Robert Harvey walks out!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
goodie
Club Player

Well so much for that line about he'd be staying regardless of the outcome of the selection process. Don't begrudge him leaving, would just rather he didn't make statements if he was considering other options.

bennymac5
Club Player

He didn't say he'd stay if he didn't get the senior gig.

On the Bench
Club Player
Location: Perth. Where Foxtel has now allowed me to watch my beloved Saints each week.

I can only wish both Robert Harvey and Kingey the best. Perhaps destiny will bring Robert Harvey back as senior coach one day, but the timing isn't right for him at this point in time.

Both their decisions allow Scott Watters to appoint his own team to work with, to succeed or perish with. I think the chips are falling for a new era for the Saints...............I'm hoping for a successful one.

I am still hurting from 71;
my gut churns thinking of 97;
2009 was agony,
2010a was a pleasure to watch only to be devastated by 2010 b.
It hurts barracking for the Saints
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Im starting to believe B4E really can see the future...

Thats 2 in 2 weeks... :shock:

What do you foresee next oh wise one??...

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

On the Bench wrote:I can only wish both Robert Harvey and Kingey the best. Perhaps destiny will bring Robert Harvey back as senior coach one day, but the timing isn't right for him at this point in time.

Both their decisions allow Scott Watters to appoint his own team to work with, to succeed or perish with. I think the chips are falling for a new era for the Saints...............I'm hoping for a successful one.
Very well put OTB

I too wish both Robert Harvey and Kingey the best.

And I wish Scott Watters and the Saints even better 8-)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Big Gardi doesn't have a job, wonder if he could stick around and mentor Rhys? :)

goodie
Club Player

bennymac5 wrote:He didn't say he'd stay if he didn't get the senior gig.
You're right, the article I was thinking of was speculative. Best of luck to him, but not the club he's going to

gurubob101
Club Player

He'll be back.

St Lenny
Club Player

He may have cracked the irits not getting the job, doesnt mean he cracked it with the club. I would think normal to be disappointed not getting something you want. Its pretty normal for a change of Assistant when a new Coach starts. Lets face it, we need new ideas.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:He may have cracked the irits not getting the job, doesnt mean he cracked it with the club. I would think normal to be disappointed not getting something you want. Its pretty normal for a change of Assistant when a new Coach starts. Lets face it, we need new ideas.
Regardless of whether Malthouse has gone and a Rookie coach is in charge, you always learn a lot from being at another club. Particularly a highly professional club, which unfortunately Collingwood is.

If Rob is to seriously pursue this new found passion for coaching it's important for him that he gets away from St Kilda and his mates and takes in as much experience as he possibly can.

A wealth of experience and new ideas can only help when the interviewing panel asks "and what can you do for us?"

ace
Saintsational Legend

These idiots can't manage to tie their own shoe laces.

Even if they knew they were not going to give the job to Harvey, they should have given him a courtesy final interview.

Every valued employee is entitled to an interview if only to give them the experience for later in their careers.

Massive adminstrative saving can be made by reducing the salaries of these amateurs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Even if they knew they were not going to give the job to Harvey, they should have given him a courtesy final interview.
I don't think giving him a "last three" interview, and then overlooking him, would have helped Harve's disposition or those fans who already think he was harshly dealt with.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Im starting to believe B4E really can see the future...

Thats 2 in 2 weeks... :shock:

What do you foresee next oh wise one??...
Dont pump him up

:wink:

they were so obvious anyway!!!

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:These idiots can't manage to tie their own shoe laces.

Even if they knew they were not going to give the job to Harvey, they should have given him a courtesy final interview.

Every valued employee is entitled to an interview if only to give them the experience for later in their careers.

Massive adminstrative saving can be made by reducing the salaries of these amateurs.
Twaddle.

He had an interview and did not make it to the next round. Simple as that.

Sad to see Banger go. I'm more surprised by his actions, than by anything that the club has done.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

It's unfortunate that Robert is no longer at the club, but you can hardly describe his leaving as "Walking Out"

He has obviously taken time to consider his options and seek permission from the club to be released from his contract.

Both Robert and the club have been nothing short of highly professional throughout the whole process, and Robert has said so in his statement to the press, stating that he will return in the future when he has gained further coaching experience.

"Leaving"... yes, "Walking Out"... NO

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Played for 4 billion years and we went no where. As soon as he leaves we finally become good,and the minute he came running back we became a rabble again.

I sense a pattern here,a list clogger...on and off the field

Look out 2012

Bring back the Lockett era
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:These idiots can't manage to tie their own shoe laces.

What a load of total codswallop!!!

Given him the courtesy of a final interview???

Why..... cause they felt sorry for him???

Seriously that would be even more embarrassing .... if anything it may have steeled him to succeed even more

No one on this site knows how Banger interviewed .... for all we know he might have pissed himself and browned his pants in the middle of it

The guy has literally 2-3 years experience in the coaching circles .... Watters asked him to stay as a assistant and he decided against it

Go forth Robert and learn ..... gain experinece ..... exploit the other clubs and bring your experience back to the Saints

Banger is loved by everyone involved at the St K FC he knows this and he has mentioned his desire to one day return .... until then ...... Harvs best of luck in all your endeavours!!!!

I understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion but I'm am continually gobsmacked by the impassioned responses by posters that don't care to weigh up and seriously think about the issue and don't consider the reasoning behind the choices made and situations of all parties involved.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Maklom
Club Player

[quote="jonesy"]Played for 4 billion years and we went no where. As soon as he leaves we finally become good,and the minute he came running back we became a rabble again.

I sense a pattern here,a list clogger...on and off the field

Look out 2012[/quote]

One can only hope this is a joke :shock:

Megsie
Club Player

see ya. enjoy bucks.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Good luck to Robert Harvey a true champion. The club have NOTHING to reproach themselves about in this affair and shame on anyone who wants to maintain an "unholy crusade under the holy banner of defending a St Kilda Champ"!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
rod_margarine

Harvs isn't ready but the club made a foolish mistake by putting him in as a 'caretaker' coach when there were no games to coach!

Probably gave Robert belief that he was more advanced and closer to a senior coaching position than he actually is at the moment.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

StevoHeraldSun Mark Stevens
Harvey to Coll done deal. Just awaiting formal press release

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

CONTENT WARNING!

Do not open this link if the thought of Rob in a Pies shirt makes you ill, photos and video are displayed

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx

CONTENT WARNING!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:CONTENT WARNING!

Do not open this link if the thought of Rob in a Pies shirt makes you ill, photos and video are displayed

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfea ... fault.aspx

CONTENT WARNING!
Filth!

Always was a floored champion...

Bring back the Lockett era