Pelchen

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lendog heaven
Club Player

Pelchen

I posted this on June 4

http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... highlight=

Get Pelchen!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... 1fl53.html

reckon we could do a lot worse - we need to pour more resources into recruitment and this bloke's track record suggests he has a big upside - not clear why he has left the Dawks and he may have been already offered a gig elsewhere - at least talk to him Saints............

Must admit I had reservations once he had come to the club and there was the rumoured disquiet expressed by the coach. Then there was GT shite-stirring and finally Lyin's defection. Pelchen was being blamed for all manner of things. Like many I was severely depressed - wtf was going on!

Move on 7 weeks from Lyin taking his 30 pieces of silver and catching the Indian Pacific and we've got a new coach and virtually a whole new footy dept. All very exciting and we can all look forward to enjoying an open and inclusive club with a genuine focus on development and sustained success.

Of course there are no guarantees but just maybe the Pelchen recruitment was the catalyst for the wholesale changes our beloved club needed to make.

Well done to whoever had the orchestras to get him. Fingers crossed that it proves to be a master stroke.

Tramps like us.............
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps Pelchen was Lyin's death knell, in any case, the bastard has left and has done us a HUGE favour!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
elizabethr
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Perhaps Pelchen was Lyin's death knell, in any case, the bastard has left and has done us a HUGE favour!
Definitely think this was the case.
Lyon could not stand the thought that he may be held accountable to anybody for any of his actions,particuarly his recruitng!

nothing to say
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

elizabethr wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Perhaps Pelchen was Lyin's death knell, in any case, the bastard has left and has done us a HUGE favour!
Lyon could not stand the thought that he may be held accountable to anybody for any of his actions,particuarly his recruitng!

Couldn't agree more. From the moment Pelchen was appointed Lyon never intended to stay.
Interesting hearing Watters, Pelchen and now Laidley talk about fast tracking youth and giving the kids every opportunity to play senior football. Not sure we would have been hearing this from Ross.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

Couldn't agree more. From the moment Pelchen was appointed Lyon never intended to stay.
Interesting hearing Watters, Pelchen and now Laidley talk about fast tracking youth and giving the kids every opportunity to play senior football. Not sure we would have been hearing this from Ross.
he did talk about it after losing a number of games early on, but hereverted back to the tried and familar, and i flet he left the kids high and dry.

not being given chances, therefore, the kids stopped trying as well.
anyway thats what i think!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote: Interesting hearing Watters, Pelchen and now Laidley talk about fast tracking youth and giving the kids every opportunity to play senior football. Not sure we would have been hearing this from Ross.
I'm sure we would have been hearing it ... actions speak louder.

But what would you expect of a confirmed liar?

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
remboy wrote: Interesting hearing Watters, Pelchen and now Laidley talk about fast tracking youth and giving the kids every opportunity to play senior football. Not sure we would have been hearing this from Ross.
I'm sure we would have been hearing it ... actions speak louder.

But what would you expect of a confirmed liar?
I am so looking foward to some young guys getting a go, what a shame we dont have a core of these young players with 20 or 30 games under there belt.

I love this club
saintsfreak
Club Player

Love the Pelican.

The Freak
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
remboy wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

he did talk about it after losing a number of games early on, but hereverted back to the tried and familar, and i flet he left the kids high and dry.

ross hated anyone under 25 - (except mcqualter and eddy).

real insecure bloke

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
remboy wrote:
elizabethr wrote:

ross hated anyone under 25 - (except mcqualter and eddy).

he had this idea that "he grew up tough in reservoir and kids should pay their dues and not get an easy ridea nd blah blah old school blah blah crap".

in the meantime he was selling out his working class ideal with his cash fueled dreams. real hypocrite.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Have noticed that there is a good Saints story in the media most days at the moment.

Watters is being pro-active in getting the relationship with the media back on track.

Seems that the articles have been pretty positive as well.

We may have missed our chance, probably will have to wait a few more seasons for another crack, but it seems that the changes put in place are long term and we can look on with great anticipation.

Am starting to get that 2003+ feeling about the Saints again

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I think that the good story is the quality of people that we have got. They now have the exciting challenge of all working together to re- adjust a few things and move forward on a positive note.

I particularly like the inclusion of a person with coaching experience (Laidley). He and Watters know each other and whilst I am not a favorite of Laidley, it is his experience and reported tactical nouse that will be most beneficial.

Already looking forward to 2012.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Laidley must champing at the bit now he's at a club with some elite talent at his disposal.

The bloke's had some horror sides to work with in recent times.

Like going from Tiger to Qantas.

(Oh...)

Tiger to Virgin then...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
winmaaah
Club Player

RL head became bigger than the club, I think the balance of 'team' has been restored , and its looking pretty good.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Why didn't Tommy W stay??? All this lovey dovey, touchy feely stuff should of suited him down to the ground. What a d**khead!!!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Why didn't Tommy W stay???
Put it down to the "tadhgs that bind" 8-)

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Have noticed that there is a good Saints story in the media most days at the moment.

Watters is being pro-active in getting the relationship with the media back on track.

Seems that the articles have been pretty positive as well.

We may have missed our chance, probably will have to wait a few more seasons for another crack, but it seems that the changes put in place are long term and we can look on with great anticipation.

Am starting to get that 2003+ feeling about the Saints again
You make a really good point about 2003 all over again. Unfortunately the worst thing about 2011 might be the issues with our younger players and getting injured considering it would have been nice to pump a few more games into each other them considering we were never a real shot at winning the thing anyway.

I would like to think that with a few good younger players playing the easier bit-part roles throughout the year could lead us to the top 4 again considering we had some duds like McQ playing them and doing literally nothing throughout the Boscos era.

Not that it means anything but Watters seems like a much more likable person compared to Ross too.