List changes Confirmed _ twitter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Does this mean Dawson, Ray and Co. have signed on?
no, as it says on the saints site. negotiations are sill continuing. However you would expect since they have confirmed the delistings that most of the uncontracted players will play on with the saints.
Are you sure :wink:

Club Player

SMITH..what the?

i though ALISTAIR really had something and esp. what we needed outside running midfielder. those NAB cups displays wre super one year!
i am disappointed but i wonder if there is more to it.
of course, he had to shape his body up and stick some tasckles..but this certainly could be developed?

ANYBODY KNOW MORE?

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: SMITH..what the?

elphie wrote:i though ALISTAIR really had something and esp. what we needed outside running midfielder. those NAB cups displays wre super one year!
i am disappointed but i wonder if there is more to it.
of course, he had to shape his body up and stick some tasckles..but this certainly could be developed?

ANYBODY KNOW MORE?
did you see his disposal by foot.......woeful

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

With Heyne, Cahill, Gamble, Johnson, and Walsh ALL GONE, that leaves a huge hole in our forward department, especially as they are all medium/key forwards!

This now means we only have Stanley, Milera, and Archer as back up!

So this makes me think that we will be going after some forwards in the draft, most likely those who are ready to play, i.e. experienced VFL players.....or Fev

Sainter for life.
Mackaysaint
Club Player

thirty-seven!? wrote:Primary-listed players
Michael Gardiner (Retired)
Steven Baker (Delisted)
Andrew McQualter (Delisted)
Al Smith (Delisted)
Nick Heyne (Delisted)
Paul Cahill (Delisted)
Ryan Gamble (Delisted)
Will Johnson (Delisted)

Rookie-listed players
Robert Eddy (Delisted)

Ins for 2012
Ahmed Saad (Trade - previously listed player, GWS)
Terry Milera (Trade - previously listed player, GWS)

Traded out
Tom Lynch (Adelaide)
Tom Walsh (Sydney)

St Kilda will go to the AFL National Draft with pick 25, 35, 37, 42, 60 and 68.

They say SIX picks above, but shouldn't that be EIGHT??

10 out, two in. Leaves 8 picks. Wonder if we will be upgrading players, or perhaps bringing Blake/Lenny inside the list??
Primary-listed players
Out
Michael Gardiner (Retired)
Steven Baker (Delisted)
Andrew McQualter (Delisted)
Al Smith (Delisted)
Nick Heyne (Delisted)
Paul Cahill (Delisted)
Ryan Gamble (Delisted)
Will Johnson (Delisted)
Tom Lynch (Traded to Adelaide)

In
Ahmed Saad (Trade - previously listed player, GWS)
Terry Milera (Trade - previously listed player, GWS)

Rookie-listed players
Out
Steven Gaertner (Retired)
Robert Eddy (Delisted)
Tom Walsh (Traded to Sydney)

So we have delisted 9 primary listed players and replaced 2 of them already - leaving 7 spots

St Kilda will most likely make 6 selections in the AFL National Draft using picks 25, 35, 37, 42, 60 and 68.

They most likely will also promote a rookie (?Archer) with a later pick filling the 7th spot and freeing up another rookie spot.

The club is still negotiating with the uncontracted players and most are willing to make some sacrifice in order to stay with the club (because, as yet, not all contracts have been finalised).

Another complicating factor is whether or not a second player is added to the veterans list (?Milne) and the result might be one fewer rookie spot we are able to fill.

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

So if October 31 is the first list lodgement date does that mean that all contract negotiations have to be finalised (Ray, Dawson etc) by tomorrow or they go into the draft, or can they continue to negotiate after tomorrow?
Last edited by HitTheBoundary on Sun 30 Oct 2011 10:21am, edited 1 time in total.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:So if October 31 is the first list lodgement date does that mean that all contract negotiations have to be finalised (Ray, Dawaon etc) by tomorrow or they go into the draft, or can they continue to negotiate after tomorrow?
i think??? they can coninue negotiations until nov 11 which is 2nd list lodgement.

hedging my bets here, but maybe they have till oct 31 when all contracts finished.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

saintly wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:So if October 31 is the first list lodgement date does that mean that all contract negotiations have to be finalised (Ray, Dawaon etc) by tomorrow or they go into the draft, or can they continue to negotiate after tomorrow?
i think??? they can coninue negotiations until nov 11 which is 2nd list lodgement.

hedging my bets here, but maybe they have till oct 31 when all contracts finished.
Thanks

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

saintly wrote:

No. I asked Marty Pask (Ray and Dawson's manager) on twitter and he said contracts must be finalised before November 16. This is the final list lodgement date.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

Wasn't the 31/10 the date the AFL guy looking at our salary cap gave them to fix?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:With Heyne, Cahill, Gamble, Johnson, and Walsh ALL GONE, that leaves a huge hole in our forward department, especially as they are all medium/key forwards!

This now means we only have Stanley, Milera, and Archer as back up!

So this makes me think that we will be going after some forwards in the draft, most likely those who are ready to play, i.e. experienced VFL players.....or Fev
Get Fev. What a great idea. :roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda meanwhile retained a clutch of out-of-contract players, notably full-back Zac Dawson. Dawson, Farren Ray, Raph Clarke, Dean Polo and Brett Peake all remain out of contract.

Sean Dempster remains out of contract but negotiations are understood to be closing on a new deal for the player who finished third in the best and fairest this year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/w ... z1cMh5Fw6N