AFL Foxtel Channel

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:I pay $142.50 p/m for two boxes. One HD the other standard. All channels included.

In reality it's a ripoff however I see it as cheap entertainment. There's an abundance of sport, movies and TV series.

You could say it effects my social life however married plus kid doesn't help either :wink:
geezus.....142 pm?

“Yeah….nah””
B_O_N_D_Y

I pay $130pm for the full package, all HD channels with IQ2.. It is a bit of a rip off but I hate not having more than I hate paying for it..

PLUGGER14
Club Player

$250pm bundled with Telstra. Includes 2 boxes (1 HD IQ2 + 1 Standard), 80GB internet Plan, free local calls & calls to Telstra mobiles, free STD calls.

Agree once you have watched HD it's very hard to go back to the standard.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

PLUGGER14 wrote:$250pm bundled with Telstra. Includes 2 boxes (1 HD IQ2 + 1 Standard), 80GB internet Plan, free local calls & calls to Telstra mobiles, free STD calls.

Agree once you have watched HD it's very hard to go back to the standard.
the HD thing in my set up is always frustrating
ok yes I only have standard austar/foxtel, but sometimes the footy on FTA/Pay (pay use the same broadcast) is compressed that much it looks crappy on all that high tech gear. (in other words you are not getting the quality you have paid for tech wise and subscription wise)
That said, some TV's upscale SD better than others.

Seeya
ando051
Club Player

Will the Footy be in HD next year on Foxtel? I know channel 10 transmitted in HD but 7 is refusing to transmit in HD ( Another reason not to watch it).

At the moment Foxtel are charging a one off $100 upgrade to HD and an extra $10 per month for the HD channels. Has anyone heard of a better offer?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Will the Footy be in HD next year on Foxtel? I know channel 10 transmitted in HD but 7 is refusing to transmit in HD ( Another reason not to watch it).

At the moment Foxtel are charging a one off $100 upgrade to HD and an extra $10 per month for the HD channels. Has anyone heard of a better offer?
From memory a foxtel add said all games will be in HD.

So I assume that means the Channel 7 games will be filmed in HD but not broadcast in HD on channel 7.....maybe they use channel 73 to broadcast in simulcast in HD perhaps??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
ando051 wrote:Will the Footy be in HD next year on Foxtel? I know channel 10 transmitted in HD but 7 is refusing to transmit in HD ( Another reason not to watch it).

From memory a foxtel add said all games will be in HD.

So I assume that means the Channel 7 games will be filmed in HD but not broadcast in HD on channel 7.....maybe they use channel 73 to broadcast in simulcast in HD perhaps??
Interstingly enough the AFL promo that Ch 7 are running atm includes the "7 mate" logo as well as 7. I know they are transmitting games into different states using 7 mate...but it is their HD channel, so still possible they will show some HD games.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

sunsaint wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:
bobmurray wrote:What does Foxtel cost
They're advertising $50 including 40 channels & footy.

I think we pay just over that now... so that deal may be for new subscribers.

Worth every cent in my book... I never watch free to air Ch 7 after the way they have treated footy fans over the past 5 years. Any shows on 7 are 'IQ'd & all the ads fast forwarded.
same could be said with foxtel when they dropped the dedicated afl chanel & increased the NRL & soccer, besides, you are watching the Ch7 broadcast on foxtel anyway.
But the new broadcast deal will swing buying pay tv back to a more palatable expense.
Agreed the pay tv route is basically a must for die hard AFL fans, but a warning for newcomers, if you think you are going to be watching advert free television think again.
Yeah, aint it fantastic you pay for the very expensive priviledge of watching cable TV, only to get littered with advertising

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Spud wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Worth every cent in my book... I never watch free to air Ch 7 after the way they have treated footy fans over the past 5 years. Any shows on 7 are 'IQ'd & all the ads fast forwarded.
same could be said with foxtel when they dropped the dedicated afl chanel & increased the NRL & soccer, besides, you are watching the Ch7 broadcast on foxtel anyway.
But the new broadcast deal will swing buying pay tv back to a more palatable expense.
Agreed the pay tv route is basically a must for die hard AFL fans, but a warning for newcomers, if you think you are going to be watching advert free television think again.
Yeah, aint it fantastic you pay for the very expensive priviledge of watching cable TV, only to get littered with advertising
Not exactly littered with advertising. Only ads during the footy are between quarters.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spud wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Not exactly littered with advertising. Only ads during the footy are between quarters.
I'm talking about the other channels

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pvrs have auto detect ad skipping when watching something recorded
:D

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:pvrs have auto detect ad skipping when watching something recorded
IQ doesn't !

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

because iq and mystar are crap

a decent pvr can record everything, and you can transfer it off the unit to a pc then do what you like with it
record 4 channels at once from telly
record cable
get on the net
blah blah
a real decent one is about 600-700 tho

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Spud wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Spud wrote:
sunsaint wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

I'm talking about the other channels
There are other channels?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Just signed back up to Foxtel for next season's footy. There was a deal ending next week for $50 per month, basic package plus one other channel package (movies, sport etc).

Added IQ and extra box for the kids (Free install) so it's $75 per month with two outlets. They gave me the HD channels free for the first month, but will piss it off after that and get it back only for footy season and save myself $10 p/m.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6187089333

:(

Of course the real kicker will be if we are now forced to pay a monthly fee, for what may have otherwise have been included in our packages, just to pay the wages of one of Australia's biggest self promoters and capitalists  :evil:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if you already have the sports package it shouldnt cost any more for the footy channel

well, it better not. :shock:

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Fox Footy Begins at 10:30am today :D

Sainter for life.
Saints94
SS Life Member

SaintSimmo wrote:Fox Footy Begins at 10:30am today :D
really??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

How big is this guy's ego!

"McGuire said the deal was a win for both networks."

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainme ... 6187089333

:(

Of course the real kicker will be if we are now forced to pay a monthly fee, for what may have otherwise have been included in our packages, just to pay the wages of one of Australia's biggest self promoters and capitalists  :evil:
Bad move, he is a terrible caller and even though he won't be calling Collingwood games as someone has finally worked out the previous conflict of interest.
Plus, I notice my email of complaint about Dwayne Russell after the Swans game didn't help.

He's still there.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

starts today?
wheres it say that? :?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:starts today?
wheres it say that? :?
:?

"FOXTEL'S around-the-clock Fox Footy channel will launch on February 17 for the opening round of the NAB Cup."

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well thats what i thought
and fox is on now and theres no fox footy channel on

mehhh
itll start when it starts

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Saints94 wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:Fox Footy Begins at 10:30am today :D
really??
Fox Sports had a banner on their website earlier this morning saying "Fox Footy Launches at 10:30am Today"

:?:

Sainter for life.