Lyon a big drawcard for Freo-bound Dawson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

crippa2sipa wrote:Zac's a great kid. I loved having him as our FB and am devastated we lost him.

He definitely seems happier and more relaxed down at Freo. So for his sake I'm glad and wish him all the best.

Full video is here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Thirty-seven!? - I reckon SOS would have warned Ross (or Zac) if there was any likelihood of GWS making a last-minute move.
So Zac basically needs one of the only men in football that thinks he can play as his guardian angel...again?

How surprising.

crippa2sipa
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:So Zac basically needs one of the only men in football that thinks he can play as his guardian angel...again?
Needs? I don't think so. Scott very much wanted him to stay at the Saints. Thinks he can play apparently. No doubt you know better.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

crippa2sipa wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:So Zac basically needs one of the only men in football that thinks he can play as his guardian angel...again?
Needs? I don't think so. Scott very much wanted him to stay at the Saints. Thinks he can play apparently. No doubt you know better.
Point taken however the guardian angel remark remains.

But then again probably likes having his project around.

I'm sure McPharlin, Grover, Silvagni and Suban enjoy providing continual chop outs game in and game out due to his inability to defend consistently one on one.

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Zac's commitment has always been questionable.

In May, when things were looking bleak for the Saints, he booked a September holiday.

Then, prior to the Swans elimination final, he was heard to tell friends that he was hoping we'd lose so his holiday plans wouldn't be derailed.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Then, prior to the Swans elimination final, he was heard to tell friends that he was hoping we'd lose so his holiday plans wouldn't be derailed.
Think his good mate Ro$$ Lyon also hoped we lost so it didnt derail his announcement of stabbing the club in the back....

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Zac's commitment has always been questionable.

In May, when things were looking bleak for the Saints, he booked a September holiday.

Have you got a link for this? Sounds like bs to me.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
DWOODROW
Club Player

He now plays for an opposition club. He will be treated accordingly on the field I hope, just like Luke Ball was.

Save the nicities till after the game.

Nuff Said.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Did he say the best was ahead of him when he left the Hawks and came to St Kilda?

Perhaps he is trying to convince himself.

3 clubs by 25....

Then you have someone like Jason Blake.

I don't wish him ill, I don't wish him well.

He is beige :wink:

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:

I haven't got a link for this one but I clearly remember at the time we rookied him he was ready to walk away from footy and wasn't sure if he was mentally up for another crack at it. The Saints, as I recall, had to do a fair bit of persuading.

Some of these things coming out suggest Zac may indeed still be a bit fragile.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So he is a whipping boy and doesn't like it.

lol Raph Clarke say hi, you soft bastard :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Saintersss
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:and it all could just be the media picking up some hesitation and Looking for more of a reason than $$$
and as with many footballers who are not media savvy and speak before thinking -Zac realised they were leading him down the- 'well what went wrong track' rather than it just being the $$$.

not just fans sniping him- Walls....... etc- fresh start along with more $$$.

http://www.sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/a ... freo-11777

http://www.foxsports.com.au/AFL/dawson- ... =FoxSports

in video of interview he does say he has no problem with any person at the saints- and this may indicate that whilst it was mainly money a fresh start after all the ' guff' was a factor.-
I'm confused. At the start of the interview Zac says he wanted to stay, but he was delisted so he is grateful that Freo are giving him another oppourtunity.

I know he was technically 'delisted', but wasn't that Zac's choice because he didn't accept a contract.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

As I see it Dawson left for the following reasons

1. The Lyin factor. He knows he is a favourite of Ro$$ and will be almost gaurenteed a game

2. Money. They offered it, we didnt

3. Being a whipping boy. Yeah it gets to you, just ignore it princess.

4. The Pelchan factor. Sacked him once.

5. The Watters factor. Knowing he would have to work hard and earn a spot.

All this points to a man who is weak willed, gutless, lazy and selfish.

Good riddance Hac Dawson.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
crippa2sipa
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:So he is a whipping boy and doesn't like it.

lol Raph Clarke say hi, you soft bastard :roll:
I don't think that was it at all Joffaboy. He referred to his having a "thick skin" about that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

9.50 onwards.

When I first watched this, I honestly thought Zac was going to work hard to turn things around and was truly sorry about his 'biggest mistake'

I don't think he learns the hard way, I think he takes the easy way.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Think most of that was scripted .. Looking back at that whole doco in hindsight it seems very "manufactured"

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
winmaaah
Club Player

I'm sure Scott was more concerned about filling a hole rather than Dawsons ability. Dawson never comes across as much of a thinker. Not upset that his moved on. Overpriced, thinking brown not 'beige'

crippa2sipa
Club Player

winmaaah wrote:I'm sure Scott was more concerned about filling a hole rather than Dawsons ability. Dawson never comes across as much of a thinker. Not upset that his moved on.
If Dawson lacked ability he would hardly be capable of filling the "hole" Scott wanted him to fill at FB. But you're right. Zac's not much of a thinker - at least not when compared with those noted philosophers on the backline Ralph and Gilbo.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Zac is a good stopper, little more, whilst nobody will be devastated to see him go I am still disappointed.

However I wish him all the best, he seems like a guy who feels he has the weight of the world on his shoulder and I hope he can just get out of his head and play some decent footy.

It's been a really interesting few years, we have had so many St Kilda names come and go, funnily enough the two who I have lost the most respect for are Ball and Hudghton.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
crippa2sipa
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:It's been a really interesting few years, we have had so many St Kilda names come and go, funnily enough the two who I have lost the most respect for are Ball and Hudghton.
That's exactly how I feel too.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

crippa2sipa wrote:
Armoooo wrote:It's been a really interesting few years, we have had so many St Kilda names come and go, funnily enough the two who I have lost the most respect for are Ball and Hudghton.
That's exactly how I feel too.
I find I can't anymore with the aforementioned.

Basically they could not and did not get the games they wanted under Rosco the Bosco and they left/retired.

Regardless of anyone's belief about Luke Ball he handled himself really maturely and professionally throughout the whole saga. I felt sorry for him the first year (up until the replay) as to me it did not seem like he wanted to be playing for another team but more importantly against us.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:Zac is a good stopper, little more, whilst nobody will be devastated to see him go I am still disappointed.

However I wish him all the best, he seems like a guy who feels he has the weight of the world on his shoulder and I hope he can just get out of his head and play some decent footy.

It's been a really interesting few years, we have had so many St Kilda names come and go, funnily enough the two who I have lost the most respect for are Ball and Hudghton.
What the hell did Max do wrong?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
What the hell did Max do wrong?
you're not allowed to get another job once you leave st kilda. that's disloyal. even if st kilda doesn't want to employ you, the only right thing to do is sit around waiting for a phone call.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon a big drawcard for Freo-bound Dawson

Richter wrote:From: http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... 1o51h.html
Fremantle recruit-in-waiting Zac Dawson says his strong relationship with ex-St Kilda coach Ross Lyon meant committing to the Dockers was an easy choice.......

.....Intriguingly, Dawson said the Saints' reduced offer, due to salary cap pressure, was not his sole reason for leaving.

He added he had no problem with new St Kilda coach Scott Watters, whom he met before making his decision.

"It was a few other things that I'd rather not talk about," Dawson said.
But, given the Saints gave him a second chance at an AFL career, he said he held more fond memories of the club than grudges.
Anybody know what he's talking about?
as i said somewhere else. I don't like it when people insinuate things, give hints that something is wrong but don't discuss the issue. he should have shut his mouth to the media, if he has no gripes with the saints. obviously he does.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:

agree, it does not real to me

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It wasn't aboput the money.
Life was untenable under the coach.
Oh wait....
The coach was gone and he's going to play for
that same coach.

These guys are professional footballers - they make their living from playing football and if the deal from Freo is, as suspected, at least 50% more than what he was offered to stay, then good luck to him for going.

BUT like many before him, I suspect his 'people' have advised him to downplay the money aspect so as not to look too mercenary.

So we have veiled noises about 'other things' being a part of the reasoning.
We've seen this camouflage before.
I'm sure we'll see it again.