no kpps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Didnt you watch one Sandringham Dragons game and went on about a couple of their kids....BTW did they get picked

You kept banging on about Liam Sumner liked you spotted a talent....he was a potential top ten pick a year ago....so good get...

We had ZERO chance....he wasnt worth a thought....you did realise that
I mentioned Liam because he was a friend of my daughter. Also said we wouldnt get him. Said we may get Woodward but he went elsewhere. Also mentioned Frost and Darrou. Dont think either were drafted. Dont get your point. Actually I dont get anything you say. You are just a whinger looking for everything bad. No wonder the Siposs family think you are a tool. You would have only pointed out his faults.
Here they farkin go AGAIN :roll:
Dont like it easily fixed. Go away. Or learn how to play FB. We need one.
OR

You 2 Farkwits could try staying on topic for once instead of continually comparing dick sizes

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:Didnt you watch one Sandringham Dragons game and went on about a couple of their kids....BTW did they get picked

You kept banging on about Liam Sumner liked you spotted a talent....he was a potential top ten pick a year ago....so good get...

I mentioned Liam because he was a friend of my daughter. Also said we wouldnt get him. Said we may get Woodward but he went elsewhere. Also mentioned Frost and Darrou. Dont think either were drafted. Dont get your point. Actually I dont get anything you say. You are just a whinger looking for everything bad. No wonder the Siposs family think you are a tool. You would have only pointed out his faults.
OR

You 2 Farkwits could try staying on topic for once instead of continually comparing dick sizes
Is this on topic? Go away and learn how to kick out of FB. Dont do a drop kick late in a GF please.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

OR

Is this on topic? Go away and learn how to kick out of FB. Dont do a drop kick late in a GF please.
have you ever been on topic...speaking of drop kicks

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Beau Wilkes is a KP 194 / 98, plays tall back :shock:

Edit: Apparently Jay Lever can play CHB - although ruckman size at 200cm
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Thu 24 Nov 2011 10:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hold your ground :shock:
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: no kpps

Con Gorozidis wrote:we just got some half back flanker from tassie?
clearly we dont need any kpps.
so simpkin and stanely are going to be absolute guns!
Does your wife complain when you go off early as well?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
TwoTowers
Club Player

How many kpps do you need in the modern game anyway? Ideally 2 - one at either end of the ground with a spare on the bench. And the kpps that play the forward role well are as rare as hen's teeth.

You do need plenty of athletic talls though and every player we drafted is well over 6 foot (182cm). 6 of the 7 we drafted are 187cm plus with Webster hardly a midget at 184cm. We managed to grab a ruckman and a key defender and redrafted a handy tall utility.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

TwoTowers wrote:How many kpps do you need in the modern game anyway? Ideally 2 - one at either end of the ground with a spare on the bench. And the kpps that play the forward role well are as rare as hen's teeth.

You do need plenty of athletic talls though and every player we drafted is well over 6 foot (182cm). 6 of the 7 we drafted are 187cm plus with Webster hardly a midget at 184cm. We managed to grab a ruckman and a key defender and redrafted a handy tall utility.
I agree, guys like Rhys, Archer, Siposs and Ferguson aren't in the starting 22 as it is....bar injury or rotation due to rest, you'd think they will need to produce something pretty special to push someone out

matrix
Saintsational Legend

drop kick from full back
:shock:
its not 1968

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:drop kick from full back
:shock:
its not 1968
Why entertain an idiot.... :roll:

PJ
SS Life Member

Wilkes and Lever can clearly play KP (full back & CHB)

Will J was 191 and Marky mark is 191 - updated and improved version.

Stanley, Archer, Simpkin are potential KPPs

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
jmac101
Club Player

we have an obvious need for kpp's of the future. we all know it, our list management would also know it.

however, they obviously looked our needs and looked at what was available and made the call that the investment in mids this year outweighed the investment in kpp's.

even if we win the flag in 2012, our first round pick next year will be higher than it was this year (i think). we can invest in kpp's next year. who knows, maybe we even have more draft picks in the future if we get raided by GWS...

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Old Mate wrote:Cant believe we didnt pick Elton or Kersten with our first selection
Agreed, Saints didnt go with my preferences of those two and Grigg. End of the day they must see something they really love in Seb Ross (enough to snatch him before Essendon at 31), so while they weren't my selections I'll have some faith in what we've done... after all they are now our boys! I wonder where the Elton talk started though as he was pretty much 25 in every phantom and its not like Ross slid...

We got a couple of talls late and there is still the likes of Dowler and Boseley in the rookie draft who have just as much potential as any of the lower picked kpp's. All is not lost when you look at it, as it doesnt matter what number they are, its what they do from here that will determine their success at this level.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
loris
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Go away. Or learn how to play FB. We need one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gold Pluggering one :P

gringo
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:Wilkes and Lever can clearly play KP (full back & CHB)

Will J was 191 and Marky mark is 191 - updated and improved version.

Stanley, Archer, Simpkin are potential KPPs
Lever will be a long term KPP, Wilkes the short term. Just because you recruit KPPs doesn't make them quality.

Should we pick tall duds and over look good smalls?

Until we get Emma Quale as our recruiting manager we will just have to hope the Pelch is doing his job along with Ameet and who ever else we have got lately.