Mike Sheahan takes it upon himself to restore the balance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:If Eade thinks Walsh can play on the wing in AFL and be any good he is either seriuosly deluded or he is having a lend.

As for Sheehan's article, it is a strong indicator that Tommy Walsh will NOT make it in the AFL IMO.
I heard the eade interview and like the media he used walsh as an excuse for his crap performance as coach. Seriously that game made a lot of the irish afl listed players look good, does that mean they will all be stars?

the dogs have issues with us and so does Rod. The bulldogs were claiming we are in the same boat as them but they are better off????

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
evertonfc wrote:We don't know if Walsh would've made it.

But he could have made it. He was clearly an excellent prospect.

Lyon butchered him and screwed the club over in the mean time.

Sheahan is hardly sinking the boot in, but then again, if he wrote something positive, he'd be accused of sucking up.

God save Ross Lyon, but thank Christ for Scott Watters.
I just dont get it. Walsh didnt deserve to play until the last few rounds at best. I just dont understand how 2-3 games would have made the difference in what seems 100K in pay deferential. Walsh left for money. RL had long gone before Walsh left.
Yes Ross had left, but Tommy's frustration at not getting a game meant he had probably succumbed to the "tadhgs that bind" even before that.

Money no doubt played a big role, but in his mind he was probably thinking he was leaving the Zebras, not the Saints, to join the Swans.

A few games in our colours, singing the club song with the boys - who knows? Maybe the Swans wouldn't have even got to the offer stage.
Well if he that type of bloke I am glad he left. He was a good average reserves player. He was no messiah. If what you say is true it sounds like he had a few tickets on himself. i dont get the I need you play me for a few games otherwise I look elsewhere. Heisnt friggin Chris Judd.
i think the trick with Walsh was to play him and find out. he always beamed potential but you're right he never took over a game - more that he continued to develop his effectiveness. we'll find out for sure next year, but there's always a chance he will stumble. plenty of games Lynch was outstanding for the Zebras. Lyon gave us Siposs, Ledger and Cripps; we're best concentrate on them and get behind them (and pick 35)

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If Walsh had played...and had looked really good...we still would have had salary cap problems and the Swans would still have been poised.

If Walsh had played...and had looked really bad......we might not have gained the two draft picks.

IMO Lyon should have played him in at least one game...however not really sure it would have stopped him leaving though.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainter93
Club Player

Very poor article.
Sees that there has been nothing but positive media news for us recently so decides to have a dig at us. :evil:

jays
Club Player

worst article ive read for awhile

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:If Walsh had played...and had looked really good...we still would have had salary cap problems and the Swans would still have been poised.

If Walsh had played...and had looked really bad......we might not have gained the two draft picks.

IMO Lyon should have played him in at least one game...however not really sure it would have stopped him leaving though.
Another possibility.

We heard there had been a contract on the table for some time but Walsh wouldn't sign it. Why? Only he knows but there's a chance he thought Ross just wasn't going to give him a go. If he'd played a few games and done okay he may have felt part of the team and signed on at a figure that was within our means. And Sydney may never have got a chance to sell him a better life.

We'll probably never know.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Sainter93"]Very poor article.
Sees that there has been nothing but positive media news for us recently so decides to have a dig at us. : how come every time the media brings up something less than glowing about the Saints we feel like it's aqll the media's fault.All the media does is hold up a mirror, what that mirror shows is not necessarily their construct.

Riewoldt and Goddard to live up to their reputations ,Clarke and Ray to defy theirs in 2012!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Zach Touhy looked pretty average at AFL level. Yes I have probably misspelt his name but...oh well?

Pearce Hanley has taken a good 4/5 seasons to show anything and he sleeps with god-awful-looking women. Including rangas. Delist.