We will finish bottom 4 this year.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think its also worth noting that the overall standard is down.
Guys like ben hudson etc are still getting contracts. The two new sides have watered down overall list quality.
Look at geelong - pretty much stayed the same. Lost ablett but are the still best side.
So although the saints have our flaws we will remain a top team until the young punks from gold coast and melbourne rise up.

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

We need to bottom out if we want to win a premiership. If you're happy with middle of the ladder finishes and treading water then keep trading like we are. :roll: :roll:

In Pelchan we don't trust!!

Why do you think we have been a top side since 2004? It was because we were forced into a full rebuild. With the Tim Watson debacle and then the Malcolm Blight debacle our beloved St kilda was on the canvas down and out. We won 11 games in 3 seasons and in that time we scummed up 5 top 10 picks and 3 top 20 picks. Through our own ineptitude we were forced to do a major rebuild and that was the catalyst for sustained excellence over the last 8 years.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:We need to bottom out if we want to win a premiership. If you're happy with middle of the ladder finishes and treading water then keep trading like we are. :roll: :roll:

You are still a f***wit trouble making troll

I love this club
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:We need to bottom out if we want to win a premiership. If you're happy with middle of the ladder finishes and treading water then keep trading like we are. :roll: :roll:

I love this club
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Any chance you could change allegiance yet again.

How about you try this one :P

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Parrot Rosie's had too much cracklin' rosie.

Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:

You just don't like it when people tell it how it is.
We won't win a premiership with the way we are trading!!!

Why do you think we have been a top side since 2004? It was because we were forced into a full rebuild. With the Tim Watson debacle and then the Malcolm Blight debacle our beloved St kilda was on the canvas down and out. We won 11 games in 3 seasons and in that time we scummed up 5 top 10 picks and 3 top 20 picks. Through our own ineptitude we were forced to do a major rebuild and that was the catalyst for sustained excellence over the last 8 years.
Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Parrot_Rosie wrote:
Stillwaiting wrote:

f***wit

I love this club
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dont feed mentally ill trolls

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ban it

just do it

ffs
bottom 4

unreal

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:ban it

just do it

ffs
bottom 4

unreal
First signh of a troll they should be banned

I love this club
Parrot_Rosie
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Image

Dont feed mentally ill trolls
Hey Geoff, please read my signature!!!!!

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: We will finish bottom 4 this year.

Parrot_Rosie wrote:The inevitable slide will happen this year. At least the draft will only be partly compromised with compensation picks. Lets stay in the bottom 4 for 4 years and rebuild properly for our next assault on the flag.

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
No chance now that LYON has gone. IMO the whole 2011 season the team played sour with no excitement. Now LYON has left I think the excitement and enjoyment will return and the boys might just surprise themselves.

Having said that Mr WATTERS needs to make some integral changes to the game style and personnel of the team!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: We will finish bottom 4 this year.

Parrot_Rosie wrote:The inevitable slide will happen this year. At least the draft will only be partly compromised with compensation picks. Lets stay in the bottom 4 for 4 years and rebuild properly for our next assault on the flag.

Thoughts?
(keep it civil).
No chance now that LYON has gone. IMO the whole 2011 season the team played sour with no excitement. Now LYON has left I think the excitement and enjoyment will return and the boys might just surprise themselves.

Having said that Mr WATTERS needs to make some integral changes to the game style and personnel of the team!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bottom Four 2012

Gold Coast - shocked a few sides this year, but they had the element of surprise.
From memory, who did they beat? Richmond (in Cairns), Port, and Brisbane. All very poor sides having bad days. They will win a few games, no doubt, but they will also cop some huge floggings, especially if one or more of their midfield are missing through injury or suspension

GWS - this could get real ugly. Suspect enormous thrashings with their team, they have weaker depth than the Suns. they may actually fail to win any games at all.

Port - look to me a bit like us in the 80s. They could conceivably be worse than this year, with changes to the team and loss of experience.

Freo - they could struggle a bit with their new game plan, and I just reckon Rossy might be ruffling a few feathers. Harvey was popular with their playing group. And we all know how we went first year out with him. And we were actually pretty good in some games that year. There will be blood.

And I haven't even mentioned Brisbane or Richmond yet. Don't expect us to finish anywhere in bottom six.