to the filth really helps him more in that regard than staying where he is.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:

I'm assuming Saint Patrick means he is miffed with the club, and I'll admit my view is prejudiced by the way I've heard he was treated... otherwise, you may be right. But I don't see how going to the filth really helps him more in that regard than staying where he is.
I agree, however, when was the last time someone applied for a senior coach position at a club, then settled for assistant coach at the same club? Might have happened, but I don't remember any examples of that .

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dave Robicheaux
Club Player

just HOW Y'all, were the club supposed to "treat him"??? seems t'me that he got himself a interview for the gig and was not found to be as good as other candiadtes. What the hell is it with giving the old club a skunk-hug for finding the best coach? My MY!!!!! :roll:

Y'all better blow it off now
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:
satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:

I agree, however, when was the last time someone applied for a senior coach position at a club, then settled for assistant coach at the same club? Might have happened, but I don't remember any examples of that .
Was it Sanderson or McCartney, or both, when Scott got the gig at Geelong?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

going to collingwood will help him as he is wanted by them, as opposed to simply continuing a contract where the new coach can hardly upset the applecart by removing him. watters may well want harvey, but how to know 100%.
the other factor being that collingwood has seen two assistants get senior gigs. that's what premierships get you - currency.
far more likely to end up in a senior roleif he helps oversee a flag or two, and unfortunately collingwood are far more likely to be flag contenders over the next few years than us.
what is hard for me as a fan is knowing that if i want to see him coach us, then it means collingwood (if he goes), will need to be successful.
aaargh!

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Has he so called walked yet? waiting waiting :roll:

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

satchmo wrote:
.....however, when was the last time someone applied for a senior coach position at a club, then settled for assistant coach at the same club? Might have happened, but I don't remember any examples of that .
Bickley and Viney this year. Sanderson last year...

Hold your ground :shock:
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
satchmo wrote:
.....however, when was the last time someone applied for a senior coach position at a club, then settled for assistant coach at the same club? Might have happened, but I don't remember any examples of that .
Bickley and Viney this year. Sanderson last year...
Yeah, but apart from Sanderson, McCartney, Bickley, Viney, and sanitation....

*Allegedly.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bennymac5
Club Player

Viney didn't go for the dees job.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bennymac5 wrote:Viney didn't go for the dees job.
Was that because he heard Ross had got the job?

Hi Kim :wink:

saintnick12
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:
satchmo wrote:
markp wrote:

Was it Sanderson or McCartney, or both, when Scott got the gig at Geelong?
Yep, Sanderson stayed after just missing out on the job last year to Chris Scott. He stayed, then got the Adelaide job during the finals this year and ended up missing the winning GF.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
PJ
SS Life Member

What I don't get is all this "how he was treated" criticism. WTF does that mean? Does anyone actually know the club proceedures? Did someone say "sorry Rob you haven't got the job" and not "jeez Rob we really luv you and you were so close but we'd love to have you around".

Can all those that have criticised the club for it's handling of the decision actually put anything down that is provable and factual or are we just dealing in heresay and gossip?

You either know what has gone on or you're a fishwife.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

bennymac5 wrote:Viney didn't go for the dees job.
I think he may have, expressed an interest, and may not have gone past the initial interview, along with Burns

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/n ... 1ke3i.html

Hold your ground :shock:
noreason41
Club Player

should Harvey be treated specially compared to the other applicants?

The fAct that he was a champion for the Saints should not grant him any privileges in applying for the senior coaching job.

saintnick12, is their a video or transcript link for your signature? would love to read it

ando051
Club Player

Having Ex champions of a club does not work most of the time as head coach. Harves has only been retired for 3 years and he would of be team mates with 65% of the current list. The club need to make some very hard decisions in the next couple of years. Which would be more difficult for him to do. Harves loves the club and would be disappointed to miss out on the job and know the new coach has a 3 year contract, that is a natural human reaction. I hope Harves stays on as an assisted because i think he would be a great influence to the young crop of player coming through with his work ethic and knowledge.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

I would find it fickle if he left. Would he be leaving if he weren't caretaker coach and interviewed? Probably not in my opinion, he would probably loyal his contract.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:What I don't get is all this "how he was treated" criticism. WTF does that mean? Does anyone actually know the club proceedures? Did someone say "sorry Rob you haven't got the job" and not "jeez Rob we really luv you and you were so close but we'd love to have you around".

Can all those that have criticised the club for it's handling of the decision actually put anything down that is provable and factual or are we just dealing in heresay and gossip?

You either know what has gone on or you're a fishwife.
Yes sirree.

Whole lot of piffle goin on...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'