Manson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sainter27
Club Player

Manson

It is not a great last name, but he is the absolute unknown of the draft. Looking at some of the phantoms they having him going from 9 to 45. Obviously us drafting Saad and Milaera is probably an indication that we have covered that type of player, but do you guys think we may look at him if available at 25?

swarta
Club Player

Manson isn't the same type as saad or milera. Manson is a kpf like lance franklin. Milera is more of a med/tall half foreword, winger and saad is a small foreword midfielder. I would loooooove to get manson as he looks exiting and if developed right could be a franklin. My gut feeling is the club won't go for manson as he is skinny and quite a risky pick as he will be a long term project.

Either way have faith in pelchan, can't go wrong with that bloke

sent from my iphone.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I'd love to go with Manson if he was available with our 4th pick. Only because at 25, 35 and 37 there will probably (hopefully) be some sliders to consider such as Grigg, Smith, Kavanagh, Haynes, Elton or Kersten.

Agree he is NOTHING like Milera & Saad. He plays like Jurrah or a shorter Buddy, exciting as hell but there is an understanding that he may not last in Melbourne, wanting to go home, ie Troy Taylor. Big risks associated with him, he has x-factor but is still pretty speculative.

By the time we are willing to take punt on him, he will be taken by West Coast or Freo.
Last edited by St Ick on Wed 16 Nov 2011 8:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Ross who?
Club Player

I think you will find he is 195cm tall!

Blake Acres fan club VIP
Saints94
SS Life Member

St Ick wrote:I'd love to go with Manson if he was available with our 4th pick. Only because at 25, 35 and 37 there will probably be some sliders to consider such as Grigg, Smith, Elton or Kersten.

Agree he is NOTHING like Milera & Saad. He plays like Jurrah or a shorter Buddy, exciting as hell but there is an understanding that he may not last in Melbourne, wanting to go home, ie Troy Taylor. Big risks associated with him, he has x-factor but is still pretty speculative.

By the time we are willing to take punt on him, he will be taken by West Coast or Freo.
Hoping Grigg or Paine with our first pick :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The romantic in me wants him at our club, the danger is he'll want to head home.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I hope the Saints go for the best mid left in the draft when it is our first pick. Mids set up the game these days and they develop quicker.

sainter27
Club Player

My point was that he is an aboriginal player who has not been in any structured afl pathway, which creates masssive ajustments as it is. He may be 195cm's but certainly he has never really played that height in the Darwin comp. A tall fast kid, not someone who has been battered to hell at CHF all day. So you may say KPP, I say FP for 2-3-4 years till he gets a handle on the position he was drafted for. And HFF, FP's, we traded for in Saad and Milleara. You need not be so clinical

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:I think you will find he is 195cm tall!
I91cm........

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... 1nh5x.html

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I hope the Saints go for the best mid left in the draft when it is our first pick. Mids set up the game these days and they develop quicker.
Like the look of Clay Smith a hard working midfielder in the mould of Lenny , not quick but finds the ball. Would be happy to get him with our second pick ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I hope the Saints go for the best mid left in the draft when it is our first pick. Mids set up the game these days and they develop quicker.
Like the look of Clay Smith a hard working midfielder in the mould of Lenny , not quick but finds the ball. Would be happy to get him with our second pick ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Rosco
Club Player

wherever he goes, his nickname has to be "killer".

saintsfreak
Club Player

Or Marilyn :wink:

The Freak
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Or Smithers...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I guess you've got to be a Hobartian (albeit, in my case, an adopted one) to think football rather than crime when you hear the name "Manson".

James Manson: Hobart boy, premiership player in 1990. Seemingly low on talent, but gave 200% every game.

Played for the Filth, but a more decent down to earth bloke you'll never meet. If this young feller with the same surname is half as good as James then let's go for him!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

This!

Ross who?
Club Player

stinger wrote:
I91cm........

Sorry, my bad :oops: (Shouldn't trust BF phantom draft posters should I) 8-)

Blake Acres fan club VIP
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Ross who? wrote:
stinger wrote:
I91cm........

Sorry, my bad :oops: (Shouldn't trust BF phantom draft posters should I) 8-)
:wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He has always been put up as 195cm tall until the last couple of weeks. Was he measured at 191cm at the draft camp? If so, how did anyone find out ?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

He has always been put up as 195cm tall until the last couple of weeks. Was he measured at 191cm at the draft camp? If so, how did anyone find out ?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

There's a bit of a whisper around the "go home" threat is some what of a ploy by a WA club wanting to pick him up later in the draft then what he is worth ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:There's a bit of a whisper around the "go home" threat is some what of a ploy by a WA club wanting to pick him up later in the draft then what he is worth ...
Interesting. However, Freo and WCE are notorious at fighting each other for the local stars. I can see one of them going early, just to ensure the other can't get him. WCE has 2 picks within 30, then nothing for ages, so they would have to go pretty early. The worry for them is that Freo have 2 picks before their first.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

reckon the way the tahs have been dominating, my grandma could kick at least five a game. kid will probably go at too early a pick due to the hype.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:reckon the way the tahs have been dominating, my grandma could kick at least five a game. kid will probably go at too early a pick due to the hype.
There is a bit of dejavu about this kid and the hype/risk/romance about him .... I remember Rioli having a similar draft stigma attached to him .... Funny Pelchen took the punt on him and reaped massive rewards

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints94
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
desertsaint wrote:reckon the way the tahs have been dominating, my grandma could kick at least five a game. kid will probably go at too early a pick due to the hype.
There is a bit of dejavu about this kid and the hype/risk/romance about him .... I remember Rioli having a similar draft stigma attached to him .... Funny Pelchen took the punt on him and reaped massive rewards
If we do take the risk, i would spend pick 60 on him.