Saints delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

defacto
Club Player

Ross who? wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:So your saying player DO know?
Yes, UNOFFICIALLY but the managers are more loyal to the players and can't keep secrets! See above as to why they can't be told Officially
absolute bulls***. the club does not tell a manager something "unofficially" as soon as a club official says something to a manager its "official". its just whether or not the final decision has been made. for instance the club may be in discussions with the player manager and may say at this stage we are not looking to renew the contract of your player but we are still in review and this may change. although its unlikely.

Ross who?
Club Player

defacto wrote:
Ross who? wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:So your saying player DO know?
Yes, UNOFFICIALLY but the managers are more loyal to the players and can't keep secrets! See above as to why they can't be told Officially
absolute bulls***. the club does not tell a manager something "unofficially" as soon as a club official says something to a manager its "official". its just whether or not the final decision has been made. for instance the club may be in discussions with the player manager and may say at this stage we are not looking to renew the contract of your player but we are still in review and this may change. although its unlikely.
I think you should read your own post again for the answer as to why it is not OFFICIAL. :roll:
They can't make it OFFICIAL until they have Zac, Peake, Ray, Etc. all signed, because if they walk, then one of the "delisted" guys gets another shot at it.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:I think you should read your own post again for the answer as to why it is not OFFICIAL. :roll:
They can't make it OFFICIAL until they have Zac, Peake, Ray, Etc. all signed, because if they walk, then one of the "delisted" guys gets another shot at it.
you realise that doesn't make any sense, right?

the guys are definitely delisted unless they're not, in which case they're still on the list. so what you mean is they're in the gun but not actually delisted.

any supporter knew exactly that two weeks ago at the end of the trade period. so this whole thread hasn't actually added anything to anything.

shmic_s
Club Player

The players being delisted are on the list, not on the offical list of delistings, but also not on the offical list. :wink:

Ross who?
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
Ross who? wrote:I think you should read your own post again for the answer as to why it is not OFFICIAL. :roll:
you realise that doesn't make any sense, right?

the guys are definitely delisted unless they're not, in which case they're still on the list. so what you mean is they're in the gun but not actually delisted.

any supporter knew exactly that two weeks ago at the end of the trade period. so this whole thread hasn't actually added anything to anything.
I know that at least 2 of the posted "delisteds"(that I have had confirmed to me by several players who were together) have already packed up their houses to move back home. (Not intending on staying in Melbourne) I am pretty sure they KNOW they are not going to play for the Saints again :roll: 1 is definately NOT going to the meeting.

I find it hard to believe from a list perspective all the KPF that are going myself. But apparently it is true :?

Believe what you like. I bleed Red, White and Black, just like I believe most on this forum do. Just trying to share what I know is solid information on a topic everyone is interested in.

Should be announced Tomorrow after lunch following the uncontracted/"delisted" players meeting in the morning anyway.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Are you sure Gamble is one to be delisted? Coz the Age has him as one of the players likely to stay on for a pay cut next year.
Senior players Zac Dawson, Brett Peake, Raph Clarke, Farren Ray, Ryan Gamble and Dean Polo are all out of contract and likely to take an enforced pay cut next year if they want to stay with the Saints.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z1bxqIne5M

Ross who?
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:Are you sure Gamble is one to be delisted? Coz the Age has him as one of the players likely to stay on for a pay cut next year.
Senior players Zac Dawson, Brett Peake, Raph Clarke, Farren Ray, Ryan Gamble and Dean Polo are all out of contract and likely to take an enforced pay cut next year if they want to stay with the Saints.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z1bxqIne5M
Yep

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i dont thnk anything is finalised.
some players are on the cut list - but as someone said - if someone on the uncontracted list walks it may alter things.

lefty
Club Player

Richter wrote:So by the looks of it.....

First choice team

Gwilt Dawson Geary
Gilbert Fisher Gram
Montagna Dal Santo Goddard
Peake Riewoldt Schneider
Milne Koschitzke Saad
McEvoy Hayes Steven

Int. Jones Armitage Dempster Sub Ray

Back-up ruck
Blake, Stanley

Back-up forwards
Stanley, Milera, Sipposs

Back-up mids
Polo, Winmar, Cripps, Ledger, Crocker

Back-up defenders
Simpkin, Clarke
Don't forget Siposs

Also, not sure why people want to keep Gamble?
Polo was much better than Gamble the whole year.
I'd rather play Siposs than Gamble.

The time Gamble kicked 4 goals or whatever it was in the NAB cup were all just goals over the top of his opponent.

skfc17
Club Player

Bit random i know.but I'm disappointed we delisted mini

Carn the mighty Sainters
JohnE
Club Player

skfc17 wrote:Bit random i know.but I'm disappointed we delisted mini
+1

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
saintly
Saintsational Legend

JohnE wrote:
+1
i'm not.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
JohnE wrote:
+1
i'm not.
+1

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

From Will Johnson on Twitter:

@willyjay38: "A new beginning! Golf or surfing or poker? @Trevorgordo7 u in?"

Probably fair to say we have 1 confirmed....

Richter
SS Life Member

JohnE wrote:
+1
I'm more disappointed that he just didn't quite have it at AFL level as a midfielder. Often in the best at VFL level, but just didn't find the ball enough at the higher level to make it. A shame because he is a good kick of the football.

Oh well, he played a large part in our 2009 campaign in particular and I wish him all the best for the future.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Richter
SS Life Member

lefty wrote:

First choice team

Gwilt Dawson Geary
Gilbert Fisher Gram
Peake Riewoldt Schneider
Milne Koschitzke Saad
McEvoy Hayes Steven

Back-up ruck
Blake, Stanley

Back-up forwards
Stanley, Milera, Sipposs

Back-up mids

Back-up defenders
Simpkin, Clarke
Don't forget Siposs

The time Gamble kicked 4 goals or whatever it was in the NAB cup were all just goals over the top of his opponent.
I see Saad as being ahead of Arryn. Older, more physically developed and had a better season than Arryn last year. A bloke who kicked 50-odd goals as a small forward in the VFL has to be knocking on the door of AFL action, whilst I see 2012 as a further development year for Arryn, rather than a year when he is likely to cement a regular starting spot.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Richter wrote:
lefty wrote:

First choice team

Gwilt Dawson Geary
Gilbert Fisher Gram
Peake Riewoldt Schneider
Milne Koschitzke Saad
McEvoy Hayes Steven

Back-up ruck
Blake, Stanley

Back-up forwards
Stanley, Milera, Sipposs

Back-up mids

Back-up defenders
Simpkin, Clarke
Don't forget Siposs

I see Saad as being ahead of Arryn. Older, more physically developed and had a better season than Arryn last year. A bloke who kicked 50-odd goals as a small forward in the VFL has to be knocking on the door of AFL action, whilst I see 2012 as a further development year for Arryn, rather than a year when he is likely to cement a regular starting spot.
Vastly different players in my book.

Sippo is not the quick crumbing forward that Saad is.

Saad is not the leading marking target that Sippo is.

I hope we seem them both consistently in the same forward line in 2012.

lefty
Club Player

Richter wrote: I see Saad as being ahead of Arryn. Older, more physically developed and had a better season than Arryn last year. A bloke who kicked 50-odd goals as a small forward in the VFL has to be knocking on the door of AFL action, whilst I see 2012 as a further development year for Arryn, rather than a year when he is likely to cement a regular starting spot.
I wasn't stating who was in the starting 22, I was just stating you forgot Arryn on that list of players you stated.

Gershwin
Club Player

Whilst I'm impressed with all the love for Saad, I'd like to see him do plenty in the pre-season competition before considering him for a spot in Round 1.
The gap between AFL and VFL shouldn't be underestimated.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Ross who?
Club Player

Players That were delisted were all told officially by the club today at 11am. Names posted on here seem to be accurate.
Club statement to confirm should be imminent.

Blake Acres fan club VIP
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:I wasn't stating who was in the starting 22, I was just stating you forgot Arryn on that list of players you stated.
Have another look

saint6709
Club Player

Geary yet to prove for a spot on your team in my book

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Now officially confirmed by the club. Can I change the thread title back now?? ;-)

Also, Archer stays, as predicted

fingers
Saintsational Legend

I had hopes that Heyne would stay and become something. Not sure why.

ando051
Club Player

lefty wrote:
Richter wrote: I see Saad as being ahead of Arryn. Older, more physically developed and had a better season than Arryn last year. A bloke who kicked 50-odd goals as a small forward in the VFL has to be knocking on the door of AFL action, whilst I see 2012 as a further development year for Arryn, rather than a year when he is likely to cement a regular starting spot.
I wasn't stating who was in the starting 22, I was just stating you forgot Arryn on that list of players you stated.
He was named as a "Back up forward" on the list. How many small crumbing forwards do we need? I hope Sippa develops quicker because we do lack a taller forward. We can not only rely on Rooey again next year.