Less than 2 days to go and still no movement...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Moccha wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
ThePunter wrote:Here's your movement:

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

Peake, Polo, Dempster, Ray & Clarke re-signed.

Dawson gone.

Blake to be delisted as he is currently a veteran listed player, but to be re-drafted onto primary list.
So we waste a draft pick on Blake? :?
What's wrong with pick 105?
Maybe Ross will pick him before us :shock:
Blake has to agree to it

Another opportunity awaits!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

ThePunter wrote:Blake to be delisted as he is currently a veteran listed player, but to be re-drafted onto primary list.
i don't quite understand why blake has to be dropped and redrafted. can't we have any number of players on the veterans list these days?

http://www.afl.com.au/development/aflex ... px#veteran

anyway, who goes onto the veterans list to replace him? hayes is already on there so it must be milne.

fisher and kosi will both be old enough, but fisher hasn't been on the list for enough years and kosi's pay packet wouldn't be worth it. riewoldt is not quite old enough - you need to be over 30 on september 30 and he turns 30 in october.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
ThePunter wrote:Blake to be delisted as he is currently a veteran listed player, but to be re-drafted onto primary list.
i don't quite understand why blake has to be dropped and redrafted. can't we have any number of players on the veterans list these days?

http://www.afl.com.au/development/aflex ... px#veteran

anyway, who goes onto the veterans list to replace him? hayes is already on there so it must be milne.

fisher and kosi will both be old enough, but fisher hasn't been on the list for enough years and kosi's pay packet wouldn't be worth it. riewoldt is not quite old enough - you need to be over 30 on september 30 and he turns 30 in october.
Still only 2 allowed on the vet list for 2012. Changes for 2013. Milney would be on more coin than Blakey so a straight swap would free up some TPP space. De-list & re-draft Blakey is the only way this can be done !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Congrats to the club once again. They gave a 24-48 hour timeframe on this 2 days ago. They delivered exactly what they promised.

This has to be earning the club a lot of respect in the media !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Congrats to the club once again. They gave a 24-48 hour timeframe on this 2 days ago. They delivered exactly what they promised.

+1

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Moccha wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
ThePunter wrote:Here's your movement:

http://www.saints.com.au/news/newsartic ... fault.aspx

Peake, Polo, Dempster, Ray & Clarke re-signed.

Dawson gone.

Blake to be delisted as he is currently a veteran listed player, but to be re-drafted onto primary list.
So we waste a draft pick on Blake? :?
What's wrong with pick 105?
Maybe Ross will pick him before us :shock:
But he could get picked up by another club :? , hope that does not happen.

I love this club
iremember66
Club Player

To the top wrote:I assume that some on here are very hung over for a few days after St Kilda play because they must surely go to the football to drink and not to actually watch the football being played.

Ray is a required player because of his skills including particularly his excellent overhead marking where he is near the benchmark in our side.

Dempster - We can only afford one "Dempster" type in our side. Has the discipline to be able to mostly subdue his opponent but of limited value to the "generation" requirements of AFL footy today. Jones works far better off his man.

Dawson - very, very average lacking the mental attributes to play at this level. No physical presence in a position which requires a physical presence. Looks and plays scared.

Blake - the fact that he has got to 199 games speaks to the deficiencies in our team and particularly the "bottom 6" in our team. A 189cm ruckman!! Spare me!!!! Needs to play as a "spare" defender to win the ball - then he has to dispose!!! And some complain about Clarke!!!!!

Peake - Improved when played forward with a specific role (because our other mid sized and small attacking players have no defensive or chase skills) BUT did not impact enough the other way - scoreboard pressure. With a hopefully restructured forward set up will not be required as a "compensation" player for the deficiencies of others. Therefore will struggle.

Clarke - an automatic selection. Selfless player as demonstrated by his backing into pack marking contests. Positions and directs very well in defence and, with a more attacking game plan and forwards actually in the forward line instead of seeing no one when you look up - and forced to stop and prop, then go sideways or backwards - will prosper. Came off an interrupted pre-season in 2011.

Polo- could not get a game for Richmond, comes to St Kilda and is a regular (albeit Hayes missed the season). An adpt description of why we have not improved as required from 2009 - by improving our "bottom 6". A succinct summary of Lyon's list management.
A change of game plan means a lot - I suspect Farren Ray was asked to play a different role than previously because of the injury to Lenny (and Farren suffered a hammy at some stage??? that may have impacted), I remember thinking on many, many occasions what a good get Farren was, and suspect I will again - thanks Ross??? (ducks for cover).

Dawson - needed to bulk up and that would have helped a lot (in previous post I mentioned he had a couple of interrupted pre-seasons which probably impacted) - but the prevailing wisdom seems to be that he is already gone.

Clarke will have a blinder this year - tough as boots and can play!

saintnick12
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Eastern wrote:Congrats to the club once again. They gave a 24-48 hour timeframe on this 2 days ago. They delivered exactly what they promised.

+1
I agree. Though Nettlefold did say 24-48 hrs on Monday night on SEN, so I was expecting the announcement yesterday. Probably were just finalizing final details, as said the same 24-48 on the Tuesday morning and have met that today.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Sobraz wrote:1. Ray
2. Dempster
3. Dawson
4. Blake
5. Peake
6. Clarke
7. Polo

In order of importance to next years chances IMO..

I expect a big change in output from Ray in particular, he needs to take the step.. And Dempster needs to match his '11 output, which will be difficult to achieve..

Dawson is important to structure, but isn't be all and end all..

Blake is useful backup..

Players 5 through 7 should be VFL all year if we're gonna step up again..
I agree, except for Dawson who I don't rate at all and am delighted he's going and Peake who I think can continue on his improvement from last season.

1. Ray
2. Peake
3. Dempster
4. Blake
5. Clarke
6. Polo
7. Dawson

noob
Club Player

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
Blake to be temp delisted then back on again

iremember66
Club Player

Seriously looking forward to Jason Blakes 200th. He has earned it by giving everything every time he is out there. All that rucking he did when there was no-one else and he must have known he was in for a whipping - speaks volume for the man. And he has a huge motor which he uses. Look forward to him gaining life membership of AFL by playing his 200th. Love that he is a Saint through and through.