Membership 2012 online now

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey noddy :D
we rang up and changed from the 11 game social club memberships to 2 premium interstate memberships quite easily this morning
they adjusted out the payment thats already auto came off the credit card (although we got charged $8 for that..mehh no biggy) and it drops from about 33 a month for each membership down to about 25 bucks a month for each membership
also ordered the be the future packs and the 2011 social club medallions as well
all quite easily and the young girl was very helpful
hope this helps noddy
see ya's round 1 :D

noddy04
Club Player

Cheers Matrix Yeah I spoke to a lass this morning as well at the club. We will stick to the membership we have and will certainly catch up with you Round 1 :):)

Rosco
Club Player

seriously people

11 game membership goes from $185 last year to $190 (not a $15 rise as someone claimed). it's a 2.7% increase (less than CPI which was 3.5% from Sept 2010 to Sept 2011), nettlefold mentioned that it was less than CPI on SEN this morning.

somone mentioned that you want to see everyone in the same saints caps / scarves - you'd expect at least 80% of next years members already have one, and if not they're likely to get one. not sure it's necessary to see the "2012" on everyone's scarf.

you can buy a membership scarf for $15 if you want one. membership pack includes a $25 saints locker voucher (granted you have to spend $50 to start with), but it puts the ball in your court. the new one looks good, i might get one, but i might not. this works for the club much better.

finally, as someone else said - footy first. i can't see what all the fuss is about.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

it was the interstate basic membership that went up by 15 bucks not the 11 gamer

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Listen I know that you and others mean well, but seriously there's a lack of understanding in here....

You ask - who does the buck stop with.... well the answer is that it stops with us, the members. We voted in this board - they could not have been more clear as to what they wanted. "Footy first" was their campaign slogan. Since then we have seen unprecedented investment in our football dept, we've competed in 3 PFs, and 3 GFs.

Surely people can see that for your extra $$, whilst you don't get the cap and scarf, you do get a 'football academy', extra development coaches etc. etc. And that hopefully in the long run a more consistently higher performing club on-field.
Yes, yes, and yes + 10,000,000

Well said Richter.

Footy First was put in after the members went feral at the Butters board. You know the board that for the first time in our history gave us multi million profits.

Now the reason we got those profits was that Butters and co, cut outgoings severly, many believing that not enough was put into our footy dept, contributing to our severe run of injuries from 2004 to 2006, resulting in at least two missed opportunities at a flag in 04 and 05.

After the Thomas sacking and the bitching and backbiting that then went on, Butters fell on his sword when the membership decided to go with Footy First whos main platform was to spend like a drunken sailor.

I was pilloried because i cautioned about this reckless spending. I was even threatened via PM for not following the orthodox line and daring to raise concerns about what this menat financially in the future.

So what do we now have? An admin that overspent on many things, but almost reaped the reward with a flag.

But we are left with the results of those efforts. We lose a coach (probably best in the long run now the dust has settled) because we cant afford him,

We lose players (thankfully few and it has been marvellously managed by this admin) because of SC pressure.

We have multi million dollar losses because of increased footy dept spending and a shocking stadium deal plus the giveaways at membership time.

So the admin HAS to cut costs. If it can save $400k by scrapping things liek yearly scarves, I am all for it.

We need to show that we are fiscally competent while giving the footy dept the best opportunity to win a flag.

We are not Collingwood or WCE. We cannot afford state of the art footy training complex's and frivilous givaways like a yearly bloody scarf and cap.

We get a cashed up footy dept and Yoof Academy or we get a baseball cap.

You lot chose this way over Butters way.

Dont whinge now.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im guessing the sc is still capped at 12500 (??)
just wondering as now they have the prem interstate thingy that includes a gf ticket, which means more tickets to allocate
unless a lot of interstaters drop off the 11 and 16 sc and take up the prem interstate and it all balances out (?)

Richter
SS Life Member

Rosco wrote:seriously people

11 game membership goes from $185 last year to $190 (not a $15 rise as someone claimed). it's a 2.7% increase (less than CPI which was 3.5% from Sept 2010 to Sept 2011), nettlefold mentioned that it was less than CPI on SEN this morning.
I may not be popular for this view, but I actually think that the 11 game membership should have gone up more. At these levels it seems like the interstate members are subsidising the Victorian members. IMO the interstaters do get a rough trot, given that most will only go to a bare minimum (if any) games.

So, interstate members, like Mat, Noddy, Batnoe and others who have contributed to this thread... I salute you!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
noddy04
Club Player

Richter wrote:

I may not be popular for this view, but I actually think that the 11 game membership should have gone up more. At these levels it seems like the interstate members are subsidising the Victorian members. IMO the interstaters do get a rough trot, given that most will only go to a bare minimum (if any) games.

So, interstate members, like Mat, Noddy, Batnoe and others who have contributed to this thread... I salute you!
I salute you for saluting us Richter lol

Rosco
Club Player

matrix wrote:it was the interstate basic membership that went up by 15 bucks not the 11 gamer
i was talking about this post from the bottom of page 1
older saint wrote:So from what I have read the membership has increased by $15 ( adult membership 11 games now $190 and we no longer get a scarf.

Rosco
Club Player

Richter wrote:

probably could have got away with $195 (staying under the psychological $200), but perhaps were expecting some fallout on the scarves so only went for a meagre rise

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The $25 credit on minimum $50 Saints locker spend deal is clever. It negates the need for sales for a while!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Royston
Club Player

matrix wrote:hey noddy :D
we rang up and changed from the 11 game social club memberships to 2 premium interstate memberships quite easily this morning
they adjusted out the payment thats already auto came off the credit card (although we got charged $8 for that..mehh no biggy) and it drops from about 33 a month for each membership down to about 25 bucks a month for each membership
also ordered the be the future packs and the 2011 social club medallions as well
all quite easily and the young girl was very helpful
hope this helps noddy
see ya's round 1 :D

Matrix, did you order the 2011 medallions or were they the 2012.
They didn't have the 2011 at the start of the year and the way it read was exactly what you stated....I have just paid my 2012 Social Club and the chap on the dog & bone said they don't have 2011 and it will be 2012.
I mentioned the way the website read was that they would send a 2011 to those that wanted them.
I thought it was a good will gesture and reflected a demand.
I've been collecting these for many a year and was a little pissed they weren't available this year.
Reckon the website info has been updated and corrected.

Cheers

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:it was the interstate basic membership that went up by 15 bucks not the 11 gamer
...and the kids

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
...and the kids
...and the Pets :shock: :shock:

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Netters on 927
http://www.radiosportnat.com.au/audiopl ... 711245.mp3

BTW Rooeys Recruits has gone down $40
keeping the kids who may have signed up at $40 a better reason to upgrade to Rooeys recruits

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints94
SS Life Member

I reckon its better that you can buy a t shirt, hat and SCARF all in the one package for only $40 :)

older saint
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
older saint wrote:
Richter wrote:
SainterK wrote:
older saint wrote:So from what I have read the membership has increased by $15 ( adult membership 11 games now $190 and we no longer get a scarf.

While the concept of removing the scarf has financial merit (saving $400,000) this combined with the increase sees the average person receiving less benefit and paying more!

It seems to me either
a) the previous memberhsip packages were financially mismanaged and poorly designed
or
b) the club has once again gone to the well to bleed dry the faithful like us who put our hard earned on the line to support them onlyto see poor management and board decisions waste considerable amounts of money.

So much for making the members feel welcome and part of the club!
or option c) the club continues to struggle, or does not work hard enough to attract some decent corporate dollars by way of sponsors and advertising?
d/ Pay nearer the 92% on the salary cap (as opposed to near 100%). We'd have to give up BJ or Dal or Joey, but hey, getting the free cap and scarf is more important right?
My point is not about getting a scarf , hat etc, it is more like other have also mentioned the mismanagement which has resulted in the situation where you pay more for something and get less.

The club has spent a fortune recently in the football dept, facilities, CEO salary staff etc. etc . these are decisions a board need to make based on fiscal sensibility and sustainability. Members are the lifeblood of football clubs yet are viewed by boards as an easy target as they play on our emotions and loyalties.

Rather than just hit the members to increase revenue and profit perhaps some accountability should be taken for the lack of sponsers dollar, the fact the club is a damaged good product ( based on the last 2 years off field activitites) . the buck must stop with someone - CEO/ President/ Board. I am not sure who but it seems the members are the only ones which are made ot pay for the board/CEO/President/Clubs stuff ups.
Listen I know that you and others mean well, but seriously there's a lack of understanding in here....

You ask - who does the buck stop with.... well the answer is that it stops with us, the members. We voted in this board - they could not have been more clear as to what they wanted. "Footy first" was their campaign slogan. Since then we have seen unprecedented investment in our football dept, we've competed in 3 PFs, and 3 GFs.

Surely people can see that for your extra $$, whilst you don't get the cap and scarf, you do get a 'football academy', extra development coaches etc. etc. And that hopefully in the long run a more consistently higher performing club on-field.
I will take your response as being courtious and not condesending.

That said you have more clearly provided a basis for an increase in memebrship cost due to football department spending/ academy etc than the CEO did in the 2 radio interviews in the last 24 hours i listened to.

Tim Watson asked the question which i was trying to ask above " why is the club making a loss of 1.5-2 million after being in 2 GF 's and making finals 4 years in a row?

The old chestnut stadium deal came out - which is clearly an issue and causes great disparity within the AFL, however things such as why we have been spending $400,000 on scarfs for the last x number of years, lost sponsors dollars due to poor behaviour and reputation, relocation costs , etc were glossed over.

I couldn't give a rats about a scarf but when the club wants to give me less for more money i think we have a right as members to know why and what the extra funds will go towards, not just spin which we are coping.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think you have posed your question well, but people will ask you again why you care about a scarf :wink:

Richter
SS Life Member

older saint wrote: I will take your response as being courtious and not condesending.

That said you have more clearly provided a basis for an increase in memebrship cost due to football department spending/ academy etc than the CEO did in the 2 radio interviews in the last 24 hours i listened to.

Tim Watson asked the question which i was trying to ask above " why is the club making a loss of 1.5-2 million after being in 2 GF 's and making finals 4 years in a row?

The old chestnut stadium deal came out - which is clearly an issue and causes great disparity within the AFL, however things such as why we have been spending $400,000 on scarfs for the last x number of years, lost sponsors dollars due to poor behaviour and reputation, relocation costs , etc were glossed over.

I couldn't give a rats about a scarf but when the club wants to give me less for more money i think we have a right as members to know why and what the extra funds will go towards, not just spin which we are coping.
Sorry, :oops: Is meant in a courteous manner, I'm not out for the argumentative approach like I know some do...

You do make a good point about the CEO's powers of communication... (or lack thereof....)... I haven't heard him over the last couple of days, but from the sound of it, he hasn't done a great job of providing clarity... although I did hear a grab from him this morning when he said that feedback from fans was that families didn't feel that they wanted another 5 scarves clogging up the house! (sorry not about scarves, I know!)

The other point re behaviour etc. is that IMO the club's bunker mentality (led by RL and Rooey) did not help re attracting major sponsors - on the flip side, I think that it did help the playing group bind together - you know the whole 'Saints bubble' concept.... presumably Netters doesn't want to publicly acknowledge this because it would then give the media license to say that the club is harking back to the RL era and whingeing about it...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I agree about the bunker mentality...

I would hope now that things are different, potential companies must now be easily convinced that there will be lots of opportunities for exposure.

If they still struggle to get sponsors / sell stadium signage over the next 12 months, something (or someone) must be dodgy.

older saint
SS Life Member

Richter wrote:
older saint wrote: I will take your response as being courtious and not condesending.

Sorry, :oops: Is meant in a courteous manner, I'm not out for the argumentative approach like I know some do...

You do make a good point about the CEO's powers of communication... (or lack thereof....)... I haven't heard him over the last couple of days, but from the sound of it, he hasn't done a great job of providing clarity... although I did hear a grab from him this morning when he said that feedback from fans was that families didn't feel that they wanted another 5 scarves clogging up the house! (sorry not about scarves, I know!)

The other point re behaviour etc. is that IMO the club's bunker mentality (led by RL and Rooey) did not help re attracting major sponsors - on the flip side, I think that it did help the playing group bind together - you know the whole 'Saints bubble' concept.... presumably Netters doesn't want to publicly acknowledge this because it would then give the media license to say that the club is harking back to the RL era and whingeing about it...
Appreciate the healthy discussion without getting in to a personal slanging match.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I agree about the bunker mentality...

I would hope now that things are different, potential companies must now be easily convinced that there will be lots of opportunities for exposure.

If they still struggle to get sponsors / sell stadium signage over the next 12 months, something (or someone) must be dodgy.
One flag in 100+ years doesn't sell much to sponsors. We care, they don't.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:For all of you disappointed with the new membership package, you need to understand what the club is doing. The St.Kilda FC is an organisation and due to the estimated 1.5 million dollar loss this season they need to cut costs in order to survive and continue to challenge for the ultimate glory.

As stated by the club the free scarfs cost us $400,000 a year!!

So this is one way they can reduce their costs which will help us in the future to expand to a bigger and better club.

We are all very passionate about our club, and nobody on here should be devastated that you don't get a free scarf, because the reason we buy the memberships is to support our club and to go watch the boys battle it out and hopefully achieve the ultimate success.

And don't forget we receive all of these benefits for being a 2012 member
• Exclusive 2012 Saints Member Pack - containing key ring, personalised Fixture magnet and Be the Future bumper sticker
• 2012 Saints Membership Card, wallet and lanyard
• $25 Saints Locker Voucher (minimum $50 spend)
• Exclusive Weekly Members Email from new Senior Coach, Scott Watters
• Subscription to the Saint Magazine Online
• Access to purchase finals tickets to weeks 1 - 3 when St Kilda participates
• Invitation to an exclusive Members Day at Moorabbin (new in 2012!), free admission to Family Day and other Saints events
• Automatic inclusion to Saints Crest program to receive merchandise discounts
• Club voting rights at Annual General Meeting (if 18 years or over)
• FREE VFL entry to Sandringham home games, half price away games
• Plus, as a Saints Member you can have The Age home delivered Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 52 weeks a year for just $79.

So, stop complaining about the scarf, sign up again in 2012, and "be the future"

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Id go further if I was the club.....Id scrap the lanyard thing, wallet, key ring.

Keep sticker, add a "numbered membership medal/pin"

seriously you dont need all the junk every year - rather club save coin. Put any extra $ into days like members day which is a good initiative IMO.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:I agree about the bunker mentality...

One flag in 100+ years doesn't sell much to sponsors. We care, they don't.
I am trying not to be rose coloured.

However if I was a brand wanting to get my name out there, I shouldn't be hard to convince (on recent history) that I'd be getting some decent exposure from a club that seems very ready to wheel out the sponsors backdrop at every opportunity.

?