What was wrong with what Ross Lyon did?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If thats what you want to do???

It would give the statements some credibility....

You do realise it is hard for people to "look at me" when we are faceless and anonymous???

Gaining recognition is not so great, if it is not known who is giving it...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If thats what you want to do???
No. Leaqve that to the expert
BigMart wrote:It would give the statements some credibility....
what statements? And who cares if you think it is credible or not? I have said nothing on an open forum, and I wont.
BigMart wrote:You do realise it is hard for people to "look at me" when we are faceless and anonymous???
Only if you are Aspergers and take everything literally.
BigMart wrote:Gaining recognition is not so great, if it is not known who is giving it...
So why do you crave it?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A lot of Pot,Kettle, Black in what you write

actually
Your dead right Joffa

You've got me in one...

desperate for people like you to recognise me....not sure exactly how thats going to happen...but its what I 'crave' i suppose

maybe we need an AB Medal style awards night....or renumeration....or a big statues erected to demonstrate this recognition of whatever ever it is we are recognising.....
Peoples opinions on the footy team they support.....

If I were to achieve one of these such honours...it might just cap off my life....not much to strive for after that...

Clearly

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:an accusation like that is easy to make.....you have given it absolutely NO substance...

And I believe that probably happened....and I definitely am not an admin apologist....I think we have plenty on incompetant staff...
Well maybe when it all comes to fruition i will start a thread to big note my posts and stroke my ego and show i am really cool and am in the know.

I can then sit back and gloat at my own awesomeness.
I think you're awesome JB... :lol:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

I think the title of the thread should be "What was right about what Ross Lyon did?"

Another opportunity awaits!
markp
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyon is the devil.

The club did not dither at all when it needed to act and be decisive, and it in no way contributed to the obvious bad blood that lead to the 'stuff them' act at the very last. They just accepted it and didn't make a big public - or legal - noise about him walking out because they have class.

Anyway, it seems most everyone has decided he did us a favour by leaving because we need a fresh approach and he could take us no further... but those same people refuse to consider that maybe Lyon saw this too.

It's usually boards and clubs who sack coaches in messy and unsavoury circumstances, this one just decided to sack them.

I hope our new coach is better, but I think better coaches than Lyon are very hard to come by.

asiu
Saintsational Legend

... open two threads ... two goes at mart.

wtf sisters ?

... just sitting here in the car , stroking my ego , gazing up at the statue here , recognising whoever it is i'm recognising.

It's mart
No , it's bon , nuh it's iggy .

Pot , kettle , cat alright ... just not enough of the pot.

Luvya work mart.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
BallBanger
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Gaining recognition is not so great, if it is not known who is giving it...
So why do you crave it?

JB, the irony of hypocricy

At least BM gives us something you only bring lies and hypocricy to the forum....but in your own pathetic way try to chair threads

crippa2sipa
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:If the Admin and one member of it had acted with integrity instead of what happened Lyon may have stayed.

He was treated very shabbily and backstabbed by a member of their sainted Admin.

... Lyons hand was forced. Paul Roos alluded to the reason and all you Admin apologists would have very red faces if and when the truth about the duplicity comes out.
I believe you are right JB. I've only heard smatterings - i.e. that there were lies and deception over Pelchen's appointment and that Nettlefold, after obtaining Lyon's agreement to a deal on the Wednesday, made subtle changes to the agreed contract in a final act of duplicity which infuriated Ross and was the last straw.

I'm just wondering how long it will take for the truth to come out because frankly it's a disgrace that our admin has managed to come out of all this looking lily white by making Ross look like the evil, duplicitous one.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

crippa2sipa wrote:
joffaboy wrote:If the Admin and one member of it had acted with integrity instead of what happened Lyon may have stayed.

He was treated very shabbily and backstabbed by a member of their sainted Admin.

... Lyons hand was forced. Paul Roos alluded to the reason and all you Admin apologists would have very red faces if and when the truth about the duplicity comes out.
I believe you are right JB. I've only heard smatterings - i.e. that there were lies and deception over Pelchen's appointment and that Nettlefold, after obtaining Lyon's agreement to a deal on the Wednesday, made subtle changes to the agreed contract in a final act of duplicity which infuriated Ross and was the last straw.

I'm just wondering how long it will take for the truth to come out because frankly it's a disgrace that our admin has managed to come out of all this looking lily white by making Ross look like the evil, duplicitous one.
Poor Ross :cry:

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:

Were last minute changes made to Lyon's contract?

Were these changes unfair to Lyon?

Were these changes fair to St Kilda?

Will we ever know?

I don't really care.

All I know is that Ross seems to be happy in Freo and I'm happy Ross is in Freo.

Go Saints!!!!!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
8856brother wrote:
crippa2sipa wrote:

Were last minute changes made to Lyon's contract?

Were these changes unfair to Lyon?

Were these changes fair to St Kilda?

Will we ever know?

I don't really care.

All I know is that Ross seems to be happy in Freo and I'm happy Ross is in Freo.

Go Saints!!!!!
I'm very happy that Ross is in Freo, especially if our player development improves substantially.....

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Having said that, I think it is good he is gone. Watters looks like a fresh start and is making long term changes.

But Lyons hand was forced. Paul Roos alluded to the reason and all you Admin apologists would have very red faces if and when the truth about the duplicity comes out.
Do tell more. I haven't heard of this before now !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

winmaaah wrote:I think had Ross stayed, their would be a lot of baggage, and division, that would lead to a disappointing 2012. I think he left at the right time, though I was initially upset with it. I feel his credibility and reputation have suffered greatly.
+1

Very pleased with the new direction of the club off the field.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Ross Lyon is a good coach, no question. My main gripe with his stint was the infuriating team selection, particularly in the Grand Finals. What on earth was he thinking picking blokes like McQualter and Eddy.

Couple this with his bizarre use of Luke Ball in the 09' GF and subsequent loss of said player to the Filth for zilch. RL was very close to being a back to back premiership coach for St Kilda.

Having said that I hope the Purple Haze ruin the prick!

resaintlee
Club Player

Maybe Ross didn't give Ball much time because he already knew he was going to Collingwood.

Sounds like there some outsiders trying to stir the pot on this forum.

starsign
Club Player

Moccha wrote:I think the title of the thread should be "What was right about what Ross Lyon did?"
+1!

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Ross has gone.

Time now to focus on the positives - and for the first time in what seems ages - there are many positives, new players, new coaches, new academy, favourable press etc.

The king is dead. Long live King Watters.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A lot of Pot,Kettle, Black in what you write

actually
Your dead right Joffa

You've got me in one...
Not trying to get you, but that is the perception of your self aggrandiosing threads where you trumpet your Nostradamus like qualities.
BigMart wrote:desperate for people like you to recognise me....not sure exactly how thats going to happen...but its what I 'crave' i suppose
I know you are being sarcastic, but how would some low grade teacher from the eastern suburbs impress me with anything.

As i have told you in the past, met you in person and was totally underwhelmed by your rudeness and arrogance.
BigMart wrote:maybe we need an AB Medal style awards night....or renumeration....or a big statues erected to demonstrate this recognition of whatever ever it is we are recognising.....
Maybe you should get over yourself, or get some self awareness of how ridiculous you come across as being some type of football guru and anyone with a contrary view to yours needs to be slapped down.

BigMart wrote:Peoples opinions on the footy team they support.....

If I were to achieve one of these such honours...it might just cap off my life....not much to strive for after that...
seems as though your life is HUGE as it is. I mean you have been to England and teach for a living.

What could be bigger or more awe inspiring than that?

I know, bragging about how great you are about football prognosis. Man you must feel like a legend.
BigMart wrote:Clearly

Clearly

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:

Having said that, I think it is good he is gone. Watters looks like a fresh start and is making long term changes.

But Lyons hand was forced. Paul Roos alluded to the reason and all you Admin apologists would have very red faces if and when the truth about the duplicity comes out.
Do tell more. I haven't heard of this before now !!
Next time I speak to you Tom.

Lance or James??

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I guess my own personal beef with Ross was that I thought he was a passionate saints man

he could have stayed if he wanted...

he didn't... he's not

elizabethr
Club Player

skeptic wrote:I guess my own personal beef with Ross was that I thought he was a passionate saints man

he could have stayed if he wanted...

he didn't... he's not
He never was and always spoke what people wanted to hear.
Also he had one set of rules and standards for his perceived best 22 and another for the developing players.Ghastly person ..good to see the back of him! :lol:

nothing to say
lendog heaven
Club Player

our website is emblazened with our new coach........in stark contrast to Freo's............they've got a new coach too haven't they...........?

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au

and good luck in the fishbowl Ross

Tramps like us.............
wasaintsfan
Club Player

legally what ross did was not wrong... he didnt break any rules in contract etc...

but.

1. the state he left our club in.. older list with no kids coming through (macca got through because there was no one else, steven just got slotted in the right time and place) and now has gone to a club in a position we were in when he took us over. (star players but real bad year with injury etc.)

2. he had known for a while he was leaving(you dont just leave your job on the spot, you let your employer know, a chance to match or come close to the offer) or to the very least give us a chance to pick up the cream of the crop in coaches... not wait till every other club has a coach then lie.. then leave

3. The fact he was involved with what happened with harvey

4. the slippery prick has come to live in my state.... seriously i have to see his face or hear an article about him most days... on the news, in the paper. and once season begins itll get worse

also did he ever thank the club for dropping the contract? after all they couldve put the dockers right behind every team in the afl until december???

wasaintsfan
Club Player

legally what ross did was not wrong... he didnt break any rules in contract etc...

but.

1. the state he left our club in.. older list with no kids coming through (macca got through because there was no one else, steven just got slotted in the right time and place) and now has gone to a club in a position we were in when he took us over. (star players but real bad year with injury etc.)

2. he had known for a while he was leaving(you dont just leave your job on the spot, you let your employer know, a chance to match or come close to the offer) or to the very least give us a chance to pick up the cream of the crop in coaches... not wait till every other club has a coach then lie.. then leave

3. The fact he was involved with what happened with harvey

4. the slippery prick has come to live in my state.... seriously i have to see his face or hear an article about him most days... on the news, in the paper. and once season begins itll get worse

also did he ever thank the club for dropping the contract? after all they couldve put the dockers right behind every team in the afl until december???